Defense Demise of Atlantis

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
@Devrak
There is not much eye candy features in this version yet. I would include some screenshot for the beta version, since it has more skills to show :)

@Zack1996
The greater bash was nerfed, I also noticed that last time. Though I still forgot to add the classification for targets, it works on your allies :D

@Yoshii
The Divine Shield would make you 100% immune to any damage, though it does not make you invulnerable or increase your armor. I'm redesigning it to 100% damage resistant that provides regeneration aura when activated.

Thanks for testing everyone, hoping for your help for the incoming beta version. + rep to all testers, and credits too.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I don't know why, but the waves seem to come too quickly. I don't even have time to get items :(

Also, what is the spawning ground for? Will it be destructable in the newer versions?

FhelZone

Reaction score
I've already fixed the very quick waves, now you will have extra 5 seconds before the next waves arrive. Then you don't need to camp near the item shops anymore, their range are now extended, so that you could purchase while fighting. I'm currently busy with implementing some new skills, so the next version would be a bit longer.

FhelZone

Reaction score
BUMPITY

I just changed the map name and released another alpha :D
Credits have been made for the past helpers, just post here if I forgot to include your name in the credits which is currently in the quests.

Skills balanced and some more skills added.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm reporting this, but Bash doesn't seem to trigger.
The tooltip for Bash shows "Gives a 0 percent chance to stun an enemy for 0 seconds, dealing 0 bonus damage".
If you used the Auto-Tooltip way (<AbilityId,Value>), I think you need to fix the values xD. It never triggers -> Useless

I like the new abilities you've added though. They are rather cool :D
God Strength is win xD

EDIT: Just got to the Bonus part, I really like it xD Its a nice bonus that's difficult to get bonuses from.
EDIT2: How come the new version doesn't work with 1.24 and the old one did?

FhelZone

Reaction score
I actually used the vexorians optimizer, and I've checked all 10 script optimizers, guess that made a lot of incompatibility and bugs. I guess next time I would need to reject the script optimization the optimizer has. I found a lot of bugs when I played it just now on the internet. One was that the score board was not synced I had a different result from the other. The units also seemed to refuse to move from their position. A lot of bugs I still need to fix, guess I would not use the script optimizer for a while. Thanks for playing by the way, you are really a pioneer of this project :D

BTW:
Hope you liked the new skill "Mana Burst" inspired by Command and Conquers Ion Cannon :)

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well. I have some praise and some criticism.

First, the praise. Pretty good terraining and what will soon become a lot of Heroes. Also, an large array of abilities that most people would love to know how to make.

Second, The criticism. Definately needs multiboards, timers and many other fixes. Needs the game to end after the last wave and all teh hero taverns need to work. I was only able to select from the red roofed tavern. I tied typing -ap but it did nothing. The creeps spawned before I had finished buying my spells. Start the countdown timer as a shorter timer after one player enters the real arena. All the damage from the spells comes before the effects so a unit will die, then a star will fall from the sky. All the recipe shops sold nothing, only the first shop. Also, make it possible for the Orb to die, it has an incredibly large amount of HP and regen. I had three waves attacking it one after the other and they barely dinted it.

If you want help fixing some of these things, I will help.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Hmm, thanks for the very fast reply by the way :D

Multiboards - I have a multiboard, very scratch here so I decided to remove it. I still need to find a decent multiboard tutorial I can't figure out how to remove a row when the player is not playing.

Timers - I also need a tutorial for this one, I don't know how to create multiple timers. I just tried to put together the lines of GUI codes.

Tavers & Heroes - About the heroes, I'm still working on them, it is especially hard to create ranged heroes since I still have to include them to the Split Shot system. The next version I'll fill up all the taverns (I hope I could do so)

Timer - Yup I know, some people takes their time reading all neccessary skill effects and thinks of their pros and cons. Guess I'll extend the spawn time next time by 30 seconds. That's because I'm working on a training ground where the heroes get to be stored and use their skills on the dummies if the game has not started yet.

Starfall - I just copied it from the DotA style starfall, damage first before effects :D

Items - Honestly, never really started with it yet. It seems too difficult for me, but I'll try to implement them as soon as possible. I make items which are not basic so I don't know where to start. I've started making a single item and it was way too cool to be a simple item or recipe. Also I can't think of the units that I can use to sell all those items.

Orb of Atlantis - Well, I was thinking of something like giving the creeps the Demolish ability which can raise their damage when attacking structures. It's either that or I could just consider the first 10 waves as simple waves the next waves would be capable of destroying the Orb without the demolish skill.

>> I would be glad to have some help, I just needed some especially with the basic items and ideas on how to implement them :D

Joccaren

Reaction score
OK. Is the map download unprotected? If so, I'll begin working on some systems and recipes for you. Also, all the spells seemed to have damage before effect. I could be able to fix the Starfall but other spells such as Rain of Chaos ect. I'll need to check before seeing if I'm able to fix it.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I tried the map. The spells were great :D
I realised you remade some of the waves. That's good, its rather cool that there's more bosses :D
I see you also fixed the levelling stats system from selecting you hero. That's good.

Here's some tutorials for Multiboards:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/multiboard-counter-112247/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/multiboards-6402/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/all-about-multiboards-84942/

Here's some Timer tutorials:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ate-sucessfull-timer-window-reuploaded-97651/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...stanceabilty-timers-custom-values-more-96460/

Good luck!

FhelZone

Reaction score
@Joccaren
At the moment I'm keeping the map protected to the public. Though I think you can do it on a blank map and just send it to me anyway.

@Zack1996
Glad to hear from you again zack you were a great help actually :D I've read the tutorials and they were good. Though the tutorial for multiboards did not satisfy me since I didn't get what I want where the multiboard auto hides the row when a player is inactive, though I bet it would be okay for me to make a multiboard that is not much polished. Thank you very much for the help.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Today's Bump
Just been have testing the map today, found out that I forgot to change the value on split shot, turns you invulnerable when activated :D Fixed that now.

Anyway, any comments or suggestions. I see that only few people are here and they are the same as ever :)

Joccaren

Reaction score
Well, I have an Idea for the multiboard thing but no clue on how to get it fully working. Basically, when a player leaves a game, move all the players below that players row up one row then set the bottom rows columns to take up 0% of total screen width.

Also, what do you want me to do first

FhelZone

Reaction score
Actually I've started with the multiboard already, though after I'm finish with it, I'm expecting further polishings so maybe I could have it polished by you if you have some pare time. I've also started now with the items, recently scribbled the items on a piece of paper :D

FhelZone

Reaction score
I was planning a score ranking system maybe you could do it since it is pretty simple though you would need a save load system. It goes like this.

Requirements:
* GUI Save/Load System
* Variable "Score_Ranking"

The save/load system does not save nor load anything except for the value of the variable "Score_Ranking" which is an Integer variable. BTW the system should be all versions compatible the game runs in all versions :D

Furthermore on the update, made a simple multiboard and it looks awesome, though not yet fully functional.

29672574.jpg

Joccaren

Reaction score
So this is a rank such as 'after X kills you rank up' and you want me to create a save/load system to carry it through maps.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Well, yes. That is the only system that I cannot cope up with, I'm still working on the multiboard and the items.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.