Crysis or Quake 4?

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Which one should I get?

EDIT: Wondering if Crysis has a ''creepy'' feel to it, like doom 3 and quake 4 seem to have...

Reaction score
Crysis would be my answer.. IF you have good computer enough. It doesn't look nice, if you can't set Shaders and Shadows greater than 'Low', without dropping FPS down to zero.

I don't know how good computer Quake 4 requires.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Crysis isn't bad apart from the insane system req (I'm -BARELY- able to play it, even at low settings) and the fact that the alien part of the game aren't half as fun as the Korean part (which means you have 3 or 4 big, yet crappy, levels) :p Even though it can be fun to use aliens as a meat shield, if you can grab them...

As regards being creepy.. I don't remember anything creepy (been a while since I last played though)

Never played Quake 4 so I don't know much about it

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Quake 4 was pretty interesting, but seemed too short in my opinion. Had some hard times, but finished it pretty quick at normal. No idea how Crysis is. And btw, Quake 4 has pretty loq req, IMO, my 2-years old computer played it pretty good.

muchalive

Reaction score
crysis

i would choose crysis. the storyline is awsome and there were some parts that were indeed a little creepy. like the part that your inside the mountain with the aliens.

the game is prity intense if you put the game in hard mode, so thats a good :thup::thup: 2 thumbs up. if the action doesnt make you keep on going the the storyline will. the storyline is like if it has been written by a nomunated auther.:)

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I'd go with Quake...but get Quake Wars instead..

Crysis is good...but it gets old.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
crysis is really nice, but when you have completet the campaign you dont wanna play it anymore..

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
crysis is really nice, but when you have completet the campaign you dont wanna play it anymore..

Thats exactly what I meant by get old :p

>Looks awesome but is there even a single player? If so, how is it?

I'm not sure myself...I don't have it. But I have friends that play it 24/7..that has to tell you something.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Looks awesome but is there even a single player? If so, how is it?

The Quake Wars single-player is just bot matches, but they are (reasonably) good, and you can adjust their skill when it comes to combat and objectives as well, which is a pretty nice touch. As far as I know, you can only get 8v8 in singleplayer (not sure about multiplayer, haven't been online with QW in a while)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.