Defi4nc3's ORPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I'll admit calling myself a Legend or Prodigy was a bit out of hand but lets review for a second how fast Def ORPG acutally spreaded and became popular amongest the ORPG Fanbois.

I started Defi4nc3's ORPG about June last year and worked on its early stages before I took about a 1-2month break on it, I come back to battlenet and somehow all my early stages are being played on when I had NO intention of acutally exposing it as much as it did. I found out that people had uploaded it onto Epicwar and such, also a few of the old Clan ORPG members I knew were still playing it, (Im talking about the OLD Clan ORPG when I was acutally the Leader).

So after all this I start working on the map again and from June to August the Playerbase expanded MASSIVELY from just releasing new Versions constantly and updating etc...

So if you wanna compare my Player base to DOTA, give me at least 2 Years of Work on my Map. As it stands within 2 Monthes period I was able to make one of the BEST ORPG's on Bnet and get a fanbase of over 15,000 Members.

Again, everyone likes to put their own word in about how im so overly confident or im a prick for doing this or that, Put your money where your mouth is and do what I did.

Thats the exact prick thing to say Defiance, personally, I wouldnt pay to have a hero on a game, + the people WERE retarded that they even bothered paying to have a hero on a game...also you need to get a life and get a real job, so just go away.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Uh...the game is SO laggy! Took me about 4 minutes to exit the whole game to the main screen. I was also lagging in-game which was quite terrible, I almost got dropped out! Check those triggers again, they're leaking as heck!

Hackerboy603

Reaction score
I don't mind the whole getting paid to make people their own classes on the map, and maybe even the donation items. The thing that ticks me off is the fact that guys can pay $20 and instantly get a maxed out char. Thats off in my book, I mean, you said it yourself:

But wouldn't cheating just defeat the entire purpose of the ORPG? Tsk... Tsk...

Isn't it the same with paying for a maxed out char? I mean, what's left to do? At least when they make a new class, everyone gets one more guy to play as and there work to still be done on the character.

Meh, either way, it was better before donation items and what not. The class donation was a good idea though.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Ahhh, defiances rpg... I got bored of it because it's kind of stupid, no offense but the only good part of it are those event things inside of caves -.-"

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hmmm what? Break the End User License Agreement you accepted when you installed the game?

This is true, generating money (profit or non-profit) by using WC3, there is a clause in the user agreement that disallows the resale of Blizzard's Product. Which, if you think about it, is what occured.

Anyway, best of luck to your map.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
The only reason it spread fast is people were playing any old rpg, yours just was the only decent one out there. It was a fad, like dota, but it isn't anymore. And now, I haven't seen defiances hosted for several months. That's because there are a lot better more creative RPGs out there.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
The only reason it spread fast is people were playing any old rpg, yours just was the only decent one out there. It was a fad, like dota, but it isn't anymore. And now, I haven't seen defiances hosted for several months. That's because there are a lot better more creative RPGs out there.

Acutally thats because for Several monthes I haven't even been working on the map... Alot of people don't like to play out-dated maps.

As it stands of RIGHT NOW, I haven't even touched the ORPG since August 29th, and I haven't accepted any donations since then, and I won't be having Donater Codes or Classes in GOR.

Hmmm what? Break the End User License Agreement you accepted when you installed the game?

That was a idea to get recongnized by Blizzard, but sadly they don't even care about their own User Agreement. I've ran it across Lawyers and even talked with Blizzard Customer Reps, nothing wrong with what I did.

Uh...the game is SO laggy! Took me about 4 minutes to exit the whole game to the main screen. I was also lagging in-game which was quite terrible, I almost got dropped out! Check those triggers again, they're leaking as heck!

The ORPG itself acutally takes higher requirements then what normal Maps do, this is because of the amount of Spell Effects and Triggers being fired on the map. Trust me I did plenty of Leak Checks and corrected a TON in the early stages of the map, Leaks BUILD UP, they dont happen initially, so unless you have a crappy computer or your client was running DORPG for awhile, there should have been little or no lag.

Thats the exact prick thing to say Defiance, personally, I wouldnt pay to have a hero on a game, + the people WERE retarded that they even bothered paying to have a hero on a game...also you need to get a life and get a real job, so just go away.

To each is own.

P

Pyros

Man, god forbid you play a real mmorpg. There isn't anything wrong with him accepting DONATIONS, hence the word. They are entirely voluntary, and you know what? I think if anyone is to blame, it would be the people donating to elimate the purpose of playing.

But it's not much different than in any mmorpg, when you can buy other player's characters at very high levels, or buy money to twink out your character.

