Creeps Unite!

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Report :
-Forest Giant is too imba; he won at lv9, in -hm
-Forest giant's agi reduction is not 0.4. I swear! At lv 4 he has 19 agi, which is the amount of lv1. At lv 5 his agi downgraded by 1 to 18. So it's not 0.4
-Forest giant's initial skill has a typo; it said that (Goliath...) I think his name isn't goliath.
-Again, Forest giant's boulder bomb is weird. It deals damage over time so it's not so natural. Units enter the AoE, then it receive damage too.
-It said that each str adds 0.05 hp regen, and each int adds 0.05 mana regen.
>If it's true, it's imba with the initial regen
>Or it's a typo?
The items are too strong. Creeps bow upon items.(except the basic items)

Suggestion :
-Try to make the movement speed varies.
-Upgrade the creeps? (add another mode)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> -Forest Giant is too imba; he won at lv9, in -hm

Imba in what way?

> -Forest giant's agi reduction is not 0.4. I swear! At lv 4 he has 19 agi, which is the amount of lv1. At lv 5 his agi downgraded by 1 to 18. So it's not 0.4
> -Forest giant's initial skill has a typo; it said that (Goliath...) I think his name isn't goliath.

I forgot to update that initial skill :eek:

> >If it's true, it's imba with the initial regen

Imba? In what way?

> >Or it's a typo?

I'll check.

> The items are too strong. Creeps bow upon items.

I've been thinking of a good way to buff the creeps, but I can't think of one.
Maybe I'll change the Armor type to Hero? For all Dark Portal creeps?

btw, Creeps will die to items, obviously.
But they has some use when they are used together with Heroes (like Items, they are attached to the Heroes)
Example, Sniper with 300-500 damage and 1800 range can harass enemy Heroes very easily.
And Ninja with its 50 dps Poison, 65% Evasion and 50% movement reduction Slow Poison, very useful.
Then again, not all creeps are useful (this is a hint) :D

I played with waaaks! and he managed to take full advantage of Titanus (sneak attack in my base)
^spoiler

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I think you were testing and waaaks! was playing :D :)

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
> > -Imba in what way?

He can take a tower alone, since his hp is really gigantic, and his ulti is very hurting the tower. 1 hit --> deals 150-250 dmg to tower at lv8

> >If it's true, it's imba with the initial regen

Here. If each str adds only 0.05 hp regen, the initial hp regen is really big (you said it that the hp/mana regen is really fast)
So, 0.05 each point is too small compared to the initial regen.

> > I've been thinking of a good way to buff the creeps, but I can't think of one.
Maybe I'll change the Armor type to Hero? For all Dark Portal creeps?

btw, Creeps will die to items, obviously.
But they has some use when they are used together with Heroes (like Items, they are attached to the Heroes)
Example, Sniper with 300-500 damage and 1800 range can harass enemy Heroes very easily.
And Ninja with its 50 dps Poison, 65% Evasion and 50% movement reduction Slow Poison, very useful.
Then again, not all creeps are useful (this is a hint)

I mean not the dark portal creeps. The ground creeps.
BTW, items are really cheap. 1 item = 1 mercenary, but items = last forever, most of mercenaries = can be killed.

The Crippling fang only costs you 950 gold.

And there are 2 mighty items that won't costs you much :
-Drenzel : Get rid of creeps when you are attacking a hero! And your creeps will survive, and they help you in beating down a hero! Cost only: 1200(gold) + 300(1 wood --> 300 gold)
-Naga's fin (forgot the name) : Grants you evasion and damage(and other effects). Cost : 1400(gold) + 300(1 wood --> 300 gold)

Titanus is the greatest mercenary ever seen! He deals 50 damage. If he replicate himself, he deals 500 damage! And heroes can't escape! have you thought of this? Moreover, he can't die, cost only 2100 gold (compared with alpha thunder and chameleon, he is god)

Ninja : I won't buy him. 3 ninjas +- same with the item that can freeze an enemy (again, forget the name). Same slow, can cast a deadly ability, +15 damage. Ninjas only has the slow poison to survive, thus only last a few seconds to a hero. Really good at chasing, but if your hero use this item, he has +15 dmg and a great skill, making Ninjas can't act because your hero is the one who got chased.

Sniper : yes, he's great but maybe add his movement speed? he is really can be killed out.

Tornado : really great if you can play him in a lane, and your hero vs your enemy at the other lane.
After 15 hits, your enemy hero is dead...

Yes, I see that some mercenaries are good, but almost all of the items are good.

Protest : The demon is waay too weak. You only can spawn him once with that expensive item, but he lost to Titanus.

darkRae

Reaction score
@Giant's issue :

Then how will I fix it?
btw His main weakness is having no chasing ability, plus his big size.
And how come you can destroy the tower alone, without being kicked by the enemy Hero?

@Regen's issue :

You mean you think 0.05 is imba against 2.00?
Or you mean you want more HP regen per str?
I actually really like balanced Heroes.
This way, STR Heroes will have more HP than INT Heroes, but they'll regen nearly as fast.
The same with Mana.

@Crippling Fang :

That item is conditional and still on its first stage.
By conditional I mean 26 movespeed reduction per second is not much, really.
It takes you 5 seconds to reduce the speed by 100++, which by then you can catch up with the enemy.
But that means you have to constantly attack the enemy for 5 seconds.
In 5 seconds, enemy Hero can use his spells against you (probably Stun you and stop the whole slowing effect)
(after the buff is lost your movespeed is restored)

@Infernal Demon

True, it is weaker than Titanus.
But you still have the item, right?
2300 gold 1 lumber for extra Mana Regen, Intelligence, and 35% spell resistance (gay skill) PLUS 1 immortal monster to harass your base/barracks is just....... too great.

