Diablo style combat

SnowCrow

Reaction score
Didn't find anything with search. Dunno if this has been conceived before.

Is it possible to create a Diablo style combat system in WC3? Or something similiar.
You attack with left click; there is no auto-attacks.

I've tried something but I can't get it to work right. :(

evilwolf

Reaction score
You can do:
Add classification-worker, so it dosen't auto-attack.
Then if
A player selects a unit
Damage selected unit...

SnowCrow

Reaction score
I need the hero to do attack animation too, not just damage. :) And if I order the hero to attack once the target and I click the target again, the attack interrupts.. I need to disable the attack for the duration of the animation somehow.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Maybe try adding a condition check? If the unit's current order = attack, then don't do anything. If not, then order it to attack. Just an idea.

evilwolf

Reaction score
I need the hero to do attack animation too, not just damage. :) And if I order the hero to attack once the target and I click the target again, the attack interrupts.. I need to disable the attack for the duration of the animation somehow.
Then order the unit to play its attack animation using an action.

SnowCrow

Reaction score
Maybe try adding a condition check? If the unit's current order = attack, then don't do anything. If not, then order it to attack. Just an idea.

Nevermind... It still interrupts the attack when I click the target before the attack is done. There should be an option to cancel an issued order..

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
i can only think of one solution but its tough:

when you select a unit, order the hero to go to his position (if hes melee). If he reaches the position, then order the hero to attack once the unit, therefore checking for attack speed and item effects. also, AFAIK, when u attack in diablo you cannot cancel it. but if you want that you need a timer system for each hero. find the right time the hero damages a unit then deal damage to it, if your current order is attack (or something) AND he is within range of the unit AND he is facing the unit, then damage.

hope i helped.. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.