Custom AI, something I've missed?

Heresme

Reaction score
So I'm making a custom map with custom units, and in one particular situation there's just meant to be a worker making things on their own (a sort of makeshift defence).

So I've imported the AI through the import manager, gone and had a trigger that says

Event
Time elapsed 1:00 second
Action
AI - Start campagin/melee AI Script for Player 1: war3mapImported\Custom.ai

What's meant to happen is the little elf worker chap is meant to hurry about building a tower and so on, but all he does is stand there. I can't figure out why. The tower he's meant to build has no cost anda building time of 10 seconds. Other than only having 40 health and no abilities its just a normal scout tower. The worker is a Blood Elf Worker who has no changes other than 0 food cost and 100 health, and that he is a Town Hall.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

merlinds

Reaction score
IF you can upload, the map and the AI. Maybe i can make it work, and the upload it working and explain it to you. :p

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I believe importing ai from another map wont work because the AI is done through specific units that are already in the map, you would need to import all of your game into that map and move the placement of the units that it affects if i am correct... : (

Heresme

Reaction score
This might sound like a silly question,
But where would I be uploading the map to?
The Helper website?

Edit: Also, rather than start an entirely new topic, I thought I'd throw out what feels like a simple question.
How do I set it so units will chase indefinitely? I appear to have forgotten where that is...

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Or
Trigger:
  • AI - Ignore the guard positions of all Player 1 (Red) units

And yes, you would upload to this thread. If you go to advanced post, instead of quick post, you can "manage attachments" and you can upload any files

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.