@the whole items vs creeps issue

AAAAAAAAAA.... (screams in pain/confusion ><)
Now I'm really confused as how to balance this issue.
T_T
Let me think of a good way (probably takes days, or weeks)
At the mean time, use what you think is good (being in creeps' side doesn't mean you can't buy the items)
And usually the 1st 2 towers are quickly destroyed, so you can gain access to the merchant.

Planned buff for creeps :
- change the armor to Hero
- reduce in price

@normal melee creeps
Actually, when they're upgraded (barracks is destroyed) they are quite strong.
Exceptions for Heroes with splash attack (which can be bought)

Well, at least I'm grateful that this thread isn't dead :D

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Hwee, I prefer that I could tank out a hero for 2 times w/o returning to base better than running again and again... and lost exp... But the big body is really good reason.
(actually I played this game alone)

@Crippling Fang :
Nah, I really thought than slowing effect is only working at 'chasing', which is very likely did when your enemy is escaping. Escaping means he has no more will to fight, thus means low hp, low mana or scared.

Low Hp : 1-2 blows will do kill the unit.
Low mana : can't cast the skill you mention
Scared : Usually, you are scared if the level gap is different, so this item's really useful.

@Infernal Demon
I don't see the magic reistance. I see now.

@the whole items vs creeps issue
Nah, that's it! everyone will rush to the item shop!
... you should... raise the item price so the forest creeps can buy mercenaries, break in the 1st tower with it, and finally buy items. In return, the alliance can gain enough money to buy good items first so they can push back, the forest creeps can gain more money to buy items/great creeps, and push back again...

(Maybe it sounds like a plan? Or it's imba?)

@normal melee creeps
Yeah! I forget to mention that suicidal units are USELESS! I can't use them well, at least

@Regen's issue :
Yep. 0.05 per str is imba against the initial hp regen. I feel like the initial is about 2-3... which means you have no use to have such great str (for regen).
60 str = 3 hp regen, the initial hp regen.

And int and agi heroes won't reach 60 str so easily, but they have the 3 initial, so they have almost same hp regen.

Moreover; agi heroes are in the lucky place. (if I'm not wrong, 1 agi = 0.2 armor, armor constant = 0.05)
Am I right?

darkRae

Reaction score
@Crippling Fang

The idea is to have a very long battle, so the buff stay longer and its movespeed is really low, then you can kill it really easily.
(it is possible to make a unit has 0 movespeed)
Anyway, it is still in its first stage, and I didn't have a good price to start with anyway.

@the whole items vs creeps issue's solution

Seems confusing to me o_O

@Suicidal Units

The 200g one is useful when you caught a tower without a Hero guarding it. 200g to deal more than half a tower's HP is useful late game, if you manage to slip it in.
The 800g one in my opinion is useless and a waste of money.
It's probably only useful as scouting and ambushing an escaping enemy.
(yeah, but you spent 800g on it and get 300++ gold in return, still a waste)
I'll consider remaking it to a Burrowing unit (I just need an idea)

@attributes issue

Armor doesn't stand a chance against Spells. HP does.

In this map,
STR means HP
AGI means attack speed
INT means Mana

All Heroes start with great regeneration and armor already, so in this map you "enlarge the capacity rather than the filling system"

As for the attack speed, I'm planning in reducing all unit's Backswing by 0.100, allowing them to attack slightly faster at the cost of bad animation T_T

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Hmm... sounds pretty smart answers you have there.
The 200g suicidal unit won't slip in easily. I never manage to.

The only use for the 800g suicidal unit is to crush the last tower. They can deals 1000 damage to crush it fast.

Does agi heroes has very low hp? I think not. And, this is it! They has great hp regen too. So, stop for a while, their hp are full while the int heroes are busy enough to keep him with normal attacks.

Btw, giving dreadlord's pendant to agi heroes are... scary if a spell can't wipe them out at once. And the price's only 1800 if I'm not wrong... better you think of it...

darkRae

Reaction score
It's only 1000g :p
I'll reconsider reducing the lifesteal percentage.

So things I need to do are :
-- change Dark Portal creeps' armor to Hero
-- lower the price for Dark Portal creeps
-- lower the lifesteal % of Dreadlord's Pendant
-- consider making Dreadlord's Pendant more expensive
-- consider remaking Demo Beetle
-- think of a way to solve the "items vs creeps" issue
and-- nerf Drenzel by raising its duration

darkRae

Reaction score
Left, apparently :p

School + DotA + Lazyness == [del]OWNAGE[/del] no development :(

FhelZone

Reaction score
Ah, at last I found your thread. I think there will be a tiny delay on your review, I still need the site list to be done. Hope I finish it soon.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Uhm, just wait up, I need to collect some data about your map. It took me some times to make those website lists XD

FhelZone

Reaction score
By the way, could you do a quick edit. I just want the viewers to at least see a nice loading screen XD You might want to check out my ready to use loading screens.

darkRae

Reaction score
Nope, that's the loading screen for that, and I won't change it XD
Loading Screen won't count much, will it?

FhelZone

Reaction score
Hey you missed a qualification named "Protected" XD Oh well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.