Eternal Shadows ORPG

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
EternalShadowsORPGBackround7.jpg

Oct 26/07, 11:00pm

Story:
You and your young friends were once living peacfully.
The times have changed.
Every time you make a choice in life, there is a split of time. You specifically follow the split of the choice you made. But there are other "you's" who make the OTHER choices and live in a different world. Sometimes a mistake happens and you get stuck in the wrong choice. Unfortunatly, this happened to you and your friends. You are now trapped in a dimension where most of the world is enhabited by evil monsters. You must overcome this challenge, and fight the monsters until there are none left, and you are the most powerful on earth. Only then, will you be able to return to normal life.​
Sept. 30/07, 10:44am

Dungeons:
Bandit Camp:
Bandits have taken over part of the forest. They have amazing skill and weaponary, take them out and you will receive great rewards from their loot.
PeriusORPG4-1.jpg
PeriusORPG3-1.jpg

Sept. 30/07, 10:54am

Zones:
PeriusORPG7-1.jpg

PeriusORPG5-1.jpg

PeriusORPG6-1.jpg

PeriusORPG2-1.jpg

PeriusORPG9-1.jpg

PeriusORPG1-1.jpg

PeriusORPG8-1.jpg

PeriusORPG10-1.jpg

PeriusORPG11-1.jpg

Oct. 05/07, 10:01pm

Features:
-Flight Paths - Find walking to slow, and feeling rich? Spend your well earned money on a flying mount to take you to cities around the world.
-Minigames - Training getting to ya? Come on down to a minigame organizer in one of the cities and play a minigame! Minigames include: Mazes, TDs, Arenas and Survivals.
-Gambing - Got a good poker face? Come on down to a gambling master and play his gambling games! Chances to win up to 50, 000 gold!
-Class Trainers - There are class trainers for each unique class, allowing for individual alignment towards certain spells. For example, you could max your level 1 spell, and your level 7 one, while leaving all the others at minimum, or not obtaining them at all. Also, this allows for quest-gained spells, so, listen to your class trainer, and follow the chains of class-quests.
Oct. 09/07, 6:09pm
Updated: Oct. 13/07, 11:08am

Classes:
Rogue:
Level 1 - Stab
Level 2 - Stealth
Level 3 - Eye Gouge
Level 5 - Powerful Strike
Level 7 - Solar Plexus

Priest
Level 1 - God's Blessing
Level 2 - Shadowbolt
Level 3 - Song of Life
Level 5 - Holy Light
Level 7 - Heavens Prayer

Defender
Level 1 - Stomp
Level 2 - Taunt
Level 3 - Shield Bash
Level 5 - Avatar
Level 7 - Charge
Oct. 09/07, 6:22pm

Geomancer
Level 1 - Throw Rock
Level 2 - Sand Explosion
Level 3 - Sand Wave
Level 5 - Sand Tornado
Level 7 - Sandstorm
Oct. 16/07, 3:18pm

Quests:
Sticky Spiders
Citizen Bob: Hello there adventurer. I've heard many stories about you and your friends...I hear you will save this world from destruction. I hope you can. I have a small and simple task for you. Kill 10 spiders in the forest north-east of here, and return to me when the task is complete.

Spider Head Soup
Citizen Timmy: Hello. I hear you had some trouble on the journy into this world! Well, I can see you are far stronger than me. Would you mind gathering a spider head for my soup tonight? I would even reward you, seeing as your journy here was difficult.

Tartula
Citizen Bobo: I was hoping for you to eliminate the foul tartula in the forest just north-east from us. He has been terrorizing the citizens here for a long time. I'm not really sure why we call him the tartula, but that is the name he has developed over the years. Maybe now we will finally be rid of that name!

Spider Legs
Citizen Gary: I'm a very arachnophobic person. I dispise spiders, but these days, theres not much else to eat. Bring me a spiders leg, and you will be rewarded.

Spider Legs
Citizen Bob: You've already cleansed this world of ten wretched spiders, but them centaurs are gettin' closer and closer to us as the days pass. Return to me when you have slain ten of them!
Oct. 28/07, 1:33pm

Monsters and Their Drops:
Spider
HP: 45
Damage: 1-1
Defense: 0
Drops: Spiders Leg (10%), Spiders Head (10%), Spiders Eye (2%).

Forest Spider
Level: 1
HP: 50
Damage: 1-2

Black Spider
Level: 1
HP: 55
Damage: 1-3

Centaur Drudge
Level: 2
HP: 75
Damage: 2-4
Drops: Centaurs Axe (10%), Centaurs Helmet (10%), Ring of the Centaur (2%).

Centaur Archer
Level: 2
HP: 50
Damage: 3-7
Drops: Centaurs Bow (10%), Centaurs Helmet (10%), Ring of the Centaur (2%).

Skeleton Warrior
Level: 3
HP: 125
Damage: 5-12
Defense: 2
Drops: Skeleton Shield (10%), Skeleton Sword (2%).

Skeleton Archer
Level: 3
HP: 100
Damage: 7-16
Drops: NONE

Acolyte
Level: 4
HP: 150
Damage: 7-12
Defense: 3
Drops: Cursed Cloak (2%).

Giant Wolf
Level: 5
HP: 175
Damage: 9-14
Drops: Wolf Fur (10%), Wolf Head(10%), Wolf Claw (2%).

Dire Wolf
Level: 6
HP: 200
Damage: 10-16
Drops: Wolf Fur (10%), Wolf Head(10%), Wolf Claw (2%).

TRAILER:
[YOUTUBE]AuX7IcA-uRs[/YOUTUBE]

KnightsOfTables:cool:

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
well, the terrain looks pretty nice but you got some other features? Cool custom spells? A unique inventary system or something?
In last screeny you should use the high brush and in second you should put some more trees or you can jsut look through trees onto sky. unrealistic :)

edit:
Why all RPGs begin with a bandit camp?

