Campaign Demon Bounty Hunter

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Out of the shadows you were cast, into the light you bacame and into the arms of a demon you fell. You feed on malice and pain, it is a sight that you see every waking moment of your life.

Hiding in the shadows you wait for your target, calculating every possible moment until it's time to strike and you strike with so much quickness that the target dosn't know what has killed them. You used to work for the Night Elves now you work for Demons...

Welcome Dagda Remar, Bounty Hunter for the Burning Leigon... Awake and cause pain...

Introduction

I love assassination type of games, where you can plan the moment and attack when you like. Sneaking is a fun thing to do instead of killing. Killing is so easy to do but sneaking is much harder.

I am trying to create an assassination Campaign that will give you multiple ways of doing it. In the first map this isn't very clear as it seems quite structured but in the following maps to come you will see that you can decide for your self. The first map is really an introduction into Dagda Remars life from when he served good to when he served bad. It is a introduction map not only to the life of Dagda Remar but to the Campaign. It lays the foundation for this campaign to grow.

Why, you might ask did i release this Campaign when only one map is completed and it is quite short? Well for a number of reasons, one so it dosn't just add to my growing pile of unfinished work but 2 it shows people what I can do and what to expect from more ongoing maps of this type to come. Even I am looking forward to what I will create next. It will be quite a project as it should have many possible ways of doing it but it will be fun to make and ultimatly fun to play. I hope you enjoy the first map and this project will be the biggest project i have ever done.

Dagda Remar
(Up to date)
Act One

Bounty for Betrayal

After reciving word of a Demonic Invasion near the Mystic Isles, Dagda Remar went to see if there was any money making assassinations up for grabs. Of course he was well known as a bounty hunter so he had no trouble finding work. He was offered 1000 gold (Thats a lot for normal people not entire armies) and he jumped at the chance to eliminate the Demon Pitlord who was hosting the Invasion.

Being told to meet Shandris Feathermoon on a base in the Mystic Isles he hears that the gold offerd will go down to 100 and that if he dosn't accept or fails and lives the job that he will be hunted by the Night Elfs. This was Govment buisness. Of course Dagda goes along with it and finally meets the Pitlord and slays him easily. Out of the shadows a Dreadlord came, offering him somthing worth more than gold, Power. Exactly what his mentor, Illidan Stormrage was offerd. He jumped at the chance to join the Demon. He knew he would meet his friends in combat but he didn't care. He was ready for Power and thats what he got...

Act Two

The downfall of the Mage
'The Mage helped Jaina and Malfruion to summon the exlposive wisps at the battle of Hyja. He is one of the reasons for the Leigons downfall. Make it his downfall and you will be rewarded... Well...'
Dagda Remar had his orders, unlike his first mission this wouldn't be easy. The Mage is well known and the guards will protect him at all costs. He even has his own guards that come past. Finding out information from people would be helpful and detrimine where he will be at what point in the day.
After talking to people he learnt a lot of things. The gates close at night and anyone who is inside the town at night and dosn't live there the guards will attack. There might be a man to get Dagda into the town at a secret location during the night and Dagda now knows the certain point in the day where the Mage can be Assassinated nice and quitly...
After doing the deed the Mage casted a spell and the whole town was alearted. Including the peasants secret army. They all dressed for war and chased Dagda out of the city to death...

Screen Shots (Pending)

Other Information

I don't know what maps I will make next, I have just finished the first map. It will be better though as there will be more killing and different ways to do the mission.

The map is protected so no point of opening it in WE. I do hope you enjoy the map and please post any Bugs, Ideas for upcoming targets/mission and if you enjoyed it or not. I will take every comment into consideration and 90% of the time reply to any comments that can be replied to.

If you play it Thanks, if you read through this first post but don't download the map still thanks anyway. :thup:

duderock101

Reaction score
The first map has the skill Assassination Atempt bugged. Thanks for commenting about somthing unlike anybody else who couldn't be botherd... I put loads of effort into this as well :(

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I tried the map and it was good. It had a good terrain, a good storyline etc.
Some problems/questions though:
  • What was the Demon Transport for?
  • I had a hard time finding the key I thought it was going to be dropped by a monster, so I almost killed every monster before I found it.
  • Sprint still got the frenzy buff.
  • Assasination doesn't seem to work, and I think it should work on every enemy not just the targets.
  • The spell that increases attack speed still got the frenzy buff(I'm unsure about this, I played your map yesterday and forgot if it had it or not)
  • I think you did something wrong in the first cinema. I think you had some text twice so on one place it didn't make sense

duderock101

Reaction score
Ok i will put you comments down into numbers

1 What was the Demon Transport for?
2 I had a hard time finding the key I thought it was going to be dropped by a monster, so I almost killed every monster before I found it.
3 Sprint still got the frenzy buff.
4 Assasination doesn't seem to work, and I think it should work on every enemy not just the targets.
5 The spell that increases attack speed still got the frenzy buff(I'm unsure about this, I played your map yesterday and forgot if it had it or not)
6 I think you did something wrong in the first cinema. I think you had some text twice so on one place it didn't make sense

1. After you have the key you go to the demon tansport and walk inside the Glowing Magical runes, the demon trnasport will then take you through the Infernos who can see invisible units. It will then drop you offf in a secrue location.

2. It says in the cinematic that a servant left the key in a guarded place in the Southern east part of the Isles.

3. Ok thanks, i will fix it in the next release.

4. The assassination is completely buggged, shame really i know. I will take into consideration if you are allowed to use on every thing. I have also taken it into consideration if you have to be stealthed or not and i think that you won't have to be stealthed to use the ability.

5. I don't think it can have a frenzy buff when it's not based off frenzy... My buffs are weird because even if i remove the buffs from the list it still gains the buff anyway. I don't think i can fix it but it dosn't matter, it's just a little symbol on the bottom of you char? It flashes when the ability is almost over as well...

6. Ok fixed it in the next updated version.

Thanks loads for your comment. It's really helped me find out the bad things about the map. Mabey i should make the trasport clearer. Oh and you can only use the transport once you have the item... (key)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
About the key. I got to be blind. I first searched for a while, when I didn't find it, I used iseedeadpeople and searched for it. I still didn't find it(That's the blind part) so I thought you had to kill some of the monsters. When I was going to the doom guard closest to the key, I found it.

Great campaign anyways and I look forward to the other parts(I haven't played the 2nd one yet. I might do it when I get home)

duderock101

Reaction score
thx for comments. Project has holted though as 2nd one didn't go very well. Might restart later though...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.