Dummy casting custom spell.. HELP PLZ!

B0ndo

Reaction score
I've tried so many times but i just can't make it work. Can someone help me making a dummy that casts a custom spell 1 time every second over 15 seconds. I'd really appreciate any help.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Well we need a few more specifics, like what kind of spell your dummy is casting. Is it targetting a point on the ground or a unit, or does it not have any target? Also, is this dummy on the map permanently, or is it created via another spell? etc.

I'll show you a trigger that makes a dummy cast a spell with no target every 15 seconds:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (your dummy) to (your ability here)

B0ndo

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. This dummy is "trained" as the spell from a building, and is supposed to be cast several times over the map before the dummy disappears.
The spell is a rain of fire with flame strike as area of effect when the raid of fire ball hits the ground. (help to make the spell aswell would be much appreciated).

By the way this dummy is not only being trained by 1 player but 8 players.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
A small note here...if you want the spell to be cast in multiple areas at once, you're going to need multiple dummies for each player because the spell is a channel.

Going along those lines, you would need something like this: (Note the "something like")

Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Playable Map Area
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit) Equal to (The unit type of your trained unit. This will be a dummy unit btw, not really used)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 (Firestorm Dummy) for (Triggering Player) at Point facing degrees
      • Unit - Order unit to cast <whichever spell is the base spell> at Point
      • Unit - Add a 5 second expiration timer to (last created unit)

...That'll work for 1 dummy only. For more, just use a loop, with random points in whichever region you want.

Note: the trigger is freehand.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order unit to cast <whichever spell is the base spell> at Point

But i can't seem to add my custom spell to this action.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You need the base spell. Let's say your spell was based off of the human archmages blizzard, then you use:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Order unit to cast Human Archmage <Blizzard> at Point

Because you used the base spell, the order id is the same, so it will cast your custom spell. Btw, the wording of the trigger won't be exactly like that ^ because I haven't really checked with the editor.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Okay whats the Firestorm dummy then? is that just a random name of any unit i make first or is the dummy a totally seperated action?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Instead of Firestorm dummy, you'll be using whichever dummy you need to cast the firestorms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.