Knights

Reaction score
Updated first post.

>but you got some other features?
Yes, but they will only be disclosed when they are finished.

>you should use the high brush
???? :confused:

>you should put some more trees or you can jsut look through trees onto sky. unrealistic
???? :confused:

Thanks,
Knights:cool:

Knights

Reaction score
If you're talking about terrain, wait till you get ingame, it's really nice.

The game is going to mostly be focused on the features anyways, but I will not post them until they are completed or nearly finished.

Thanks,

Knights

Reaction score
Added all item drops, working on professions and quests.

K

KiD-X

The story seems like an interesting concept to base a game off. I would definately play test this map just to see how you are going to implement the concept into actual gamplay. Exciting stuff. One thing about your thread tho, the screenshots are nice and of high quality, but man, when I look at them they just seem that bit "too big". maybe u should resize them a little so I don't blow a retina next time I check out your thread lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please visit my Survivalism project Betzalel : Decadence here!

KID-X

Knights

Reaction score
Screenshots resized.

The story-line is only unique, the gameplay isn't much different to other ORPGs mind the different features, but they have nothing to do with the story. The only thing thats involving the story is like, the quests, and what some poeople say, and certain people you meet to help you get 'out' of that dimension.

Knights

Reaction score
The features list is going to be added as the features are added. That way it keeps things clean. I hate releasing things that are 'planned' but never actually doing them, or finding them impossible/rigged/unbalanced/whatever else that would make it not work...

Thanks,

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Another game Knights, I can help you test stuff for you again like Mystica RPG still got like 20 versions of that game in my list. My new Bnet name = Linkinpark_Ftw
add me.

Looks good atm =)

Knights

Reaction score
UPDATES TO FIRST POST:
Features:
-Flight Paths

Classes:
Rogue:
Level 1 - Stab
Level 2 - Stealth
Level 3 - Eye Gouge
Level 5 - Powerful Strike
Level 7 - Solar Plexus

Priest
Level 1 - God's Blessing
Level 2 - Shadowbolt
Level 3 - Song of Life
Level 5 - Holy Light
Level 7 - Heavens Prayer

Defender
Level 1 - Stomp
Level 2 - Taunt
Level 3 - Shield Bash
Level 5 - Avatar
Level 7 - Charge
Oct. 09/07, 6:22pm

Thanks,

Knights

Reaction score
UPDATES TO FIRST POST:
Features:
-Flight Paths - Find walking to slow, and feeling rich? Spend your well earned money on a flying mount to take you to cities around the world.
-Minigames - Training getting to ya? Come on down to a minigame organizer in one of the cities and play a minigame! Minigames include: Mazes, TDs, Arenas and Survivals.
-Gambing - Got a good poker face? Come on down to a gambling maniac and play his gambling games! Chances to win up to 50, 000 gold!
Updated: Oct. 13/07, 11:08am

Quests:
Sticky Spiders
Citizen Bob: Hello there adventurer. I've heard many stories about you and your friends...I hear you will save this world from destruction. I hope you can. I have a small and simple task for you. Kill 10 spiders in the forest north-east of here, and return to me when the task is complete.

Spider Head Soup
Citizen Timmy: Hello. I hear you had some trouble on the journy into this world! Well, I can see you are far stronger than me. Would you mind gathering a spider head for my soup tonight? I would even reward you, seeing as your journy here was difficult.

Tartula
Citizen Bobo: I was hoping for you to eliminate the foul tartula in the forest just north-east from us. He has been terrorizing the citizens here for a long time. I'm not really sure why we call him the tartula, but that is the name he has developed over the years. Maybe now we will finally be rid of that name!
Oct. 13/07, 11:14am

ALSO ADDED:
Full list of mobs up to date.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
You think the map gonna be big enough for all that? Cause fitting in mazes,tds arenas and survivals takes like a huge chunk.

Knights

Reaction score
It will be big enough. =) Since max level is 25, most of the map will be taken up by zones, but you only need 10-15 zones to get somone to level 25. The rest can be for PvP, minigames, dungeons, etc.

Knights

Reaction score
Please Welcome The:
Geomancer
Level 1 - Throw Rock
Level 2 - Sand Explosion
Level 3 - Sand Wave
Level 5 - Sand Tornado
Level 7 - Sandstorm
Oct. 16/07, 3:18pm

You guys:
Suggest heroes, please try to format it the same way I format the ones above, except put a description of the spell next to it. I only need them up to level 7.

Thanks,

Knights

Reaction score
Updated:
TRAILER:
[YOUTUBE]AuX7IcA-uRs[/YOUTUBE]

M

Moontraveler

One thing I have to say is that I think this has potential but I don't think this is impressive. All the features you showed me I have seen before. The terrain is bland and is extremely flat for an outdoor area. Though those are my only complaints and if you are able to add things that weren't seen in many other ORPGs it might actually be very good. Heck I'll try to give you a class.

Necromancer:
Level 1- Raise Zombie.
Level 2- Decay Flesh. (Poison.)
Level 3- Raise Skeleton
Level 4- Cripple (Slows down attack and movement speed.)
Level 5- Raise Ghoul
Level 6- Spirit Explosion (An AOE attack that bursts from the the user causing damage around it.)
Level 7- Raise Abomination

Knights

Reaction score
>The terrain is bland and is extremely flat for an outdoor area
Yep, ATM it's all square and flat. Once it's all terrained is when I begin the actual "realism" of the terrain, it's just that I'm a logical person and I love it when theres a 'section' of the map for each zone.

> All the features you showed me I have seen before.
Keyword: you showed me

I'll use the necro class but not nessicarily with so many summons.

Thanks,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.