FFT RPG Group Project <HELP WANTED!>

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS RPG

Ok, I know what your going to say so don't bother saying it.
  • I need to work on this myself.
  • Don't just ask people for help because your lazy.
  • That's about all I can come up with. :\

For all of you that don't know, Final Fantasy Tactics ,(FFT), is a thrilling RPG with a unique turn-based battle system and a fantastic job system released for the PS1 in the 1990's. This game has been a favorite of mine ever since I first played it. I know the story front and back, the characters, you name it. The only problem is that I'm not that great of a map maker yet. I know, :thdown: for me. This is why I need some help putting together a great map. If you are interested please post your reply on what position you would like. Here are the current positions that I need. (I will keep it updated.)

Project Manager: CheesyBeefy
Story: CheesyBeefy
Terrainer 1: Geoff.L
Terrainer 2: GUNDAM
Trigger Writer 1: Geoff.L
Trigger Writer 2: 1337Elite
Ability Maker 1: Unfilled
Ability Maker 2: PureOwnage
Ability Maker 3: The_X
Unit Maker: Whitewater

Thanks for either looking at this or considering it.

Cheers,
CheesyBeefy :thup:

All slots are filled and we're ready to get started!!

Shortly I will PM all of the people that will be working on this what they need to get started on.

Unfortunately, Geoff.L will be gone until Monday, so we won't be able to see the battle system's beta yet.

MEETING TIME: Everyone working on this, meet @ 12 Noon PST (3 PM EST) Saturday July 1 on USEast in channel FFT RPG!

SIDENOTES:

GUNDAM, check the attachment for images of the first battlefields, I want you to do some basic terrains of those.

131lackout, I can't send you a PM, so here it is but on the topic.

Since your a ability maker, I want you working the following abilities that I will explain to you. (Will give you many more later) Right now:

131ackout Do the first half.
Fire 4: Creates a giant explosion with a very high AOE dealing devastating damage.

Ice: Creates and ice shard at the target and deals AOE damage.
Ice 2: Creates a larger ice shard above the target's head dealing more powerful AOE damage.

Pureownage, work on this second half of the abilities.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Ice 3: A large 1 story tall block of ice smashes into the target dealing massive AOE damage.
Ice 4: Massive shards of ice fly in from all directions, with very large AOE dealing devastating damage.

Bolt: Fires a bolt of lighting down from the sky at the target dealing AOE damage.
Bolt 2: 2 Bolts are combined into one dealing AOE damage that is more powerful.
Bolt 3: Creates a ball of lighting around the target and 3 bolt strikes deal massive AOE damage to the target.
Bolt 4: A large thunderstorm rumbles across a massive AOE dealing devastating damage.

THE_X Here are your abilities.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Accumulate: Increases the unit's physical attack by one for the current battle. (Self-Targeted)
Dash: Tackles the opponent with a chance to knock them back one square. (Target, melee range)
Throw Stone: Throws a rock from a distance, dealing damage and possible chance of knockback. (No stun) (Target)
Heal: Cures any abnormal statuses. (Poison, slow, berserk, etc...) (Target, melee range)
Counter Tackle: Has a chance to cast dash on the attacker when the unit receives damage. (Only for melee attacks) (This one would require triggers. It's a reaction ability, happens when a certain event fires.)
Defend: Decreases the % chance of a succesful attack on the unit. (Self-Targeted)
Move +1: Increase the distance a unit can move by one tile. (Active/Passive, not sure of the difference :p)

Those are the spells I want you to work on for now 131ackout, Pureownage and The_X. GL :thup:

Attachments

• chapter1.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 225
Reaction score
if all your really doing is writing a story nobody will want to help with the map. they could just make on their own if they could be a terrainer / triggerer

131ackout

I'm going for Ability Maker. I'm good at making abilities, not for triggers. :(

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Terrainer: TBA
Trigger Writer: TBA

Those are the two big ones. The people that do those are really who made the map. Not the person who wrote the story.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I understand that, I'm not taking credit as the map maker, this is a group effort.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
well i have never seen anything from "FF", but, i'm able to terrain... if you guys would tell me what to make, i see the proplem, but if you want i can join...

but anyway, i've created alot of terrain, and i like it myself, and not just couse i like myself, actually its good... but anyway if you can deal with the leaks i've told about, then i'll join (how do we communicate?)

EDIT:
well just figured out that i'll be horrible for this job, have just watched some final fantasy vidios, and it looks like some kinda city game, i'm not that good at city terrain... but if its some kinda nature stuff, i'll join

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
heres loads of questions:

- Will Terrain be the squarelike ones from the actual FFT?
- Will Height play any factors?
- Will the Facing also affect damage/hit rate?
- Save/Load?
- Make your own army?
- Jobs/Classes?
- How to get money and what to use it on?
- How would it be played like? Like you have an overview map or do you actually go into dungeons, random battles pop up, win and go on?
- Bosses?
- Teaming up?

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
heres loads of questions:

- Will Terrain be the squarelike ones from the actual FFT?
- Will the Facing also affect damage/hit rate?
- Save/Load?
- Make your own army?
- Jobs/Classes?
- How to get money and what to use it on?
- How would it be played like? Like you have an overview map or do you actually go into dungeons, random battles pop up, win and go on?
- Bosses?
- Teaming up?

