Corrupted WC3 Screenshots

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Whenever I try to get screenshots from Warcraft, the result image is always corrupted, it is black.
Yes, pure black.
I don't think I need to give you screenshots, because all I got is black pictures.
I had to Paste it in Paint :( limiting me a lot

What should I do?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
go to the Warcraft 3 folder, then to the screenshots folder. it has all your screenshots there (assuming you use print screen :D) in tga format.

alternatively, use xfire screenshots, but they are much larger (mine are usually about 1.5mb compared to printscreen of about 300kb) but they dont cause a very long pause, and you dont have to paste them into Paint after, you can just take as many as you want and all of them will be shown in a window when you minimize/exit the game

darkRae

Reaction score
> Whenever I try to get screenshots from Warcraft, the result image is always corrupted, it is black.
> go to the Warcraft 3 folder, then to the screenshots folder. it has all your screenshots there (assuming you use print screen ) in tga format.

I was talking about those images. They are all black.

Xfire? What is that?
How to use and how big is it? Bigger than 1024 x 768 ?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Xfire is an chat program basically, but you can open it while your game window is open (by pressing Scroll Lock + X, by default), but it doesn't interrupt your game, it just opens the overlay. It's only a few megabyte in size to download.

http://www.xfire.com/

Just create a username, log in and you can add some people to your friends list, download game updates and stuff like that

For taking screenshots, just press Scroll Lock + S (by default) and there should be a click noise. When you minimize/exit, a window will open, showing thumbnails of all your screenshots. Then you can go to your Xfire folder -> screenshots to look at them (or just click the thumbnail)

Screenshot size is the same as your resolution I think

darkRae

Reaction score
I see.
Thanks, I will try it :)

EDIT: Funny, when was the last time I repped you?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.