System Convert Phoenix Fire Damage to Damage Type

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
hippogryph arrow missile does not have -build in "heavy bash" looping sound

this sound what i am talking about sounds only on projectile impact (when missile hits unit) it looks like ,something wrong in code...

but i just maked a copy of my item with integer (8) -and this one is ok

so you need to look what wrong with 7 INDEX...

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> so you need to look what wrong with 7 INDEX...

Interesting... basically there should be no difference between array numbers. This system is a bit outdated right now. It is in queue for fix(es). Going to write it for vJASS and currently thanks to Blizzard Area of Effect damage should not be working because that native or in GUI Damage Area dosn' t work. If I find time I will update the system. Also variables and function names should get prefix with system name so it would not cause errors with other triggers/ JASS scripts.
Can you send to me map where that bug happens ? If your map is top secret delete most of things but just keep that bug things so I could check what makes it not working.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Code:
"pfMinDamage[pfBuffIndex]" set to 30
"pfMaxDagame[pfBuffIndex]" set to 0, when Max damage is 0 it will use min value.
"pfAttackType[pfBuffIndex]" set to 1, it means melee.
"pfDamageType[pfBuffIndex]" set to 10, it means acid.
"pfWeaponType[pfBuffIndex]" set to 0, it means whoknows, set it
always to 0 if you don' t want any additional sound to be played.
"pfHasAreaEffec[pfBuffIndex]" set to false, will ignore all fields what are
meant for area of effect.

In CPFD Initialization trigger it would look like this:
Lets asume it is your third Phoenix Fire ability what you want to convert then
"pfBuffIndex" equals with 3.

"pfMinDamage[3]" = 55
"pfMaxDagame[3]" = 75
"pfAttackType[3]" = 5
"pfDamageType[3]" = 20
"pfWeaponType[3]" = 0
"pfHasAreaEffec[3]" = false

hihi you listed different examples, sooda.

The first one does 30 dmg, the second one 55 - 75...

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
Sooda i am from Tallinn too (Maardu linn) speaking on russian?
ok i give you that map with bug soon

so i am just tested my other items right now,and some of them(lightning Distruptor "divine Storm" INDEX16) also plays wrong attack-sound,but not all items,so? i think you need to remove this feature from your system - i mean SOUNDS

couse it bug my map,so i think you must make absolutely identical system but without attack sound feature! it helps me... and i think not only me...

you can keep two systems:
ONE with "pfWeaponType" feature...
and SECOND one without it... (for those people who have bugs)

so, are you able to do it?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> so, are you able to do it?

No, because sounds are attached to missile art or to ability (buff) directly. That is something called "hard coded".

> Sooda i am from Tallinn too (Maardu linn) speaking on russian?

Interesting, what about russians ?

> ok i give you that map with bug soon

Good, thanks.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
No, because sounds are attached to missile art or to ability (buff) directly. That is something called "hard coded".

you dont understand,i actually talking about "pfWeaponType" feature

can you just rewrite your code,in such case that it will be no longer in use THE "pfWeaponType" feature i mean all absolutely identical but just no need to process the "pfWeaponType -sounds"

you understand?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Hey friend, I know how to make it easier to create new Pf damages

If you are interested just tell me : )

Nogusta

Reaction score
Hey Sooda (or anyone else for that matter), I was wondering if you could help me out with an inexplicable problem with this system.

I am well into the development of a space map, however, I can't get your system to work even though I copied and pasted EXACTLY the same code from your test map, and modified your CTFD parameters perfectly (I think). On top of that I also re-created all the variables in your test map exactly (I think). I have made 2 abilities using phoenix fire and set them accordingly, however they seem to not trigger your code? No feedback text is appearing on screen either, even though pfshow or whatever is true.

I have attached the cut down map for your convienence. I have absolutely no clue what is wrong after days of searching and comparing. I didn't make any changes to your code as far as I know (except to CTFD intialization).

Perhaps Warcraft has been updated to a version that obseletes your code? I have tried your test map and the same code works perfectly there. Is there a better version out?

Or Is there something about importing foreign code into a map that I should know about (other than recreating all the variables used)?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It was simple mistake, you forgot to add unit who' s damage you want to convert to unit group:
To convert Phoenix Fire damage you need to add damaging unit into
"convertUnitPfDmgGroup" unit group. All units Phoenix Fire damage
who are in that group will be converted. Don' t forget if Phoenix
Fire ability buff isn' t initialized in CPFD Initialisation trigger
then damage will be not converted !
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=587802#post587802
Thanks for trying this system out.

Nogusta

Reaction score
I wonder if artillery projectiles that can miss are possible with phoenix fire as well.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Now that I'm more experienced I can tell you what you should use instead of this system: The goblin - spawning skill of the factory ( by tinker ). Simply let it spawn units that have no model, are invulnerable and untargeteable and let them deal the according damage. The units should have an attack cooldown of 10 seconds and their lifetime should be the cooldown of the weapon, as should the skill's cooldown. Bit more difficult but needs no coding, is bugfree and easier to mod ( Not that there were bugs in your system, please don't mistake me! But there are many users that might not know how to use your system properly )

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I still don't understand what this does...
Is it a custom Pheonix Fire? Or is it a Pheaonix Fire detection System?
Anyways, the code looks OK, and the explanation on how to use this System is actually very clear.
I wish this would have been made in vJass :p
Since Jass is... Well, I simply can read vJass better :p

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> But there are many users that might not know how to use your system properly

I agree. it just detects when unit is damaged and checks does unit have one of many different buffs what would trigger 'Do Damage' action.
It' s currently outdated and better system (Not done by me) what does everything and much more can be found at wc3campaigns.net.
Anitarf said:
This system was designed to provide a framework within which you can easily create all your buffs. You can make your buffs respond to all sorts of events, including custom ones that you specify, thus you can make your buffs interact with any other systems you may have in your map. Custom user data can be attached to both buff types and specific buffs to make sure that the engine does not represent a limiting factor in buff design.

The system was developed to support and promote the creation of interesting new buff spells, in hope that this will lead to new, more exciting gameplay in established map genres. Use your creativity.
Link: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=95521

H

Harrier719

This is an awesome system, just lookin at it makes me think there could be so many new possibilities. I looked over that other system you listed, and it's pretty cool, too, I just think yours seems a lot better to implement for battleships/battle tank style games. Maybe you could tell me cos this is like WAY over my head, but why do you think your system is obsolete?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> This is an awesome system, just lookin at it makes me think there could be so many new possibilities.

With ABuff you get much more possibilities.

> why do you think your system is obsolete?

I have there some mistakes what I should fix, though it works pretty well like it is even now.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nice system, i changed the model of doomhammer to the dragonhawk rider missle and it looked like a ice whip (I also changed the cooldown to 0.01) :)
+rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.