Arena Destroy the Core!

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
For everyone who followed my bullet hell project, i present to you the rehaul of that project

This is yes inspired by the famous phrase that is yelled at every gradius boss fight "Destroy the core!", and that means the point of the game is to destroy the other team's core

The teams are composed of 5 people per team, 1 player is the core and the rest are either offensive or defensive parts

Each part is a hero, meaning that they level up. Exp is aquired by both your team's performance and your personal performace, the style of exp gain is dependant on your part.
Core: Cannot receive exp by itself, but receives tripple the normal team exp
Offensive: Gains exp by dealing damage, this exp is negated if the shot is absorbed.
Defensive: Gains exp by absorbing hits. This exp is negated if you are damaged.

Everytime you do an action that gives you exp, the combo counter for your part goes up, this acts as additonal bonus exp gained every time you would get personal exp.
If you do an action that would normaly grant exp (+1 per count) but dosent, then your chain will be broken
Team Combos are also essential, like the combos, each combo icnreses the team combo by 1, but like the gain process, ANYONE can break the team combo. Also, team combos add 2 to the team exp portion as opposed to 1.

The playstyles....
Core: This is the only unit that can move freely around the play area
Offensive: Orbits around the core, the player has controle of his rotation and rightclicking will fire in that direction. If you click on another part, then you will fire a delayed unblockable (but absorbable) shot.
Defensive: Has controle of its positon in it's orbit. Rightclicking will heal the selected part by a small ammount.

All parts has the ability to Switch polarities, As usual its
Red
Blue
If you match the color of the bullet to the color of your polarity, then the shot will be nullified and converted into exp and extra mana.
This is the only way for defensive to gain mana, and the mana will also be transfered to all the other parts, the core included.

Parts in detail

Core: Controles movement, This is your team's energy source, it siphons its mana to the offensive parts. If this part's mana run's dry, then the offsensive nodes will receive no mana regeneration. The hero abilitys are all team based abilities. This has the ability to initiate the reconstruction of a part at the cost of a large ammount of mana.

Offensive: Reqired for attacks, Its attacks drains mana, which is received from the core of the ship. Each attack uses a differnt ammount of mana. This is your main source of Team EXP, and is dependant on your damage dealt.

Defensive: This is the meatsheild of your party. Not only do they have high hit points, but they are awarded for sucessfully absorbing a blast! That mana not only goes though to the part, but is split evenly between the other parts, so this is an external mana source for the offensive parts. They have the ability to repair damaged parts, once again this costs mana. They also have the ability to shorten the reconstruction of a part by useing it's mana. This part receives a reduced ammount of personal exp.

This map is HIGHLY TEAM BASED, there is no way for you to win without enough people or without both parts.

Current progess:
Converting blue models to red counterparts

anything else done? None on this map, but systems have been compleated before

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
This looks absoultly amazing! hope you get it finished ill definately play it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds cool, Psiblade. I hope that it will be as successful as bullet hell.

Good luck. (If you need any help just ask me :p)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Damn that took a while

I finaly got the converted models in lol, also the orbit system is under construction, but the core for that system shuld be solid

right not im debateing about which movement system to put in, the system from my orbiting battle map or my bullet hell map.... ill post a poll on the helper fourms and see what you guys think, im really fine with both systems, but that only makes it ahrder to choose.

And hey, it might be my game (actualy blizzards, but the map is mine), but its the fans that are playing it, and really its their opinons that matter most

link to poll http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98702 plz vote

ill be working on the orbit systems while this votes, ill give it untill friday

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like it's going to be point movement at the moment :rolleyes:

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
heh yea,

The idea for the stats are up
Each stat varies between each part, Int is the only constant

Str (Power)
Core - Mana regeneration
O - # of sides on attack dice
D - # of sides on defense dice

Agi (Specal)
Core - Movement Speed
O - Energy Effecency (a % reduction on the mana cost for fireing, each point is a .1% reduction)
D - Energy Absorbtion (The ammount of mana that the core and te part gets for absorbeing a hit)

Int (Combo)
Displays your part's combo points, The combo on the core is your team's combo

The attack equation is basicaly, attacker's level + (random number from 0 to # of sides on the dice) - Defender's Level + (random number from 0 to # of sides) to make things work out, instead of haveing the hp and mana stats haveing a 10 base, itll be off of a 100 base

Most likely ill give the defensive a manasheild ability that takes 90% of the damage at the cost of mana.

Im also rethinking on the style of defensive play, going to make it's movements based on mouse clicks (meaning no heals) and the offensives will just orbit like options (they dont take hits anyways, if the shot goes though then its up to the core to polarize itself or doge it compleatly) <the only way to hit them is with a direct attack <lightning bolt> from an opposeing offensive>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.