Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Crossbowmen​

crossbowmenpicgm0.jpg

What is it?

- A new map, 100% created by your one and only Tinki3.
- A shooter-style map.
- With custom models, the best spells, incredible gameplay and graphics, etc.
- Quality.

What happens in the map?

- You and your team must use your awesome crossbow dude to fire many
different available types of projectiles at oncoming waves of enemies.
- It's basically a TD (Tower Defense), but you are basically a moving tower
that can choose what it fires at enemies.
- You actually have to physically press the "shoot" button to fire, none of
this auto-attack stuff anymore, let's see some pure skill.
- Just like in TD's, if your lives reach 0, you lose.
- And if you beat the last level, congratz, you've won.
- There will be powerups, items and such to help you along the way.

Completed Features

- Unique "drop-and-spawn" system.
- Tidy, lush terrain.
- Ability-Hotkey-Changing system.
- Unique Boss AI.
- More to come...

Progress so far?

- Early stages of map development.
- (Any ideas/feedback are/is appreciated).
- There is only 1 lane, but it's quite lengthy, so it's sort of like 2 lanes.
- The map is very wide, not so thick (quite like the screenshot, above).
- Imported some custom models to enhance that gameplay.
- Many more to come (I hope).
- Terrain = 100% done.

Got a release date?

- 2-3 weeks?
- End of the month?
- I'm not sure.
- Let's see how it goes.
- It should be fun, anyway.
- I'll keep this thread up-to-date with stuff, so stay tuned.

Screenshot Gallery:
Minimap-preview image.
crossbowmenzj0.jpg
Entire map. The one lane is the sandy path. The shooters are free to move around in the green area near the bottom, and can't leave that area.
crossbowmenpic2entiremasj2.jpg
Left-hand side of the map.
crossbowmanleftsidews2.jpg
Right-hand side of the map.
crossbowmanrightsidewh5.jpg
Left-hand side of the map, angled
crossbowmenscreenyvr5.jpg

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You have piqued my interest.
I'll be keeping an eye on this. :D

punwisp

Reaction score
This game will prob be fun, but for some people it would be real hard, mainly because if people use a older mouse(with the rubber ball) it can greatly decrease your speed. maybe auto attacks with a basic attack? then spells that are stronger and such?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> maybe auto attacks with a basic attack?

No, auto-attack will be basically completely abolished in this map :p.
The only "auto" thing(s) will/might be a modified phoenix fire ability or something.

> I'll be keeping an eye on this

Glad to hear so :)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> if people use a older mouse(with the rubber ball) it can greatly decrease your speed.

Does it? I'm using a mouse with a ball and it's fast.

How does this 'Shoot' ability work?
Like a no-target straight-forward-moving-damaging Arrow or something? :)
(no-target Elune's Arrow :D)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Team?

Will there be AI?
I like AI. :D

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> How does this 'Shoot' ability work?

I was speaking in-general at the time.
Your hero will be able to choose from many different abilities that shoot different
projectiles and have different effects. Speed, power, range will vary, etc.

You'll be able to purchase these abilities/projectiles from a nearby shop.
A complex dialog system could help when player's hero's are awarded new ones.
(The dialog(s) would let people choose what ability stays, and goes, for example).

The abilities in-general will be either a point target, or AoE target.
I'm itching to start making them :).

> Team?

5 players, all on the same team.
Fight off those hostiles as one source.

> Will there be AI?

Hmm.
I don't think there will be enough space for AI.
The map is pretty small, and the hostiles are limited to 1 lane.
Quite crowded.

So the only AI I can think of, that they'd have, is the simple, spawn,
run, and possibly bump into each other along the path they are assigned to.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well. I should have specified. :p

I meant, will there be any AI that will put other shooters on your team?
That would be nice. To be able to play with a full house - by yourself.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> I meant, will there be any AI that will put other shooters on your team?

I thought you were talking about the hostile team :p.
But that is a brilliant idea Ghan, thanks for sharing/suggesting it.
It will definately be taken into consideration for the map.

So, yes, there will most likely be AI that will put other shooters on your team.
It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish IMO.

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
(Any ideas/feedback are/is appreciated).

Skill-dependent bouncing attack: point target attack w/ very small AoE for full damage and larger AoE for half damage. If full damage is dealt, then attack will bounce to new target. (I.e. Only if the player aims carefully will the attack be able to bounce.)

