RPG FF Open RPG II

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I have not been able to contact Epic for quite some time now....

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
We could be working at a much faster pace but Epic hasn't been on much it appears.

Balnocoria

Reaction score
yeah. i wish he would be on more. i cant wait for this map. im making an rpg of my own right now, nothing like this though.

emjlr3

Reaction score
ive made the Save Load code, and went through and optimized/updated what triggers he had started - aside from that I have not heard a thing from him

emjlr3

Reaction score
so I guess this is dead....sad....

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Wow. To think, 2 years ago we were close to another great Open RPG for WC3. Well I am considering bringing the project back. I lost track of all my files since my computer was torn apart in an investigation from the FBI. No kidding either. When my computer was sent to Cali to visit my dad, we got a call saying the drug dogs barked at my box. They stripped the thing down even to the hard drive since they were stilling getting the dogs barking at it. Idk what to say but I thought I had lost everything until now. Just a few days ago I was looking through old backup dvd's and found my warcraft 3 map folder snuggled away. Within it, the open copy of FF Open RPG II just as it was left.

Now with Starcraft 2 only months away, I am left to wonder, would it be worth still doing? It was fun at the start and still can be. I do not mind bringing this back but it's gonna have to have support from the community and a major want from everybody.

Anyways, it's up to you all. I'll periodically read all yalls posts. If I see enough want and love, I'll restart the project. Though know this, once Galaxy Editor is released (I'm in Starcraft II beta), I am gonna direct more then 80% of my life to learning it as I did with World Editor. I won't drop the project but times running short. Ide love to see this map out before sometime between now and June 1st. I could even release the first half and just add as I go, kinda like expansions. Would help get the idea out their and see if it's worth finishing to the bone. After that, I'll keep in touch with it. Release updates and patches from time to time to make sure it stays unique and fun for those who still enjoy old school Warcraft 3 custom maps. If you have anything to contribute, I suggest you post it here.

I also still own the rights to ffopenrpg.com

:cool:

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Wow. To think, 2 years ago we were close to another great Open RPG for WC3. Well I am considering bringing the project back. I lost track of all my files since my computer was torn apart in an investigation from the FBI. No kidding either. When my computer was sent to Cali to visit my dad, we got a call saying the drug dogs barked at my box. They stripped the thing down even to the hard drive since they were stilling getting the dogs barking at it. Idk what to say but I thought I had lost everything until now. Just a few days ago I was looking through old backup dvd's and found my warcraft 3 map folder snuggled away. Within it, the open copy of FF Open RPG II just as it was left.

Now with Starcraft 2 only months away, I am left to wonder, would it be worth still doing? It was fun at the start and still can be. I do not mind bringing this back but it's gonna have to have support from the community and a major want from everybody.

Anyways, it's up to you all. I'll periodically read all yalls posts. If I see enough want and love, I'll restart the project. Though know this, once Galaxy Editor is released (I'm in Starcraft II beta), I am gonna direct more then 80% of my life to learning it as I did with World Editor. I won't drop the project but times running short. Ide love to see this map out before sometime between now and June 1st. I could even release the first half and just add as I go, kinda like expansions. Would help get the idea out their and see if it's worth finishing to the bone. After that, I'll keep in touch with it. Release updates and patches from time to time to make sure it stays unique and fun for those who still enjoy old school Warcraft 3 custom maps. If you have anything to contribute, I suggest you post it here.

I also still own the rights to ffopenrpg.com

:cool:
Solution: Make final fantasy 13 on starcraft 2,

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Solution: Make final fantasy 13 on starcraft 2,

Nothing will beat Warcraft RPG wise to be honest. I mean theirs so much you can do with it since it has such a RPG element to it. Starcraft I don't see that happening unless we make custom models. XD

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Nothing will beat Warcraft RPG wise to be honest. I mean theirs so much you can do with it since it has such a RPG element to it. Starcraft I don't see that happening unless we make custom models. XD

Well... They showed a game made in minutes that was a first person shooter with custom GUI and you could go underground. That's pretty RPG-ish.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well... They showed a game made in minutes that was a first person shooter with custom GUI and you could go underground. That's pretty RPG-ish.

You got to remember though, the people that made it, WORK for Blizzard. I would expect nothing less than that from people like them, especially with the time they had. They could probably make something even better in just a day.

Anyways, to the project:

Galaxy Editor will be far better for a project like this.
If you think Starcraft doesn't have an RPG feel, I think you're sadly mistaken. The editor is nearly 10 years ahead of WC3. Obtaining an RPG feel for a game will be much easier than you think, especially after a couple months into SC2's initial release. New models made by very experienced people around the world will be flooding the hiveworkshop and other noteable websites for SC2.

I could go on and on, but, I think you've got the basic idea.

I say you develope this RPG for Warcraft 3, and learn from it for when you get the Galaxy Editor. It'll make you feel more comfortable, and you'll also have the basic ideas down for your map.

Good luck! :cool:

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
You got to remember though, the people that made it, WORK for Blizzard. I would expect nothing less than that from people like them, especially with the time they had. They could probably make something even better in just a day.

Anyways, to the project:

Galaxy Editor will be far better for a project like this.
If you think Starcraft doesn't have an RPG feel, I think you're sadly mistaken. The editor is nearly 10 years ahead of WC3. Obtaining an RPG feel for a game will be much easier than you think, especially after a couple months into SC2's initial release. New models made by very experienced people around the world will be flooding the hiveworkshop and other noteable websites for SC2.

I could go on and on, but, I think you've got the basic idea.

I say you develope this RPG for Warcraft 3, and learn from it for when you get the Galaxy Editor. It'll make you feel more comfortable, and you'll also have the basic ideas down for your map.

Good luck! :cool:

Your forgetting a key concept: Warcraft 3 was made to have rpg elements, sc2 was not

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.