And that's my two cents.

Btw, I do think Defi's ORPG is pretty good, but its too slow paced for me, so thats why I don't play it.

Saiza

Reaction score
Bah... you guys blaming him for getting paid,
He spends alot of time to make the game, it's kinda like a work you know he gets paid, if he dont gets paid he cant feed himself and then he cant countine making this RPG that so many of you love ;)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Man, god forbid you play a real mmorpg. There isn't anything wrong with him accepting DONATIONS, hence the word. They are entirely voluntary, and you know what? I think if anyone is to blame, it would be the people donating to elimate the purpose of playing.

But it's not much different than in any mmorpg, when you can buy other player's characters at very high levels, or buy money to twink out your character.

And that's my two cents.

Btw, I do think Defi's ORPG is pretty good, but its too slow paced for me, so thats why I don't play it.

Lol, I do play a real MMORPG, I play World of Warcraft, I dont even know if you play any MMORPGs, and if its Runescape then thats just noob...=P

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Well it's stupid saying he should get payed for his games, a lot of time/effort/good triggers have gone into different maps, that they don't even consider getting payed for (like GolfCraft, probably none of you have heard of that but it's a GREAT game (I didn't make it I don't even know who made it so don't blame me for that :p))

Anyhow, CAN ANYONE SPELL A LOT RIGHT ARAHRHRGHRGHG!!!

K being positive now:
For every rpg code there is a pattern (unless you have some super stupid save code, like a different code for every save possibility O_O) so there will always be people that hack the code. Therefore you should add some kinda ban network, where people submit screenshots of possible hackers and their name so it can be added to some kinda trigger that detects if their name is on the list + kicks them.
Though that may be impractical for people with no lives that truthfully got really high accounts.
A new idea: Some kind of kills variable for each player, and if they have super stats but really low kills (make up some kind of system that determines how many kills is too little) it says Hacker and kicks em.
Yet again impractical, incase some hacker kills a lot of boars like in that WoW episode of south park (haha that's a hilarious episode). Also it would be a change in code, so people would lose their accounts.

Question: Are any of your spells in the map triggered? Been a long time since I played (and I barely played when I did, like 5 times maybe), because every good RPG (although it seems none do) has triggered spells. As far as I would imagine save codes are done, that wouldn't change the code.

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Bah... you guys blaming him for getting paid,
He spends alot of time to make the game, it's kinda like a work you know he gets paid, if he dont gets paid he cant feed himself and then he cant countine making this RPG that so many of you love ;)
So many love? I know a ton of people who despise the RPG (Me for one, and some of the members of his old clan ORPG). I've stated before that it's good but it hasn't really changed anything. It's the same thing as most other ORPGs that I know of, it just does most of it better. I rarely see it hosted anymore.

You say he needs to be fed? He's 16(last tiem I checked) and living at home in Las Vegas. I think he can make do without the money I belive.

Also on the subject of paying for MMORPGs... those are high quality compared to a warcraft 3 map. I feel bad for people 'donating' to help further move Defi4nc3 forward. When Defi4nc3 originally posted something about it he said that it would 'motivate' him to make the map better. Last time I checked the version was a couple months ago, and now it's still being played. What have there been no recent versions? Have people wasted money trying to 'motivate' you into working on the map more?

I'm tired of hearing about Defi4nc3. I still post in these things because Defi4nc3 is a touchy subject for me. I was a player when he started working on it again. I joined ORPG, and was one of the few mapmakers there. He then left the clan he founded and abandoned us. He opened his own forum and let everything get to his head. The so called 'legend' thought he was to good for us and left. That's my main problem with him/the map

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Eh I think Defiance has gotten a lil cocky about it, there's nothing spectacular about his map. It, yes, took time, but I can tell it didn't take any difficult triggers. I respect games that are hard to make (unless they are really fun/need strategy like civilization wars :p), that's why I don't really respect Defiance. I give him kudos though for spending the time to make it, but not $20 :p

All in all making money on maps is stupid, it's not a profession! It's a frekin hobby, they didn't pay me when I was younger and collected Hot Wheels (don't worry I played with them :p).

People who make things on Flash don't get payed (unless it's a company thing, anyways point is I've never seen a Flash thing that requires payment), and that's 10x, no 20x harder than Warcraft map making.

SoupNBread

Reaction score
People who make things on Flash don't get payed (unless it's a company thing, anyways point is I've never seen a Flash thing that requires payment), and that's 10x, no 20x harder than Warcraft map making.

