Damage Aura - help

E

eXs

Hello, i will make aura, which attacks nearby enemies for x damage(and 9 levels, hero skill).
This aura will be attacks enemy with no condition, not returns damage(thorns aura/spiked carapace/etc..)...

I gues this I make with trigger... but with triggers I completely low...
any suggestions?

E

eXs

not building, only enemies - units
I will this aura passive... not immolation... but when change to 0 mana... this is niceidea, thx for ths and link :)

istar

Reaction score
permanent immolation IS a passive
and the building damage aura, like the link said, can be changed to affect units

E

eXs

Ok,l make with permament immolation/immolation... but new question: when I add/change some graphics of aura, this not working :< what's wrong?
Where I change graphics to I see graphics aura on hero, when on immolate/learn a immolate aura(permament immolate) ?
I change in a Graphic - destination, graphic - efect, and premies for skills.... and still not working, on this 2 immolates I testing.... :<

p.s: how to I chagne an negative values any values? in obiects editor min value is 0.00...

//E: I used neutral type 1, but I look at your way :)

istar

Reaction score
i had taken a look, which permanent immolation you using? theres 3 versions
but actually, it matters not
for neutral hostile 2 type, all you need is to change the buff
go to the buff section, and edit, theres one on the user, another on the affected

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
For negative values, shift + doubleclick the field that you want to change. You will have to allow negative values through the Preferences first I believe.

But yeah, just use permanent immolation and change the buff and target/caster art, etc. Also, permanent immolation is NOT levelable, so you will need to base the learned hero skill of off channel and make sure the icon is not visible. Then trigger it so that when the hero learns your channel ability, remove all other levels of perma immo, and add the appropriate one to the hero.

E

eXs

Hmmm, in normal hero with model w3, working all Ok,
in hero with another model, imported not visible any efefcts of auras.... but is ok, impotant to generally skill working :D
thanks for help all guys :)

//E: Oh, not levelable... fact :< but I so use nrmal immolation....

Curo

Reaction score
hero with another model, imported not visible any efefcts of auras....

Probably because the model was not designed with attachment points, or at least no origin attachment point.

istar

Reaction score
"//E: Oh, not levelable... fact :< but I so use nrmal immolation...."
it is levelable, just check the box is hero ability

E

eXs

"//E: Oh, not levelable... fact :< but I so use nrmal immolation...."
it is levelable, just check the box is hero ability

I make this, and lvling this skill in game to 9lvl(max of skill in my map) and... dealing a same damage which 1lvl(10dmg/sec).... in split of that should deals 90dmg/sec...

istar

Reaction score
its a bug, you need to make a trigger to pause/unpause the unit to refresh its ability
event unit learns ability
condition ability is p immolate
action pause unit
unpause unit
its a wc3 bug, blame them!

Curo

Reaction score
its a bug, you need to make a trigger to pause/unpause the unit to refresh its ability
event unit learns ability
condition ability is p immolate
action pause unit
unpause unit
its a wc3 bug, blame them!

Hmm I didn't know the pause/unpause worked. Thought you had to add/remove the ability as I had suggested.

Kelvin87

Reaction score
Use the custom script as below in the Action, the Event is A Unit Learned an ability, the Condition is Learned Hero Skill is your Aura.

call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), 'A001', true )

where, A001 change it to your aura ability id. (How to check the id? Answ: You can go to object editor then ctrl + d will be able to check)

The Pause,Unpause system pls avoid to use it because it will interupt your gameplay when learning the spell. For example, when you level up and definitely you will learn an ability for your hero. At that time you are channeling or moving or performing some actions, it will be interupted like a minor stun effect.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
If you want to make a damage aura, Permanent Immolation is the way to go. It's passive and deals X damage per second to all enemy units in an area. You can modify the art and buffs to the desired effects as well. I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread but I didn't feel like reading everything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.