Custom Forums?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
They have a whole site up to help you dude

http://simplemachines.org/

If you have a specific question ask it but don't expect a tutorial and if you want one you need to post a request for it in a new thread.

Reaction score
do i need to sign up to post in the forum? anwaysi cant find anything in the site but maybe the fourm

Reaction score
yeah, sorry but i couldnt find anything, hust how to save it and restore it and how to switch hosts, ok i need a place where i can host it on.

M

Mereghost

On a complete different direction, there's Community Server.

It's a free (with some features disabled of course) community support service based on Microsoft ASP.NET.

For a view of it working just take a look on ASP.NET Webpage or follow the links on the CS main site.

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have a host and a domain, but its not a server host(way too expensive).

If only I could put that 500 gigs a month of bandwidth to good use, my family isn't using it yet.

I would but i've discovered making websites with frontpage can be really time consuming. Really time consuming. Really.

I also have Frontpage and all of the Macromedia programs, could that be helpful with the forum building. Why I ahev macromedia programs and don't use, well it was just a oppurtunity I couldn't pass up :D

PS.(Again) How do I isntall simple machines, the installer came up as a Dreamweaver file and just opens a blank webpage.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
MrApples said:
PS.(Again) How do I isntall simple machines, the installer came up as a Dreamweaver file and just opens a blank webpage.

Want me to do it? :)

Z

Zero R.

All I did was upload all the files in my trusty cPanel, then open install.php.

cPanel = <3

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
MrApples said:
That wasn't meant to be sarcastic by any chance was it?

No, I was offering to install it for you :)

Zero R. said:
All I did was upload all the files in my trusty cPanel, then open install.php.

cPanel = <3

cPanel = For people that dont know how to do it normally :D

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So, what free server service would be best?

If it matters I do have a website host and domain, along with macromedia programs and microsoft frontpage as I said before.

P

Persen

I could host you if you'd like. Just PM me.

EDIT: Oh... I didn't see you already got a host... Thought that a host was your problem... Sorry...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.