Creating Special Effects in 3D Space

San-D

Reaction score
My question is the folowing - can I create a special effect on the terrain with 'z' offset?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
On a side note:
You can create lightning effects with Z offset.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yeah, I was about to link that. Destructibles are better and easier because you can just directly set their Z height. Use it as a platform then add the effect, and finally remove the destructible so it was like it was never there. Viola!

San-D

Reaction score
10x a bunch! I never thought about that, AND FOR A GOOD REASON. Maybe I shouldnt ask this here, and if this post gets removed, please PM me. I am specificly not good at JASS. I get the general meaning of this trigger

JASS:
function AddSpecialEffectZ takes string path, real x, real y, real z returns effect
    local destructable d = CreateDestructableZ( 'OTip', x, y, z, 0.00, 1, 0 )
    set bj_lastCreatedEffect = AddSpecialEffect( path, x, y )
    call RemoveDestructable( d )
    set d = null
    return bj_lastCreatedEffect
endfunction

But I dont get it all. Now lets say I want a FAR SEER Projectile effect to appear with 300 offset of a target unit of an ability on X, 300 on Y and 300 on Z. I need to change
-(line1) what does "OTip" thingy mean, do i have to chnge 'x', 'y' and 'z' to some numbers, or do I leave tehm there
-(line2) same question for 'x' and 'y', I suppose path means the path of the effect... MAYBE!
- HOW DO I attach it to a unit, I think that is another question... nevermind

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
'OTip' is the raw code for the ability or unit or whatever that this variable is using. You can see the raw codes by opening Object Editor, finding the unit/destructible/ability/whatever that you want to use, and the press ctrl+d on your keyboard. Press ctrl+d again, to switch back.

x,y and z are, I believe, coordinates. Meaning where you want to create this destructible. If you want to set this to a certain unit, you need to know at what coordinates the unit currently is. -How you find that out, I don't know. :p

San-D

Reaction score
I Think 'OTip' is not anything you just said, its in the invisible platform line, so it has something to do with it.... ooooooor it, realy is what you said. 10X AGAIN, anyone with bright ideas how to attach it to units co-ordinates - here I am!

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
to units coordinates? i think there is alread a function like attach special effect to <body part> of unit?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.