Sci/Tech Exposing Kids To 10 Hours Of Science A Year Makes Them Smarter

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
because things don't magically happen without a reason
Maybe it does? Anyway, when children feel safe and secure, they learn to trust other people, and also makes them willing to learn. Not by threats or Forcing someone to learn anything.

... do we have to kidnap you Flamin' Kitten, and then show you how effective it is?
"Go ahead, make my day" But it won't be easy.! Beware!

Hehe @Accname

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
We'll bring a bucket of water, don't worry. We'll put you out, buddy, you're just gonna have to hold on.
AND NO, things do not magically happen. And when your kid is in that environment learning to trust everyone, they forget to really teach them much about NOT trusting someone, which leads to the naive kids we have now. And yes forcing someone to learn is the best. I would never have done math or economics if I hadn't been forced to go, and now I'm going to school for actuarial mathematics.

FireCat

Reaction score
We'll bring a bucket of water

And when your kid is in that environment learning to trust everyone, they forget to really teach them much about NOT trusting someone, which leads to the naive kids we have now. And yes forcing someone to learn is the best. I would never have done math or economics if I hadn't been forced to go, and now I'm going to school for actuarial mathematics.
Sure they "should know" there is bad people out there. . who can hurt them bad. But they need to know that on early age. Before School? hmm But also there is good people out there to. And NO I don't agree, they won't learn anything which they are not ready for. And you can't force someone to learn something. Maybe you did like it, but you didn't show it?

Oh, you want to give me water to drink?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
In short, science helps students get interested in learning. That's the whole point. :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Oh, you want to give me water to drink?

only until your name changes to WaterCat or UnFireCat
safety may have something to do with learning to trust.. but perhaps the other way around - do you trust people who tell you not to touch razor blades more before or after you play with them and cut your finger? but what about academic learning, such as what is being discussed - why would being safe make 2+2 = 4 easier to understand?
onlat

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
"Say that 2+2 doesn't equal 4 again!"
"I dare you!"
"I double dare you, mother fucker!"
"Say 2+2 doesn't equal 4 one more god damn time!"

I'm pretty sure something like that'd make kids learn faster..

Varine

Reaction score
"Say that 2+2 doesn't equal 4 again!"
"I dare you!"
"I double dare you, mother fucker!"
"Say 2+2 doesn't equal 4 one more god damn time!"

I'm pretty sure something like that'd make kids learn faster..

Yeah I was thinking something like this thing pops into the classroom:

guns-do-not-kill-people-demotivational-poster.jpg

The shark puts a ramp up the window and guards it, while another shark takes care of the other exits. Then they say: The ramp makes a triangle with the wall and floor. The hypotenuse of this triangle is 8 feet, while the adjacent edge is 3. Find the slope, expressed as m in the equation y=mx+b, and you will be able to get out of the ramp, assuming you manage to do so while I am grading your work and distracted. You have thirty seconds.

After thirty seconds, they start to take out students.

Yeah... you would learn how to do that shit real fucking quick.

FireCat

Reaction score
do you trust people who tell you not to touch razor blades more before or after you play with them and cut your finger? but what about academic learning, such as what is being discussed - why would being safe make 2+2 = 4 easier to understand?
Well, that depends, because curiosity is our greatest resource for learning, kinda way.. Right? And (2+2 = 4) Because it's the right answer? Hahaha there's no way I would change

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Right? And (2+2 = 4) Because it's the right answer?

and does the answer change if you are safe or not? if kids for some reason say the answer is 3, and they feel safe, do they have any incentive to change if the teacher gives them candy anyways, even if they are wrong? because they definitely will change it if they can't go outside to play until they get the right answer

FireCat

Reaction score
and does the answer change if you are safe or not? if kids for some reason say the answer is 3, and they feel safe, do they have any incentive to change if the teacher gives them candy anyways, even if they are wrong? because they definitely will change it if they can't go outside to play until they get the right answer
School is there to lean out! not to punish kids. If a kid said wrong answer then so be it. Maybe they'll get it right next time.. with help from the teachers. Not from candy or Force you until you know the answer.. That's Just wrong

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I may have to report this thread to the authorities... :(

FireCat

Reaction score
I may have to report this thread to the authorities... :(
Well, It's pretty frightening and scary thread.
Shark with a weapon, kidnapping, threats, water thingy hmm etc...

Varine

Reaction score
School is there to lean out! not to punish kids. If a kid said wrong answer then so be it. Maybe they'll get it right next time.. with help from the teachers. Not from candy or Force you until you know the answer.. That's Just wrong

And in many places around the world that methodology is an abysmal failure. We need to change the methodology of how we educate the children, and I think that force should be considered as a viable option until it's proven it's ineffective. Which it won't be, therefore it is the perfect system.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
And social interaction is what may causes kids to get punished for what's right, causes kids to get off-track, get bullied, etc., or get better grades, be more competitive, earn friendships, etc...

School is just in a neutral zone.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Let's not punish anyone!
Everyone is special!
Everyone is a winner!
There are no stupid children!
All are equal!

Varine

Reaction score
Let's not punish anyone!
Everyone is special!
Everyone is a winner!
There are no stupid children!
All are equal!

The ones that get out are equal. The ones that don't? They don't matter because they don't know basic algebra and are of no benefit to society. And the shark men shot them so... you know, they're dead too. A side effect of getting shot is dying sometimes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.