Crime Deadly shooting kills 26 in Newtown, CT

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I keep hearing from internet people in the UK that we just shouldn't have guns, and keep hearing from internet people in the US that it obviously doesn't help given the number of violent crimes committed in the UK, but after looking into it, it seems like the Brits just rely on the police for every little thing. Something like almost half of all violent crimes reported there resulted in zero injury to either party, which is not worth calling the cops over. By any means. So I'm glad that no guns works for ya'll over there.

Unfortunately, with the way the US Military is equipped, we need to have some sort of back-up when shit does hit the fan, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in our lifetimes. So I'm gonna have to vote in favor of them.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
What do you want to steal in a school? Old chalk?
And kidnap children? At bright daylight? With hundreds of witnesses?
People still use chalk?
We actually have some expensive electronic equipment here in the computer labs and the library, as well as the chemicals and specimens in the science lab.

As for kidnapping children, people have been known to masquerade as parents and make off with a student who's wandering the halls or field alone. There are several areas which can't be covered by security cameras.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
People still use chalk?
We actually have some expensive electronic equipment here in the computer labs and the library, as well as the chemicals and specimens in the science lab.

As for kidnapping children, people have been known to masquerade as parents and make off with a student who's wandering the halls or field alone. There are several areas which can't be covered by security cameras.
We have shit equipment which is worth less then the tools you would need to brake into that building. Also, all rooms are locked when there is no teacher inside.

If there is an adult walking through school but he aint a teacher, wouldnt somebody notice? The students should know who is a teacher at their school and who isnt. And if there is somebody walking around who they do not know will they not inform an authority?
And what the f*ck is wrong with your country? Why would somebody sneak into school, pretend to be a parent (why would a parent be at school anyways?) and kidnap children?

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
We have shit equipment which is worth less then the tools you would need to brake into that building. Also, all rooms are locked when there is no teacher inside.
Smashing a window for a microscope and a bottle of concentrated acid seems pretty profitable to me. Students have probably stolen something before as a prank.
If there is an adult walking through school but he aint a teacher, wouldnt somebody notice? The students should know who is a teacher at their school and who isnt. And if there is somebody walking around who they do not know will they not inform an authority?
Teachers come and go all the time, and people here care less than you might expect.
why would a parent be at school anyways?
All sorts of reasons. To pick up their kids home, to deliver lunch; who knows? Parent/teacher meetings are pretty rare, so any communication beyond report card day will most likely happen this way.
And what the f*ck is wrong with your country? Why would somebody sneak into school, pretend to be a parent, and kidnap children?
Ransom money, maybe? We have plenty of immigrants here, and theft happens all the time, so kidnappings are hardly rare. But mainly because this isn't a safe country to live in.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Smashing a window for a microscope and a bottle of concentrated acid seems pretty profitable to me. Students have probably stolen something before as a prank.

Teachers come and go all the time, and people here care less than you might expect.

All sorts of reasons. To pick up their kids home, to deliver lunch; who knows? Parent/teacher meetings are pretty rare, so any communication beyond report card day will most likely happen this way.

Ransom money, maybe? We have plenty of immigrants here, and theft happens all the time, so kidnappings are hardly rare. But mainly because this isn't a safe country to live in.
This sounds like some kind of crapsack world. I dont believe people are monsters over there. You can not tell me that kids get kidnapped in your country on a regular basis.
How would life even be possible in a country in which you can not even go to school without bodyguards.
How can you trust the security guards? You cant tell me everybodys a madman but you can easily put your life in the hands of a security guard and feel comfortable with it.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
This sounds like some kind of crapsack world.
Please, don't link me there. I'll never go to sleep.
I dont believe people are monsters over there. You can not tell me that kids get kidnapped in your country on a regular basis.
It's not regular, but it does happen.
How would life even be possible in a country in which you can not even go to school without bodyguards.
Cultural differences. I can't imagine going to a school without bodyguards. And speaking from personal experience, people like us who live in unsecured homes risk having their only safe place invaded and ransacked. A pair of my shoes were found next to the gate last month; another pair was gone because I made the mistake of leaving it on the rack outside instead of bringing it in. We can't even have driveways here or cars would be lost all the time.
How can you trust the security guards? You cant tell me everybodys a madman but you can easily put your life in the hands of a security guard and feel comfortable with it.
They're paid to do it professionally. And security guards tend to be friendly enough with the students they guard.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
A pair of my shoes were found next to the gate last month; another pair was gone because I made the mistake of leaving it on the rack outside instead of bringing it in. We can't even have driveways here or cars would be lost all the time.
Holy crap, that's way too extreme!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[...]

They're paid to do it professionally. And security guards tend to be friendly enough with the students they guard.
But how can you trust them? They can get paid to do this and steal and kidnap nevertheless.
Whos holding them back? If the security guards turn against you who is going to secure you?
if you live in the in the believe you need security guards because every stranger might be a potential kidnapper or burgler how can you not think the security guards themselfs might be the bad guys as well? You would need security guards to keep you safe from the security guards if they suddenly decide to turn their back against you. And then you need even more security.
How can anybody feel safe if you think this thought to its end?

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
But how can you trust them? They can get paid to do this and steal and kidnap nevertheless.
Whos holding them back? If the security guards turn against you who is going to secure you?
if you live in the in the believe you need security guards because every stranger might be a potential kidnapper or burgler how can you not think the security guards themselfs might be the bad guys as well? You would need security guards to keep you safe from the security guards if they suddenly decide to turn their back against you. And then you need even more security.
How can anybody feel safe if you think this thought to its end?
Perhaps we're just being lulled into a false sense of security. Which most people here are happy to accept at the first level, because who will guard the guards?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.