Corpse Explosion made easy (Working on Targetable EASY version)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Pretty simple, but takes ALOT of ABility editing, and one simple trigger. Well, here it is:

First, base a new ability off of Animate dead. (Yep)

Then, make it however many levels you want, and required level.

Then, scroll Down to "Art - Special" and put it as "Units - Special - Abomination".

Set the Number of corpses raised to 1 or more depending on how many corpses you want to go boom.

Set AoE to whatever you want, this will determine how close a corpse has to be for it to work.

Set Cooldown to what you want, and Duration to 0.01 (IMPORTANT)

Now, go to the Buff editor and make a new buff based off of Animate Dead.

Change it's "Art - Special" to "Spawned Effects - NuetralBuildingExplosion".

Now, put the new buff onto your Corpse Explosion.

Now, make a new trigger and set it's Event to "Unit - A unit Starts the Effect of an ability" and Condition to "(Ability Being Cast) equal to Corpse Explosion".

Now, we can do damage two ways. We can base it off the hit points of the corpse, or just full blown damage. We'll first use the action "Damage area". For full blown damage, use this action: (Change damage to what you want)

"Unit - Order (Casting unit) to damage area in 0.01 seconds of size 500.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) for (50.00 x (Real((Level of Corpse Explosion for (Casting unit))))) using attack type Chaos and damage type Universal."

As a note, the corpses usually raised in Animate Dead are considered the Target of Ability Being cast, so this does work.

For damage based on life of corpse, use this:

"Unit - Order (Casting unit) to damage area in 0.01 seconds of size 500.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) for (Max life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using attack type Chaos and damage type Universal."

There ya go, try it out, and watch corpse go boom! :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Very cool! :D I may use that, but I think it's brilliant (if it works ;))

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
It does work, I used it for Raze the Newlett's Corpse Explosion, which will soon morph into a targetable Corpse Explosion. (Oddly enough, setting "Targets Allowed" to Dead for targetable abilities does NOT work :\)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Got the Targetable Corpse Explosion working. Basically, it checks if the targeted point is near a corpse, and if it is, pick that corpse and use a percent of it's hit points to damage the area. And if it isn't, hide/stop/unhide the caster. It's not to hard, and very fun to use.

M

Marksman

Excellent. I was thinking of a corpse explosion in my map, this version is so much better than others i saw.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
nice job, but in diablo 2 i always found corps explosion useless, u coudl never find a corpes when u wanted to explod one...

TPOX

Reaction score
sorry for posting in a thread half a year old if im not posed to but i really need help from this. Conan never explained how to make it targetable.

Sargon

Reaction score
XXXconanXXX said:
Got the Targetable Corpse Explosion working. Basically, it checks if the targeted point is near a corpse, and if it is, pick that corpse and use a percent of it's hit points to damage the area. And if it isn't, hide/stop/unhide the caster. It's not to hard, and very fun to use.

He sort of explained it here.

TPOX

Reaction score
Got the Targetable Corpse Explosion working. Basically, it checks if the targeted point is near a corpse, and if it is, pick that corpse

how do i do that in triggers? i cant even figure where to start

D

Dante

Uhh, I can't get it to do damage. Here's the trigger I made:

Unit - Order Death Knight 0015 <gen> to damage area in 0.01 seconds of size 500.00 at (Target point of ability being cast) for (50.00 x 1.00) using attack type Chaos and damage type Universal.

What's wrong?

TPOX

Reaction score
>.< well i cant even figure out the condition for a targetable corpse. And when targetable i mean AOE target so when you cast Corpse Explosion you cast in in an area and for every corpse in the area create a dummy and cast a spell. But i cant figure out the condition for the corpses in the targeted AOE area.

TPOX

Reaction score
would this work?

Code:
Unstoppable Force Copy Copy Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Corpsetest 
        ((Target unit of ability being cast) is Dead) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Fan Of Knives

I would just now have to find an appropriate AOE spell, but im not sure if target of ability being cast will include EVERY dead unit in the area of abilitying being casted.

TPOX

Reaction score
GRRR Why wont this work? Im using Silence as the AOE spell.

Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Corpse Explosion (Neutral Hostile)
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
            Else - Actions
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

Isnt every unit within the AOE considered target unit of ability being casted?

Sargon

Reaction score
TPOX said:
Isnt every unit within the AOE considered target of ability being casted?

No. And your trigger doesn't have anything in it about exploding corpses.

TPOX

Reaction score
then what is every unit in the AOE target considered?

and the explosion is from the Dummy unit. The trigger creates a dummy on each dead corpse in the aoe target and casts the ability.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> then what is every unit in the AOE target considered?

Pick every unit in range of target point of ability being cast.
With a test on "does it have ... buff", if there is one (depends on the ability).

TPOX

Reaction score
hrm but how will it pick every dead unit in ther area, because
wont work right?

-EDIT oh ok thats right it also gets dead units

so as the action would i do
but change it to picked unit and dying unit?

Sargon

Reaction score
Use "Picked unit is dead equal to true."

TPOX

Reaction score
ok well i got this but it still doesnt work :(

Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        ((Picked unit) is Dead) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Picked unit) is Dead) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing (Position of (Picked unit))
            Else - Actions
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

I feel stupid for forgetting the grp loop tho lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.