Disable Attack Index

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I can enable an attack index in game by giving the unit some kind of orb ability (like orb of venom ability for example), which enables melee heroes to attack air.
Can I disable attack index ANYHOW?

I need to be able to switch between the 2. :\
I hope it's possible without replacing the unit with its variant.
Thank you!

Xienoph

Reaction score
Make the attack that you want to turn on / off as Attack #1. If you want to switch to the ability, give the orb ability. If you want to switch to the other one, take out the orb ability.

If I understand it correctly, units prioritize attack 1 to attack 2. So if you enable attack 1, it'll ignore attack 2, unless it can't use attack 1.

Faust

Reaction score
Xien gave me an idea, I'll disable both attacks, then add the ability I want. Thank you all.

Faust

Reaction score
Excuse me for doubleposting. :)
I tried what I said, but it didn't work.
For some reason, when I allow attack 2 (only), attack 1 is still active...

I disabled both attacks in the object editor.
I gave the unit a spellbook with 2 levels, level 1 had attack 1 ability, level 2 had attack 2. I set the levels when needed, which works okay, but the hero still uses attack 1... -.-

I also tried without spellbook, adding and removing the actual abilities to the hero, but that didn't work either :\

EDIT1: I think I found the problem... I'm using turning towers, which means I'm hiding a root ability in a spellbook on all towers... and root interferes...
I still need to find the solution though.

EDIT2: I tried attack 1 and 2 roots... didn't work :s

roXplosive

Reaction score
I think 1 variant would be a metamorphosis you can turn on/off .

I also looked into the attacks of the chiamera : attack 1 targets structure debries (siege) and attack 2 attacks units , structure , debris (magic) with attack 2 only enabled . I know attack 1 is enabled by upgrade but it's still interesting because attack1 is checked before attack 2 for viable targets .

Faust

Reaction score
That makes sense with chimeara, but the allowed targets don't change in my case.
I just need my unit to be able to attack, but have no damage/missile art. I'll check bear form.

EDIT: I made the exact copy of the unit, but when I morph, the secondary has no attack whatsoever o.o (yyyyeessss, I enabled it)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.