Aim-based Critical Strike: just like above, critical hits occur only in very small AoE.

Timed exploding bolt: shoots a bolt into the ground w/ a time-delayed exploding device attached. So players need to aim in front of the targets to deal full damage. But the catch is that the timer starts when the projectile leaves the crossbow (so the farther the projectile travels before hitting the ground, the longer it is in the air, and the less the time-delay on the ground. You could even make them explode in mid-air if you want.)

Multishot (not barrage-based): like my "Split Spear" spell where spread angle depends on mouse click distance.

Blocking Bolts: when shot into the ground, some kind of temporary pathing obstruction is create. This is used to make the lane narrower and funnel the creeps.

Bait Bolts: Spawns something on the ground that makes creeps attack it, thus stalling them for a short while.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Well, I'm hoping this will be finished soon. My projects will have a major delays. My computer will be confiscated for my low grades :(
But anyway good luck, I will be playing in computer shops
If my computer will be confiscated, so I will have a handicap
in finishing my games. So maybe I could play yours :D

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Incase you want wep ideas

Instant Shot - A weapon developed by the dwarves, found it on a corpse, altho theres only one shot left on this one, the bullet traves at a blink of an eye. Deals major damage to whatever it first collides with, deals major damage, has a hit circle thats smaller then a regular crossbow bolt,travels instantly. (if possible, make the grunt hold a rifleman rifle when casting this skill, then allow him to fire it and trow it away) (this skill can only be used one time, then you have to buy it again, this skill has a long cooldown and after the shot the crossbowman will suffer from a movement speed decrese from trying to recover from recoil)

Rubber bolt - A new technology from goblins, the rubber ball, we found if we attach it to our bolts, we can make it bounce off the ground and walls / objects (this includes units). The bolt will last untill it runs out of speed, the bolt will deal damage based on its speed, and the speed will also determen its jump hight, the bolt cannot damage anything while in the air. The bolt's starting speed is 2000, every second it will slow by 200 and every hit will slow it by an aditonal 100. (the damage is roughtly speed/10)

Narita Rocket - This came though the demonic portal, we do not know how it got there... all we know is that after launch, we can controle the missle's direction. (On launch, the crossbow man will be paused and the missle will fly forward, issue the missle movement orders to change its direction, the missle lasts for 5 seconds, if it dosent hit anything, it will blow up dealing damage to everything around it, if it hits the missle will deal major damage to the target and will also deal damg to everything around it) (this is a refrence to the MGS searies)

Corpse launcher - Launches a corpse, if the corpse hits anything, it will deal damage to whatever it hits like a regular missle. Where the missle hit will spawn a corpse, the target will also be slowed with the buff "drenched with blood" <This unit is drenched with blood and will move slower>.

Pages of the dead - a crossbow bolt thats wrapped with pages from the book of the dead, if shot at a corpse, the corpse will reanimate, if shot at a unit it will deal minor damage, but if it kills the unit, the unit will reanimate

Auto fire - Channeling - Fires crossbow bolts in a cone shape (15 degres variation) every .05 seconds for 1 second.

hmmm since the creeps loop, will the trees in the middle get in the way of shots? if it dose i suggest looping the green area for the crossbow men too, cuz itll be too hard to shoot anything untill it reaches the turn, if not then its fine

good luck on your map, i was thinking of makeing something like this after playing link's crossbow training, but instead of playing it like that, you can shoot anywhere on screen and itll come instantly, might as well post it lol

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Are the Crossbow dudes Heroes?
If so, you could make some "Classes", for example "Sniper", giving him abilities like "Zoom" or, "Rapid-Fire"... Well I think you get what I mean =)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun idea, I have to try it once it's released

Got a suggestion for an bolt type (if not already suggested)

Impaling Bolt
(no story to how this bolt came about for now)
This bolt has a 25% chance to pierce an enemy on impact, allowing it to hit an enemy behind it for 3/4 of the previous hit's damage. Every unit that is pierced reduces the chance to pierce by 1/2. Units who are killed on 2nd (or 3rd, 4th etc) won't have the pierce chance reducedbut the damage is still reduced to 3/4 of previous hit. Units killed on the first hit will have 50% chance to be pierced

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.