Dialogs and Resolution (wide screen etc.)

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
AFAIK you can lock a sc2 dialog to the center of your screen etc. and give it a certain size. However, won't the amount of space be limited to those with a small resolution (tiny screen) compared with a wide screen? With other words, if I fill my (wide) screen with dialogs, won't there be overlap, or parts cut out on someone else's screen?

If so, is there any function to detect resolution so I can use %s?

(Don't have SC2 yet, it's being delivered somewhere today :rolleyes:)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
No need to detect resolution, just set the size of the dialog box in percentages and it will set it accordingly.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Can't find how to set %s, but I figured out a (theoretical - not yet tested) way to find the resolution:

Create a dialog using the full screen (that's a function).
Detect dialog height / width (that's a real value).

Gonna test it...

EDIT:
Doesn't work. It returns the size of when the dialog was created, not the full-screen size. "Dialog is off-screen" doesn't seem to be useful either, as it has to be off-screen for 100%... Although... *brb testing smth*

EDIT2:
I'm really wondering how off-screenity works... Placing the anchor + the entire dialog outside of my screen, below another dialog etc. doesn't trigger it...
With other words, it seems like there is no way to detect resolution using dialogs... Hm...

EDIT3:
I'm out of ideas, tried everything I thought of... Does anyone else know a way to detect resolution or set the dialog's size relative to the screen (%s) so it won't be off-screen for anyone?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.