Other EGUI Addon Writer

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
EGUI Addon Writer

Before you continue, I suggest you familiarize yourself with what EGUI is.

EGUI Addon Writer is a tool I came up with a while back but never really got into any real productive work. Until now. EGUI Addon Writer will have two interfaces: a GUI for inexperienced EGUI users and a RAW editor for more advanced users.

Basically, all this does is give you an interface to work off of the UI files ;)

Here is the current layout (probable major revamps):

EGUIAddonWriterRAW.png

EGUIAddonWriterOptions.png

EGUIAddonWriterGUI.png

I am making this in C#, for those of you who couldn't read the code in the images and are curious.

Currently, I would say that the project is at 15%. And that's being generous. I still have a lot of work ahead of me and any comments, suggestions, and criticisms are welcome.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
you should know that I love EGUI, but what exactly it does, it allows users to generate UI based in library JASS they have?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
No, the user creates the UI by giving the function name and parameters (along with a description and a few other things).

The code part is to allow for function checking. If the function is not found/parameters are incorrect/etc. (It's going to be an optional thing. If the system code area is empty, it won't check.)

Though, one problem I'm having is the syntax highlighting in the code area >_<

It's doing this:

function
array
struct
library
scope
integer

boolean
unit
unittype
integer
scope

function Test takes nothing returns nothing
local unit
whichUnit = GetTriggerUnit()
call
KillUnit(whichUnit)
call BJDebugMsg("Testing this is like "WTF? RED AND BLUE!~?!?!?!?!?!")
endfunction

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or just exclude syntax highlighting. Nobody's going to be coding in that thing anyway; just pasting code in. :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Or just exclude syntax highlighting. Nobody's going to be coding in that thing anyway; just pasting code in. :p

But then it's less cool :(

@Lyerae because an addon to Moonlite isn't applicable in this situation......

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I agree with Romek, unnecessary I think you color the text, since nobody there but will encode in the editor or some other program as well (because of the editor to be tested before)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.