Damage reduction - custom attributes

masda70

Reaction score
WC3 Armor types have been replaced with attributes (Light, Biological, Mechanical, etc) in SC2. Does anyone how to add custom attributes, or modify existing ones (their names for example). I only know how to change attribute damage factor/bonus for a given damage effect. I hope we are not limited to a given number of attributes just like we were with armor types in WC3.

krainert

Reaction score
I've got nothing to back this up, but playing around with the various data classes, I found that pretty much everything engine-unrelated in SC2 is based on editable objects - and as Attributes appear to be a subclass of Behaviors, try looking through those (possibly under Neutral) and see if you can find the classifications. My guess is that the engine/editor supports an arbitrary amount of custom Attributes attached to units and reacted upon for damage modifications and whatnot for the attacking object.

masda70

Reaction score
The Text module works for changing attribute names.
I haven't found anything under Behaviours though.

Reaction score
I found texts like "Biological" and I changed it to "Attacker" to see if it worked. But I didn't notice any difference.

How does it work? =o

There are many Biolological fields. Five in my screen. I suppose one of them is linked to the actual display in the unit. What they represent is dictated in the ID field. I am afraid you will have to change all five of them until you get the one you want. (=

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.