Only 20x? I'm assuming that's just the animation with no menus or anything fancy :eek:

The only thing I give him props on is his abilities trigger, I have the trigger for turning off all the spells unless your X level and the re-enabling trigger, and they are MASSIVE.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
So many love? I know a ton of people who despise the RPG (Me for one, and some of the members of his old clan ORPG). I've stated before that it's good but it hasn't really changed anything. It's the same thing as most other ORPGs that I know of, it just does most of it better. I rarely see it hosted anymore.

You say he needs to be fed? He's 16(last tiem I checked) and living at home in Las Vegas. I think he can make do without the money I belive.

Also on the subject of paying for MMORPGs... those are high quality compared to a warcraft 3 map. I feel bad for people 'donating' to help further move Defi4nc3 forward. When Defi4nc3 originally posted something about it he said that it would 'motivate' him to make the map better. Last time I checked the version was a couple months ago, and now it's still being played. What have there been no recent versions? Have people wasted money trying to 'motivate' you into working on the map more?

I'm tired of hearing about Defi4nc3. I still post in these things because Defi4nc3 is a touchy subject for me. I was a player when he started working on it again. I joined ORPG, and was one of the few mapmakers there. He then left the clan he founded and abandoned us. He opened his own forum and let everything get to his head. The so called 'legend' thought he was to good for us and left. That's my main problem with him/the map

Acutally im 17, and by living at home I hope you don't mean with my parents.

As for the ORPG thing, heh... If you really knew anything about it, you'd know Clan ORPG wasn't even my idea, therefore I really had no binds to it.

Clan ORPG was formed to settle the fanboi's down ;).

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
You live in Vegas (mmm'k)

You don't live with your parents (mmm'k)

You are going to use (I thought waste was too strong of a word) your spare time making a game for a small community instead of going out on the strip? Thats a good call. Sure you are underaged, but I've been when I was that age it was plenty fun. I'm sure you do go out, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you are still going to make it.

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but rather help you open your eyes. I know you didn't code your map in JASS since I opened it, with that, working on the map won't help you gain any programming experience. JASS is similar to Java, so learning it can help you with simple execution and structure. I code my own map in JASS and I already know JAVA so I was able to just dive right into it.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Thats a common misconception, just because i'm in Vegas doesn't mean I should be going out everyday... But... I used to be a party animal and after praying to the toilet as well as having my brain completely melted more then I can count, you kinda get burnt out and have to limit yourself.

As for my map being in GUI, that doesn't mean I don't know JASS... Acutally GOR isn't even completely written in JASS and my Equipment system is completely composed of GUI, but all the New Class abilities are written in JASS except for certain passive abilities.

Constructing a map in GUI or JASS doesn't change the difficulty for me, I just perfer using GUI in certain situations, theres plenty of maps completely made from JASS, does that make them more professional or better? No.

Sure JASS has advantages over GUI, but like I said even my equipment system is written in GUI and is COMPLETELY Functional, without Leaks.

My Save/Load System is written in GUI and can save so many functions plus seperate inventories (12 Items at the moment).

I will say I like JASS for making abilities... Besides that I just perfer GUI and thats the way I map.

Keep in mind Defi4nc3's ORPG was my very first project, so during the creation I was still learning new things about triggering, thus the entire map being mostly composed of GUI. Alot of the triggers in Defi4nc3's ORPG were very very sloppy :), and during the map progression I had to learn to fix leaks and all that Good stuff.

Cal1991

Reaction score
Quote: "Making money off of WC3 is SOCCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE"

I had more fun reading this thread than playing the game. :D

And Defi4nc3, even if you are to argue that you ARE a prodigy and a legend, it STILL sounds arrogant and stuck up to tell people you are. Not trying to say that you are, just saying how it will sound.

For example if Einstein told everyone he met "I'm much smarter than you, nub" he wouldn't have made many friends, even though he would probably be correct.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Lol I already said what I stated in my "About Me" wasn't meant to be taken that way, and I do regret putting even a myspace up.

Some just shrugged off what I said in the "About Me" section and enjoyed the Map, while others took it offensively (which I don't entirely blame them).

Theres a general theme of me going around that i'm a cocky and such. If you really knew me and got to know me you would know that this is entirely untrue.

I'm not a Super-Expert Mapmaker, i'm more of a Developer, I like to see my visions come to life.

(Btw Steel, I forgot to add that I probaly didn't try to learn JASS because after going to VB Class every day in highschool I didn't really feel like learning a new language heh, but after seeing what JASS is capable of with Spells and such I started taking a liking to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.