Weird Father sells Guitar Hero III for $9K as punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
MONTREAL (AFP) - After catching his 15-year-old smoking pot, a father sold the hard-to-get "Guitar Hero III" video game he bought his son for 90 dollars for Christmas at an online auction, fetching 9,000 dollars.

The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.

"So I was so relieved in that I had finally got the Holy Grail of Christmas presents pretty much just in the nick of time. I couldn't wait to spread the jubilance to my son," the father wrote on the eBay website.

"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends."

---
Moral of this incident: Smoke pot.

Last edited by a moderator:

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Lol I dnt want to smoke isn't there is a huge aniti smoking thing now lol putting kids off witch is good

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hehe
"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars"

Yay for the anti-smoking movement!
Dad's just jelous he didn't get none.

turok255

Reaction score
Wow... If that was me my old man would of said I was off the hook once somone paid 9k for a game... GH sucks anyways you press like 4 or 5 buttons... make a game where you have to really play then I might test it in the store or somthing :rolleyes:

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
To be honest, this is poor reporting. I'm really wondering why in the world some Aussie lay down $9,000 for a video game.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
The father deserves to die.

I would be glad if he did die, actually.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> Hero.

Hmm... o_O

Actually, now if the father decides to buy it again, he just made a profit of 8,910$. That is assuming he can find it again.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
> Hero.

Hmm... o_O

Actually, now if the father decides to buy it again, he just made a profit of 8,910$. That is assuming he can find it again.

Well...he needs to find it again then maybe he deserves to live :cool:

Father_Yetti

Reaction score

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Come on dad, this kid obvious was just trying to be a rock star. :rolleyes: I truly get a kick out of the fall of young teenagers who think they are unique/rock stars.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Hell, I'd be pissed if I was the parent. Going to that much trouble just to have your kid turn around and do that?

well, not THAT much pot, obviously. Take a breather.

Agreed and agreed. Are you guys seriously mad at the father? He has his kid's best interest involved...and just made 9k to boot?

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
This is just... well... ridiculous, I guess. First off, why in God's good name would anyone buy that crappy game for $9,100? Don't get me wrong, I like Guitar Hero and all, but $90 alone is too much money to be spending on that game, let alone the 9k. I think if anyone should be mad at anyone, it should be the common person who's angry at the Australian for making our entire species look even worse.

And now secondly, as a... marijuana enthusiast, let's say... I don't think that there should have been a problem with the dad. Now, that's not saying that I don't understand why he was angry; marijuana is a drug, and I suppose the majority of the country must be opposed to it if it's still so illegal. Plus, at age 15, marijuana could inhibit further neurological development that continues until you are approximately 25 years old, and as a teacher I could see how this could be especially troublesome to him.

Weed ain't that bad, though, at least compared to any other recreational substance, tobacco and alcohol most certainly included, and it isn't something to ruin everyone's Christmas over. Christmas should be more important than most things, in my opinion, as it is the one day where people act as Jesus wished they would; everyone giving to each other, worrying more about how those they love are faring than anything else. Christmas is a magical day, and just because your kid fucked up doesn't mean that they should be punished. Instead, you gotta love 'em harder than ever.

Word.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yeah! If they slap you in the cheek, give them the other! If your son does weed, give him more!

Now seriously, have you seen the effect of people doing weed? I've lost friends thanks to weed. One week they are perfectly normal, they try it, now they're begging and stealing for just some weed. Weed leads to bigger drugs, drugs that can damage your brain, so no, weed doesn't inhibit anything in anybody anywhere.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Wow... If that was me my old man would of said I was off the hook once somone paid 9k for a game... GH sucks anyways you press like 4 or 5 buttons... make a game where you have to really play then I might test it in the store or somthing :rolleyes:

Thats what you do in EVERY game. Push buttons, and move a joystick. Music games are fun, and using that as an example is a bad excuse. It's harder to "play" than most other games.
And to everyone saying weed isn't bad, sure. It's one of the least long term problems drugs, but most people that use weed get bored of it. They move onto harder drugs.

Weed is still Illegal, and no matter how much you tell yourself that it's not, or that there are no problems with smoking it, the problems aren't going to go away and it's not going to become legal. Ignorance does not make it legal. Is it really worth the money and hiding it from the general population of the world, and your family, to do? No.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
And now secondly, as a... marijuana enthusiast, let's say... I don't think that there should have been a problem with the dad. Now, that's not saying that I don't understand why he was angry; marijuana is a drug, and I suppose the majority of the country must be opposed to it if it's still so illegal. Plus, at age 15, marijuana could inhibit further neurological development that continues until you are approximately 25 years old, and as a teacher I could see how this could be especially troublesome to him.

Weed ain't that bad, though, at least compared to any other recreational substance, tobacco and alcohol most certainly included, and it isn't something to ruin everyone's Christmas over. Christmas should be more important than most things, in my opinion, as it is the one day where people act as Jesus wished they would; everyone giving to each other, worrying more about how those they love are faring than anything else. Christmas is a magical day, and just because your kid fucked up doesn't mean that they should be punished. Instead, you gotta love 'em harder than ever.

Word.

While I detected an overall attempt at a good message there, that was still some of the stupid load of "pro-weed" crap I've ever heard.

The father deserves to die.

I would be glad if he did die, actually.

And this. Well.

These are the words of someone we do not need on this site :) I hope you're kidding. For your sake.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The game was $9000 cuz there were only a limited number made for Wii.

As for your weed preferences, keep them to yourselves. No one cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.