Double/Tripple/More Attack Spell

BAkil

Reaction score
How do I make a spell, similar to Nerubian Weaver's Geminate Attack for those who play DotA, that launches a second attack (or more if possible) after attacking for the first time.

Another example is the crypt that explodes corpses in YouTD, it also has a double/tripple/more attack chance thingy..

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
My first thought would be to trigger the creation of a dummy (or two or three :p) that do the attacking for you. I've not seen any of these abilities myself so I'm not sure exactly how it would work, but I would try that.

roXplosive

Reaction score
The weaver's ability is based off orb of lightning . If you make an ability off orb of lighning and replace the ability casted when it procs "Item chain lightning" with an arrow effect like fire arrows , orb of anihilation when the ability triggers you will launch an adittional attack . The aditional attack does not trigger the orb effect again . If you have the triggered ability (say you made the orb cast fire arrows) and your hero has the fire arrows ability then you will get fire arrow proc from the passive too instead of normal attack .

BAkil

Reaction score
But will I be able to make it multi-shot, more than once - like 3 or 4 times, with the Orb of Slow (not lightning isn't it?) thingy?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
no, more then 2 aint possible this way. and orb of lightning and orb of slow is one and the same ability, just copied.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This. Attached along to the map.

The multiple attack isn't MUI though. Just MPI. Perhaps someone else can MUI-fy it for you.

the system of yours is leaking events there. Why dont you just use the event "unit is attacked" in combination with the conditions "order of attacking unit != "attack" or "smart"" ?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Event leaks are something new to me.
Didn't know about it in the past.
Could've sworn that someone (Ace?) once said events do not leak, or rather insignificant, can't remember.
Then again, that could be old news.

> Why dont you just use the event "unit is attacked" in combination...
Not very sure what you mean here. This is regarding the anti-bug trigger or something else?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
events leak like everything else does.

well the problem with the orb of lightning ability is that the ability doesnt trigger when you dont order your unit to attack the target.
what you did is that when a target is aquired your unit is ordered to attack. but what you can do either is when a unit is attacked and the order of the attacking unit aint "smart" or "attack" then order it to attack.

something like this:
(Handwritten!)
Trigger:
  • Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • or - any condition is true
        • (current order of (attacking unit) Not Equal "attack"
        • (current order of (attacking unit) Not Equal "smart"
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack-Move To Point1
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> events leak like everything else does
I see. Have been off from WE for so long. Hardly getting any updates at all. :p Thanks for the info.

That trigger you have there doesn't work well. It will bug when the unit attacks. I think it's because Attack Move will override the unit's current attack order. Or something like that. So far, I feel 'A unit acquires a target' event fires faster than 'A unit is attacked' event. I guess the former event works better. Then again, it's still open for suggestion.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
> events leak like everything else does
I see. Have been off from WE for so long. Hardly getting any updates at all. :p Thanks for the info.

That trigger you have there doesn't work well. It will bug when the unit attacks. I think it's because Attack Move will override the unit's current attack order. Or something like that. So far, I feel 'A unit acquires a target' event fires faster than 'A unit is attacked' event. I guess the former event works better. Then again, it's still open for suggestion.

i made a mistake, the "or" should be an "and".
it wont bug up the attack, i used it plenty of times in my games. it does fire only the for the first attack since then the order of the attacking unit is smart which is okay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.