Dummy fails to cast spell on specific player

chukky-jr

Reaction score
okay i explain the scenario first, whenever a unit enters a <buff region> , a dummy unit will be created for the owner of entering unit, added the ability <buff ability> and ordered to cast it on the <entering unit>. there is only 2 force in the game btw.

the problem is it works for human player on force 1 and computers on force 2, but it won't cast the spell on the computers in force 1 ( i have an AI for the computer in force 1), anyone knows what cause this? and i've tried to play as human on 2 slot using KLoader, the trigger seems to work fine as long as the player is human in force 1 or computer in force 2. (actually it works fine before, i have no idea why it screws up now)

Trigger:
  • DesertBuildingEffect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Desert &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Victim = (Entering unit)
          • Set DesertPoint = (Position of Victim)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at DesertPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add DesertStructure to Dummy
          • Unit - Order Dummy to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire Victim
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
          • Set Dummy = No unit
          • Set Victim = No unit
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_DesertPoint)
        • Else - Actions

Dirac

Reaction score
Why is your trigger inside an If/Then/Else with no If and no Else? lol.

I bet your dummy dosnt have enough mana to cast it, or the ability has requirements, or the targets allowed are wrong. Also, when in GUI you don't need to put the Last Created Unit or Entering Unit inside a var, and even less, you dont have to set unit variables to No Unit

chukky-jr

Reaction score
Why is your trigger inside an If/Then/Else with no If and no Else? lol.
i forgot to remove it lol

I bet your dummy dosnt have enough mana to cast it, or the ability has requirements, or the targets allowed are wrong.
err i did told that it works only for some player, but it doesn't for others, the target unit is the same since every player basically has the same unit. the spell works fine for player 8, 9 , 10 , 11, (pre-forced computer as enemy team) and User player in force 1 (1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7), but for some reason it doesn't work for force 1 if the player is computer (works fine if the player is user)

btw is it MUI? (well i did test with multiple unit, it works, but just to clarify things)

-EDITED- okay i edited the Faerie Fire its target allowed to default, then i add structure and allied to the target allowed, but why doesn't it works?
-EDITED- i fix it up. i think it is a WE target allowed bug with faerie fire and inner fire ability

Dirac

Reaction score
btw is it MUI? (well i did test with multiple unit, it works, but just to clarify things)
Well something that doesn't go through time can't avoid being MUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.