Destroying Triggers

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm. I just thought that I should try and check if the "DestroyTrigger" function works... But it doesn't.

Trigger:

Trigger:
  • Semi Glaive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Semi-Glaive
    • Actions
      • Set Semi_Glaive_Unit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Semi_Glaive_LvL = (Level of Semi-Glaive for Semi_Glaive_Unit)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Semi Glaive to Semi_Glaive_LvL for (Owner of Semi_Glaive_Unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Semi_Glaive_LvL Equal to 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(gg_trg_Semi_Glaive)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: AAAAAAA
        • Else - Actions

If it is working properly it shouldn't show that "AAAAAAA" message but it does. I even tried to add a "Wait" action between those 2 lines but it shows the message again. Mind explaining what's wrong here?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Well, if I recall it correctly, a destroyed trigger will still finish all its running instances.

roXplosive

Reaction score
I know the trigger is destroyed but the function that is running will continue execution until all it's instructions have been finished . You can issue a trigger disable action but the actions of that trigger will get carried out completely after the trigger disable because a trigger fires a function containing the actions when an event occurs and the specified conditions are met . So even if you kill your trigger the current actions being carried out are finished .

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ahm, so the action works even though I can't test whether it does. I wanted to insure myself because I want my trigger database to be clean... Ok, I belive in this forum. Thank you for the replies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.