Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

Reaction score
Lol, a handful of them are imported as you would know by now :p But mostly they're for the items.

Looking forward to see how it turns out :D (No pressure intended xD)

FuegoFro

Reaction score
So, in that schedule, I sorta forgot about Valentines day... so I wasn't able to get much work done today :p
However, I have just finished a major part, and will DEFINITELY (I mean it this time :D) have it ready by Tuesday.

Also, while renaming img files for the site, I noticed a couple of mistakes/inconsistencies in some tooltips:

The item "Kanbei"s War Sabre" has a quotation mark instead of an apostrophe

In the Intelligence Heroes 2 selection tavern, the second word in "Wind rider" is not capitalized

The some of the hotkeys are different from the rest, either left over from a previous version or a mistake. The affected heroes are:
  • Ranger
  • Tinker
  • Alchemist
I would suggest having the hotkeys relate to the position in the tavern, like the summoning shrines. I know that is a fair amount of work, (not just to redo it, but to change it if a hero is added or subtracted) and to be honest its not really high priority, but just a nit-picky suggestion :)

Edit: Just curious, where did you get those imported icons from?

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, will fix those errors.

As for clans, there is the one on US West (Lordaeron) that I run which is "Clan CHLW". Other than that, I don't know of any others specifically for CHLW, there used to be one on US East, but I think they had some internal conflict and it got disbanded or something, and I also believe there's one for all custom hero maps "Clan CHA" on Europe, but I'm not sure if they're still around either.

FuegoFro

Reaction score
Wiki!!!

Whew, FINISHED setting up the WIKI!!! :D:D:D
So what I have now, as you'll see when you visit, is all of the navigation and selection pages set up. I have not actually created any pages for heroes, abilities, or items. I made templates to do so, which can be accessed from the Content Creation page (there's a link to it on the bottom of the home page).
Anyway, take a look around, tell me what you think. If you see any typos/errors leave a comment on the page or here. (I think) Anyone can comment, but (I know) you have to get an account and get approval to edit before you can make changes.
Once you have done that, if you want to create a page for something (hero, ability, item) just find it in one of its various locations and click on it, then, making sure you can see "More Options," click the radio button for "Use Template" and select the type of template you need from the drop down list. Then click "Create New Page" without changing anything in the "Name" section. After that, just note that you have to save (bottom left) a new page in the editor before it is actually created.

here's the site, enjoy!
http://customherolinewars.pbworks.com/

Reaction score
Just took a look at the page, looks nice just waiting to get access from you so I can add content. Just a query though, is it possible to move the side bar to the left? It just feels a little awkward to me to have it on the right side, if you can't no biggie, I'll deal with it :p

About your question on where I got the icons from which i forgot to answer in my last post, I mostly got them from TheHiveWorkshop, formerly known as wc3sear.ch (if I'm not mistaken) and a couple I got some friends to do quick edits which I couldn't find and felt were needed.

I'll add the wiki link to the first post, and may as well change the in game "advertising" I s'pose.

FuegoFro

Reaction score
Mkay, gave you access as administrator, so you can do pretty much whatever you want :) hope you like it.

Reaction score
Filled in some data on abilities from the AoE shop and the miscellaneous shop. Will do more abilities later, but probably going to add some basic stuff that come to mind first.

FuegoFro

Reaction score
Awesome, the pages look good :)

I just redid some navigation (the 3 links on the first page now go to the by-shop selection rather than the list of everything) I also redid the lightning names (links and files) because I realized I spelled lightning wrong :banghead:

In answer to your previous query, I don't think the sidebar is movable. You can get rid of it by clicking the little arrow on the right hand side of the page, but I think its built into the site by pbworks. However, you have the same amount of access and power on the site as I do, so if you can find a way to do it, power to you :thup:

Reaction score
Ya, I don't think you can move it either, but I got used to it anyway, so it's fine now lol

And I noticed your typo on lightning :p

Also I "think" we might need more icons extracted, but not for a while... Just check the to-do list to see what else we need if you want to pull them out.

FuegoFro

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that about the creep and shrine spells. Ummm, it would be a lot easier to extract if I had the map (or at least the war3mapunits.doo part of it) because, to be honest, the hardest part about setting up the wiki was figuring out how blizzard named the icons and how they were used in the original game. Once you know what the name of the icon is, it is really easy to extract, but if you don't know you have to look through a folder of just over 1000 pictures to find the one you're looking for.

