could i attach a healing ward to the body

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
self explanatory really............

the healing ward has the animation that I would LOVE........ but i dont want to create one....... been having problems with scaling, size and spawning location.......

then it hit me..........

could i attatch a very small one to the casters body (hopefully hiding the stick but not the nice wardy aura?). His hand even i suppose, kinda like a holy symbol then.

i tried the artwork for the caster to be a healing ward....... but it created a very messy look that was large and couldnt be scaled...... ? whadday reckon?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Make a new unit and change it's mode file to that Healing Ward art, and then when you need to "attach" it to the unit, just start a repeating timer that fires every 0.01 seconds and then use the Event "Game - Timer Expires" and move the unit to your unit.

Red Beard

Reaction score
K i try it when i get home from work........... thx conan.......

L

La_Loser

Or you can use a trigger
Code:
Event: Map initilization ( or something like that )
Condition:
Actions: Special Effect - create a special effect as Healing ward attached to left hand of ( picked unit )
 or you can do wat conan said

Red Beard

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmm

unfortunately..... i fear i am unablke to use either suggestion:

La_loser........ cant do yours, i kinda explained it above but........ the healing created is too big, was more after the nimbus of the healing ward than the stick of it........ i could live with the stick as an attatchment if it was not so darn big, seems that the healing ward 'created' uses the original values and not the modified ones, nor can i seem to attach my custom art.

Conan....... your worked great....... i scaled down my model to next to nil, pathing 0 etc etc. i had to raise 80 or so the nimbus didnt run into the ground, but......... then it was nice...... until the unit turned 90 degrees and cast it again. the darn ward, was just floating there................................ (so i turn it black and hope that someone isnt too critical..)

nope. seems the nimbus of the healing ward and the 'swirling runes' that orbit the stick...... are stable colours..................... they are not an effect i couldnt find or see anything similar. (I PRAY I AM WRONG HERE AND SOMEONE CAN SAY: NO HERE IS THE ANIMATION UNDER (blah blah)).

so......... this leaves me, resigned on the matter....... really only needed the nimbus...... cant get it, have to find something else that look like its a 'healing for me bad news for you kinda look'

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.