• Poll closed .

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
yay i'm now not a total loser. :D

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
>>Uberplayer - (0\5)WTF? All you did is darken it a little bit. I could tint it for the same effect.

Do it then, I can see the time he spent on that. I would like to see you try to make a even result. Ill give you rep if you can do it. Everybody thinks its a darken/recolor. Dont look at the screenshot. Open wc3viewer and compare. It is a great skin, and truly, i dont think i could achieve that result.

D

Dark_Dude

>I think its going to be christmas theme. Is that ghoul the grinch?
Wasn't going to be the grinch but now u say so... well im not gonna use it it would be unfair for others besides ive got a better idea for Chrsitmas theme :) plz lets roll the next contest i wanna start skinning :)
EDIT- Do you mind if i just keep posting updates of that skin here? dont really wanna start a new topic and heres all the guys that can give me some creative advice...

Reaction score
Start a new thread and update it. You get much more views, and it keeps this thread much cleaner.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Dasjunk's skin made me laugh, it gets my vote :D

would have voted dark dude if the arms ans chest were edited, they just didn't match the rest of the skin.
Lol... I find it very funny that I just fiddle around makeing random junk and I still get votes...

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Uberplayer if i made a new thread then how would i get the votes back to the other one, i cant get everybody to revote.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
>>Uberplayer - (0\5)WTF? All you did is darken it a little bit. I could tint it for the same effect.

Do it then, I can see the time he spent on that. I would like to see you try to make a even result. Ill give you rep if you can do it. Everybody thinks its a darken/recolor. Dont look at the screenshot. Open wc3viewer and compare. It is a great skin, and truly, i dont think i could achieve that result.

I do agree, he managed to make an awesome effect with his colour and shading, but that does not change the fact that it's a recolour. It does look good, and I would probably use it in a map or two if given the files, but I really think that more should have been changed.

Edit: didn't see the attached file, Might use it for one of the apopolypse hero's in a map I'm making if it's alright with you.

Lol... I find it very funny that I just fiddle around makeing random junk and I still get votes...

I voted for yours because of it's comical value, the cut and paste is a bit obvious though.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Uberplayer obviously spent time on that. That is a wonderful skin, and looks really cool. I don't think you should make fun of one of the best skins in this contest.

5/5 Uber

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
Uberplayer obviously spent time on that. That is a wonderful skin, and looks really cool. I don't think you should make fun of one of the best skins in this contest.

5/5 Uber

Theres a difference between making fun and cunstructive criticism; I agree that it's a great recolour, but I'd prefer to see the armour and face changed, I imagine that he planned to do that but ran out of time.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Not all skins require a change of face etc... since this unit/hero has a lot of cloth, it doesn't seem like it would need much/any face changes.

EDIT: Just look at it in the model viewer... it does have face changes, I didn't even notice.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
You're right, a model doesn't NEED to have details changed, but it's sure as hell alot more creative to change them; I geuss it's only fair to consider that the whole "famous warcraft character" theme, where you must use fan art, does not allow for much creativity though.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
is fire complaining? just wondering :p i haven't voted yet because i think they're all good, i did see who was winning though when i wasn't on, Congrats Archimonde to the huge margin, 20 to [the second highest] 6!!!! good job :D

Reaction score
>Uberplayer if i made a new thread then how would i get the votes back to the other one, i cant get everybody to revote.
Uhm.. not by yourself. Maybe an admin or a moderator could manage to do it somehow, not sure though.

Why is that needed anyway?

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
We seem to have the winner (I suspose), don't you people? Well i got to say it is a bit Obvious that Uberplayer is going to win!

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I voted for yours because of it's comical value, the cut and paste is a bit obvious though.
Of course its cut and paste, as the other ones are just recolors too. Im not complaining or anything, im glad you like it.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Uberplayer - Archimonde. Its the best.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.