RPG FF Open RPG II

EpicFlux

Reaction score
You got to remember though, the people that made it, WORK for Blizzard. I would expect nothing less than that from people like them, especially with the time they had. They could probably make something even better in just a day.

Anyways, to the project:

Galaxy Editor will be far better for a project like this.
If you think Starcraft doesn't have an RPG feel, I think you're sadly mistaken. The editor is nearly 10 years ahead of WC3. Obtaining an RPG feel for a game will be much easier than you think, especially after a couple months into SC2's initial release. New models made by very experienced people around the world will be flooding the hiveworkshop and other noteable websites for SC2.

I could go on and on, but, I think you've got the basic idea.

I say you develope this RPG for Warcraft 3, and learn from it for when you get the Galaxy Editor. It'll make you feel more comfortable, and you'll also have the basic ideas down for your map.

Good luck! :cool:

I understand that Galaxy Editor will be much more advanced, their for going to be extremely more powerful with a wider array of scripting and map size, but Starcraft 2 is not RPG based like Warcraft 3 was. Yes it has RPG elements for WC3 was just far more designed that way with its hero system. But I can't really tell till single player for SC2 is released along with the Galaxy Editor. As for the mean time I know my way around the World Editor just as much as IceFrog and TheCorporal, it's just a decision to decide whether or not I finish FF Open RPG II or not. Provided some help since I don't have time to do everything with final exams coming up. Along with the ACT and SAT and ASVAB test coming within the next month or two.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I understand that Galaxy Editor will be much more advanced, their for going to be extremely more powerful with a wider array of scripting and map size, but Starcraft 2 is not RPG based like Warcraft 3 was. Yes it has RPG elements for WC3 was just far more designed that way with its hero system. But I can't really tell till single player for SC2 is released along with the Galaxy Editor. As for the mean time I know my way around the World Editor just as much as IceFrog and TheCorporal, it's just a decision to decide whether or not I finish FF Open RPG II or not. Provided some help since I don't have time to do everything with final exams coming up. Along with the ACT and SAT and ASVAB test coming within the next month or two.

I see where you're coming from, the choice is yours.
Blizzard has already stated that there will be a hero system available in the editor, and that it will be far more advanced. But, yeah, education>your map.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Yeah my education is way more important then this but it was World Editor all these years that kept me sane when I had insane study sessions. I'll need that when I start hitting the tests. And the tests will only consume a week of my life but I still need to keep my mind focused till then with some occasional studying.

Anyways I think I'll bring this back. I'm gonna need new staff since well, I don't think they feel like working on this again XD

Feel free to apply here.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
haha :p i'm big fan of this map and was just browsing around to see if i can find the latest and to no avail. Then i ran into this thread and was supppppppper happy that it was gonna be continued :S ill would be extremely happy if its normal view and made in warcraft 3 :D
by the way is there a clan on uswest? or a website for this...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.