On the other hand, I would totally understand if you don't want to distribute (even to one person) either of those files because it then becomes possible to hack the map. (its actually possible as it is, just takes a tiny bit of skill and persistence :D)

In my opinion, the screen caps are a good idea, but lower priority than getting the rest of the data up on the site. If I were new to CHLW and looking for info, it would be more useful to have a basic gameplay and strategy guide rather than screens of the abilities. But I do agree that it is a good idea :thup:

EDIT: nevermind, I was able to deprotect it enough to get access to the units in the world editor. I should be able to upload and created selection pages for the spell vault and the summoners soon (similar to what I did for heroes, abilities, and items).

EDIT 2: They're all extracted. It went really quick, I'll get them up as soon as I have the information I need (see next post).

FuegoFro

Reaction score
While I was collecting the icons for the creep, I ran into some interesting stuff. There are a couple that have two names: The tooltip is different from the actual name. I need to know which is the intended name for these:

Spider Crab Behemoth just says "Spider Crab"

Dark Shadow Priest says "Dark Troll Shadow Priest"

Forest Shadow Priest says "Forest Troll Shadow Priest"

Dark Hunter says "Unbroken Dark Hunter"

Dranei Harbinger just says "Harbinger"

Edit: Also, if the Harbinger does have "Dranei" in front of it, shouldn't it be spelled "Draenei" like the lvl1 creep?

Reaction score
FINALLY got all the abilities done, you probably want to clean up after me fixing up the formatting or whatever it is you're doing, since the changes say "formatting differences only".

Will finish up with the shrine spell data, and will do the summon pages and data when I get around to it.. I have to write a 20~ page report before march so I might not be able to work on it as much, but I'll probably procrastinate away from it and work on this instead lol.

Since you have the object data I'll leave the item pages to you :p shouldn't be too hard but the ability data might be a bit hard to follow.

For the naming just go with the full names except for the spider crab, sounds kinda dodgy lol. So Spide Crab, Dark Troll Shadow Priest, Forest Troll Shadow Priest, Unbroken Dark Hunter and Draenei Harbinger. I will change it accordingly on the map.

Also I submitted the URL onto the google crawler, so maybe sooner or later the wiki will come up as a hit on google if people search it.

Thanks for all your effort btw :)

innocenz.ii

Reaction score
Hm the wiki looks nice. :) Good work!
I just requested access to it.
Think it would be a nice idea to add some pics showing the effect of the skills (as mentioned on the page somewhere at the end)
I would be proud to make some screens/pics.
But im not that skilled in html bec i did it only one time before and im only 17 so there might be a problem (I think i would be able to add an image but not an whole page)... :thup:
maybe i do the screens this weekend but there is some other work still awaiting my attention ;)

FuegoFro

Reaction score
Thanks for the names :)
The abilities look great!!! I was just adding links to the shops in the "Found In" part.

Don't worry about filling it in quickly, there's plenty of time :D. I'll see if I can't fill in some items. I should be able to...

Innocenz, don't worry too much about the html. If you need a special link or something, just tell me and I'll fix it for you (and at the same time tell you how to do it, so you can do it too :D)

EDIT: Baka, I found another possible name error: There is a hero called Assasin, but should it be called Assassin (two S's the second part)?

Reaction score
You don't really need to no html lol The editor is fairly intuitive so you could probably figure it out as you go.

Just fix my typos as you go and let me know about them so I can fix them :rolleyes: I found a lot of errors when I was putting the ability data in. :p

Also ignore the comment from crazzzy duck on his access request email lol He's a good friend of mine and has been playing CHLW for a long time. I also believe he dabbles in web design so he could probably help you out in that department if you need it.

Juffy

Reaction score
hi i don't mean to interrupt but your 'clan chlw' on west always says 'Channel is restricted' is it a private clan that only certain people may join?
thanks

Reaction score
It just means that no one is in the channel. Not many people in the clan are active, so you'd be lucky to get in to the channel.

Juffy

Reaction score
Ah I see what you mean i just got in today and saw Crazzzy_Duck there but as luck had it he left the channel just as I got in :( well thanks anyway i'll try often and see if i'm lucky :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.