Delay problem when removing self-made effect model

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
I've made some models myself and I have successfully implemented them in wc3, but the problem is when I call DestroyEffect() it takes about 4 seconds before the effect disappears. This only happens on my self-made models, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the .mdl file.

Could it be that my model only has a "stand" animation and that a "death" animation is required? If that is the case, how can I easiest make one? I just want the model to disappear instantly when I call the function.

Funny thing is it actually works if I use the model as an attachment on an ability, the model is removed instantly when I remove the ability. But if I use AddSpecialEffectTarget & DestroyEffect, the 4 second delay is there.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Well, either add a both birth and death animation or simply make the model itself disappear after a while. Check for example "Avatar" model. It has no death animation, but it is repeating itself, which means that it has by default a death animation (although it is not displayed as an actual animation name).

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Yeah, I believe that you need a death animation. The 4 second delay is probably the decay time on effects (which can be changed in the gameplay constants).

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
You're welcome :D

Just remember that this will change the decay time for ALL effects.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.