Damaging Force Field

stavious

Reaction score
If I want a unit to have a force field around it that will damage anything that comes in contact (into a specific range) with it. They shouldn't be fighting or attacking, but just like standing next to one another. How would I go about doing that?
Like, what ability should I base it off do you recon? I tried Immolation and Disease Cloud, but for some reason those two don't work. Of course maybe they do but I just changed one thing too many about them. What do you think? How can I make this damaging force field?

stavious

Reaction score
No difference, I tried it. It works as in the unit has the immolation around it, bu when it comes in contact with another unit, just by standing next to it, nothing happens. What I want is for the unit that it stands next to, to take damage. If it helps the unit that should be taking the damage is a tree, and yes I have changed the target allowed for the ability to only Tree, if that helps anyone come to a conclusion :p . Anyone else think they know how to make this work?

stavious

Reaction score
I tried it with a couple of more abilities now, including permanent immolation and thunder clap, but the problem seems to be that the damage isn't taken by the trees, even though the allowed targets is only trees, and the destructible is targeted as a tree.
Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to solve it?

131ackout

Maybe you need triggers.

Otherwise, try to change "Area of Effect" for Permanent Immolation..

stavious

Reaction score
I've tried both those ideas, and for some reason even though they are good they don't work.
This is really becoming an issue. Like, he does the attack, but nothing takes damage from it...

EDIT: Nothing works!! Arg... anyone knows what ability to base it off?
It works when I use Death and Decay, so the problem isn't with the unit. But I'd much rather it be Immolation or Thunder Clap. Why won't those two work? I've changed targets to tree and there is no logical reason for this not happening that I can find!!
Anyone any ideas please??

PooBucket

Reaction score
Some spells are like that, you cannot change the targets allowed section. It's like Mass Teleport.:thdown:. Maybe you'll have to trigger the spell.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Death and Decay isn't a very good example to use, since it kills trees by default anyways. Just keep messing around with the targets and range...tree, destructible, w/e. You might have to end up triggering it somehow.

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but under targets allowed - Tree, I think it is specifically reserved for harvesting wood, therefore trying to use it for a skill might not work. Try destructible or debris instead, though I am not sure either will work

Also, you better try setting the HP of the trees involved, normal trees usually have a good amount of HP, and they don't bleed or burn, they just stand or die, so you might not know if its is wounded... as long as its not dead, you don't notice it.

Lastly, if all else fails, trigger it

stavious

Reaction score
Try destructible or debris instead, though I am not sure either will work.
Tried it, and failed for some odd reason :nuts: .

Also, you better try setting the HP of the trees involved.
Yeah, I gave the trees on 5 HP and the attack does 60, that's not it...

Lastly, if all else fails, trigger it
I'd rather not, plus not sure how too. Thanks for trying though :) .

So far I'm just using Flame Stike kind of to get the trees down, but this is nothing like a force field, so if anyone can think of how to do this I can still (and will happily) change it. Thanks :D .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.