Disabling Controlling for unit types

mAhla

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm making a map. Its a 3v3v3v3 map. A bit like Footman Frenzy. My idea was going to add AI players to that map, which will controll "creeps" (humans footmen, rifleman, priest, undeads ghouls, crypt friends , necros etc..) But then I noticed that I'm making 3v3v3v3 map, so I wont have room for AI players. So now I should look for easisest way to make those units non controllable.

I was thinking making a trigger, which orders specific unit types to attack move to position X. I think that is possible, right ? But bigger problem for me is that how do I remove Controll from different unit types ? And leave controll for heroes, summons etc ..

Any help ? :nuts:

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Add the ability "locust" to the units that you don't want to be controlled.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Locust renders the unit invulnerable though.

There won't be much fighting going on. :p

DioD

Reaction score
ward + smart reorder will do job, also you may try to use neutral extra-victim-hostile-neutral for this, but it will have major side effects.

mAhla

Reaction score
ward + smart reorder will do job, also you may try to use neutral extra-victim-hostile-neutral for this, but it will have major side effects.

So you mean like, make custom units based on Wards, and edit them to be able to move and attack and change models etc .. ?

mAhla

Reaction score
So you mean like, make custom units based on Wards, and edit them to be able to move and attack and change models etc .. ?

Okay, I did add the Unit's Classification to Ward. Now it almost works. I can controll I still move them with mouse. It allows me to target them, and move them. But cant do spells, and icons are gone, which is some kind of progress :)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You could do this.

Trigger:
  • Prevent Control
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to MyUnit
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set TempPoint = Position X
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

This will make it so that the unit will ignore any commands given to the unit and continue to Attack-move towards Position x. Just ensure that under "Or - Any (Conditions) are true", include all the units that you want to prevent control.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.