Conditions [ the mystery behind them and their vocabulary]

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
What does it all mean..equal to true or false , like i'm messing with making an abillity from a trigger [i haven't made a dummy unit yet and i have no clue what i want the abillity to be] What do Conditions actually do, do the conditions like have to be met when the even happens before the actions take place or something? [i really need to read the tutorials on JASS xD]

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
When an event happens, conditions are checked.
If all the conditions are true, the actions happen.
If they are not true, then the actions don't happen.

You probably need to be a little more specific in your questions so I can better answer you.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
But if i set the condition to false..then what's the point of making the trigger in the first place?

[EDIT] Also what i'm asking is what in the world and when and the world are triggers used? i mean what is their purpose exactly

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
An example:
Code:
Event - A unit bladder expanded

Condition:
Unit has Bladder equal to True
Unit is a Dog equal to False

Actions:
Create a Toilet at the position of triggering unit

So the trigger means that toilets will be created for all units around the world with expanded bladder EXCEPT the dogs. So the false condition is important here cos you dont want the dogs to have toilets.

Trigger can create lots of things which are not available in default WC3.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>> Also what i'm asking is what in the world and when and the world are triggers used? i mean what is their purpose exactly
To for example give you victory/defeat when a building dies, or whenever you feel like it.
To create scoretables in the upper right corner ingame, when playing a map.
To spawn units in a TD for a computer.
Ordering units to move in a TD from one point to another.
Creating Item Recipes, so when you get two of the items that one recipe requires, you remove those two item and create 1 new one for the hero.
Revive heroes upon death, without tavern/altar.
Their purpose is everything you can think of, as long as it is wc3 related, both things you can do in a melee map, and things you cannot do in a mele map can be done with triggers.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Also what i'm asking is what in the world and when and the world are triggers used? i mean what is their purpose exactly

The simplest way I can think of putting it is that a trigger makes things that are not standard to Warcraft 3's RTS game happen on your map.

Reaction score
I think it would be harder to answer the question "how are conditions useful" than it would be to answer the question "how can I make a decent map without conditions".

Conditions decide when your trigger is actually eligible for execution.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.