RPG FF Open RPG II

EpicFlux

Reaction score
I want it to save, Gold/Lumber, Heroes items, level, and I also wanna set up a variable so people can save in a town and load their. Also I wanna make an inventory book that open up 30 extra inventory spaces. Something like that was done in another RPG.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
save all items on extended inventory.......

no saving of abilities?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
One thing I liked about another RPG map was that the inventory was not on your character, you go into a spereate place, and there you have say 4 building each with 6 slots to store items. It was much better then having an item to open more slots.

Also, what would be sweet would be any armour or weapons are equipped to you and don't take space in the inventory. That would be chill.

Thing to remember:

In Final Fantasy you do not learn abilities like in Dragon Quest, you don't learn them by 'leveling up' then auto getting it. Usually they have a spereate system for it.

It would also be cool to include HP/MP/Power/Speed/etc... Sphere. (Temporary bonus effect maybe?)

Now, will the heroes be new heroes or one from final fantasys?

If from final fantasys I would suggest using Balthier (12), Vivi (9), and Delita (Tactics)*

*A must I would play your map just for that!

on a side note, I love final fantasy, I own almost every one released missing maybe 5 max. As you can tell by my signature. ;)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
you should not just put words for a teaser trailer, add some terrain and some screenshots or action of the game to get the players to have a need to play the game. this was my first time seeing a trailer with words only.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
lol a Teaser is to just kind of tickle the tongue so some do jsut have words kinda like transformers, minus a shadowy robot beating the shit out of the mars rover. And also, their is exactly 0 terrain so unless you want blank space... Deal with it XD I will release a gameplay trailer soon ounce we got some AI mechanics down.

emjlr3

Reaction score
not sure about the extended inven part - first off I dont even know how the one in the map will work - and second - with items/abilities/gold/etc. the save load code is getting pretty damned big ;)

emjlr3

Reaction score
Save/Load is created and functionally sound

now on to more important things...

EpicFlux

Reaction score
ALPHA TEST SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!!!!!

If you wanna be an alpha tester please PM me.
We need only 5 at the moment.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Map passed over to Dakho. Now he will finish the first town and area, then me and Emil will setup the first 2 heroes, classes, creep spawns, apply the save/load, and Alpha will be ready. Expect alpha to be ready in... maybe a week if that. Need testers, please apply!!!

EpicFlux

Reaction score
lol I'm project lead/ scripter. I could solo this project but I don't have the time. So thats why I got a little help from some friends :) I am mainly gonna be doing triggers with emil.

It says what I do on the first page yeah know.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
ALPHA TEST SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!!!!!

If you wanna be an alpha tester please PM me.
We need only 5 at the moment.

wait, what? You have a little terrain and a save load code, nothing else, and you plan to have an alpha test soon? Wont you need like, heroes, and enemies, and units, and systems, whats the point of a test with nothing to test?

EpicFlux

Reaction score
lol we are testing every little function we put into this so when the map goes Gold it will barely have any bugs. And I never said their wouldn't be any heroes. Currently I wanna have 2 heroes, a quest, and the save/load system implemented before any official testing begins. And its called an Alpha for a reason. Its not like its a full release. Only a few people will get to see it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.