"Expected a function name"

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im making a trigger... dont need to go into more details.

im using WEU, because of the advance functions. (i DONT jass)

anyway, i use the
Code:
"Advanced - Wait for event: A unit enters rect (Rect centered at Spells_Goblin_Leap_Point[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] with size (1.00, 1.00)). Check every 0.10 seconds."

function and when saving the map, an error comes up
expected a function name. this line is highlighted. this is what is mentioned above.
Code:
    call WaitForEnterRectEvent( RectFromCenterSizeBJ(udg_Spells_Goblin_Leap_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))], 1.00, 1.00), 0.10 )

how do i fix this?

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Just a wild guess here, try setting the region to a variable and then use that variable in the action... Another, better suggestion is don't use WEU. Also you can wait until boolean whatever is true and when an event triggers set that boolean to true....

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its not a region... its a point, which i create the region around.. ok kinda confusing...

i realised i could just make another trigger... and turn it on after the actions before the wait for, and then add the actions after teh wait for into it... this would complicate it, and i'd rather it in 1 trigger.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> its a point

I know...

Set RegionVar = (Rect centered at Spells_Goblin_Leap_Point[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] with size (1.00, 1.00))

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> its a point

I know...

Set RegionVar = (Rect centered at Spells_Goblin_Leap_Point[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] with size (1.00, 1.00))

i think i understand what your trying to say...
(make the region seperatly, then do the wait action?)
it probably still wouldnt work because im pretty sure the region is made correctly, but the wait action doesnt work..

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
That's not a native. Or a function in blizzard.j. That's not in normal WE, and there's your problem. All I can say is don't use WEU.

edit: I'm talking about WaitForEnterRectEvent(..)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
In order for Advanced triggers to work you need to enable them in the WEU Enhancer.
But WEU is an obsolete tool, keep that in mind.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok, so, if i were to remove the "wait for", how would i achieve the same effect in ONE trigger?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump.

... ahh crap.. didnt realize i sent my previous message at PM not AM.
sorry for the 12 hour bump?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Alright, make sure you do not add to many triggers (From WEU Enhancer) it can add up to 1.5k to your map size!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.