Faking Avatar

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Is there anyway to fake Avatar? That is getting no advantages of it's effect, and having the effect in an other spell or something. I just want Mountain King to be able to use lets say Berserk and then illustrate it as if he used Avatar. The effect is easility fixed, the problems are making him Stone altered (possible with adding animation tag, I know. That does not however effect his face in the frame.
So the biggest problem I have really is to change his face to the stonish face.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How about using Metamorphosis? If you want i made it i will send it. Just reply here

Danis[h]

Reaction score
I don't know if it will work, but if you send a cinematics transmission from a unit without the letterbox mode it will show the unit in the portrait window for the duration of the transmission..

However you have to note that if you select any other unit the avatar won't change, it will remain as the transmitting unit.

Rainther

Reaction score
That transmission thingie fails, thanks anyways.

And does Metamorphosis switch the unit? And can I modify the transform effect?

And Metamorphis doesn't give a visual buff, I hope?

Rainther

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I tried before. It changes him to Avatar form, but doesn't affect the face portrait. :(

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
why not let beserk give the animation of avatar?

Devrak

Reaction score
Can't you just use the avatar ability with no bonuses and give him the berserk buff via a trigger?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
no you can only remove buffs with trigger not add

Rainther

Reaction score
Can't you just use the avatar ability with no bonuses and give him the berserk buff via a trigger?

I don't know how to disable magic immunity of avatar first of all:eek:

Rainther

Reaction score
Anybuddy else got any suggestion? Haven't managed to try if it's possible to make a nice overtone with metamorphisis. Does any one else know? :D

trees123

Reaction score
You could...take the long way and make a model of the fake avatar, then just switch it in and back whenever the spell is activated/expired.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>no you can only remove buffs with trigger not add

technically, you could create a dummy unit with a skill like a modified Inner Fire with modified buffs and order it to cast

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
ummm, I'm wondering if I'm wrong, but isn't there a really easy solution to this?

Give the unit Avatar, put all the normal bonuses to 0. Then in the "stats - buffs" just add berserk :S.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
So the biggest problem I have really is to change his face to the stonish face.
in the first place, why is this a very BIG problem? it's just gfx.. it doesnt affect gameplay.

if you want to change the 'name' in the timer bar,
just cnp the original avatar buff, rename it "Berserk" and then replace the buffs field with the Berserk buff.

Rainther

Reaction score
in the first place, why is this a very BIG problem? it's just gfx.. it doesnt affect gameplay.

As true as it may be, it's still bothering me. I'm not entirely sure either on how Avatar works. Is it an other from of morphing spell or something? And is it possible to remove the magic immunity granted from it?

Anybuddy knows how Dota's hero Zeus (Mountain King with alternate form) got changed portrait? They're probably not changing models since I remember him gaining normal face and form once the good O'l avatar item (which is now remade) wore of.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Do an avatar with no bonuses and then have a unit cast bloodlust on him with art and buff effects changed. It gives you the same effect as berserk.

Also, make sure your bloodlust is set so that it doesn't increase the unit's size.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.