1. Sorry for misunderstanding the question, but do you mean the square panels during the battle? If so, then yes.
EDIT: >> Forgot the Height Question >> It might or might not, It is too early to tell.
2. EDIT: I tried to figure out how to do this one, but unless someone manages to create some complicated system, I don't think it will work. But that's just me.
3. If this is possible, I am hoping to create sort of a party save/load system so that a group of people and not just individuals can continue their game.
EDIT: >> Forgot the Army Question >> No army's, just your hero.
4. I am including all of the classes from the original FFT as well as unlockable story characters.
5. Money is earned after each battle and used on items and weapons etc...
6. There will be two areas in the map, one part will have a zoomed out overview of Ivalice (The country the game takes place in) Where the Red player will control the party leader and move from place to place. The other side of the map will be separate battle areas to represent the locations.
7. There will be several bosses throughout the game such as the Zodiac Demons and other story characters.
8. Not quite sure how to answer that, you mean work as a party, correct? Then yes.

Hope this gave you a better idea of what the map will hopefully turn out to be.

EDIT:

well i have never seen anything from "FF", but, i'm able to terrain... if you guys would tell me what to make, i see the proplem, but if you want i can join...

but anyway, i've created alot of terrain, and i like it myself, and not just couse i like myself, actually its good... but anyway if you can deal with the leaks i've told about, then i'll join (how do we communicate?)

EDIT: well just figured out that i'll be horrible for this job, have just watched some final fantasy vidios, and it looks like some kinda city game, i'm not that good at city terrain... but if its some kinda nature stuff, i'll join

This game is a lot of nature more than city. It does have some areas such as castles and villages, but thats mostly it. Also a quick side note: FFT is set in Medieval times, not like most new FF games.

trb92

Reaction score
>FFT is set in Medieval times, not like most new FF games.
Really? Tell the Chemists and Mustadio that. They have no problem using Guns that weren't around in Medieval times.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I have played and finished (even put my character to lvl. 70 w/ a powerful clan) Final Fantasy Tactics in my Gameboy Advanced SP, and yeah, it was a great game and I liked the story and various concepts like totemas and laws (if you include those stuff in your RPG). I was literally addicted to the game and playing it every night, I stopped playing since 2 years ago, 'cause I finished the game.

Ivalice is a big place w/ many states and areas, mostly wastelands and cities. It could be hard to terrain but the cities are a bit easier.

I am including all of the classes from the original FFT as well as unlockable story characters.
Black/White Mage, Fencer, Warrior, Fighter, Sage, Ninja, Summoner and furthermore character classes exist in the game.

I can't be much of a help to this map, not even terraining, even when I'm the expert, that's because I'm in at long mapping hours for my Footman war map and CTF before August 8. I wish I could write the whole story but anyways, good luck to your map and lookin' forward to play the map!:D

trb92

Reaction score
You played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. This is about the FFT for the PS1, which has a much different story and different systems. All around, it was actually a betetr game then the GBA one IMO.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
yes. i totally agree with PS1 version > GBA.
ANYWAYS.
I can actually code in the directional facing damage/hit thing for you. its not that hard.
but i either need the combat system, or i can also make that for you, but then i need the map, or some kind of version for it.
and by that, i mean i need a version with the movement you want already in.

EDIT:
if the dude who is terraining needs help, i can do that too.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71208

is my RPG i plan to finish this summer, it has some pics of like 4 out of 100 areas.

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
I am NOT trying to pour cold-water on your heated enthusiasm
I have only played the GBA version, so I am not exactly too sure about it, but overall I have an overview of what the game is about. :D

Before you even start mapping, you should decide on the following:

- Single-Player or Multi-player
FFT is meant for single player, are you making a single player map?
If it is multi-player, how would you make it?

- Turn Based?
FFT is a turn-based game, WC3 is more or less a Real-Time engine.
It is not impossible to make (since someone already made Chess) but it would really be trigger intensive, not to mention you need to code AI for the computer players. Also, being turn-based, think about what the player/s would be doing while the computer is moving.

- Game length
How long would you game be?
If it is single player, you can make it as long as you like.... as long as you have enough content to capture the player's attention. If it is multi-player, usually I would recommend around 1 hour of gameplay.

What you actually want to make.
- An Exact duplicate of the game (Fight scene + Global map)
- Modified version of the game
- Just one fight scene (like playing Chess... with all the grids)
- Reduced version of the game: one BIG world where the unit randomly roams, gain levels, change class.... etc ("Legendary Monsters" or "Bloody Pirates")

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Really? Tell the Chemists and Mustadio that. They have no problem using Guns that weren't around in Medieval times.

Well I don't think they had magic and demons that popped out of rocks either, so I think we'll be ok.

yes. i totally agree with PS1 version > GBA.
ANYWAYS.
I can actually code in the directional facing damage/hit thing for you. its not that hard.
but i either need the combat system, or i can also make that for you, but then i need the map, or some kind of version for it.
and by that, i mean i need a version with the movement you want already in.

EDIT:
if the dude who is terraining needs help, i can do that too.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71208

is my RPG i plan to finish this summer, it has some pics of like 4 out of 100 areas.

Awesome, so you'd be good for doing triggers and terraining? I'll open up a second slot for each. :thup: Thanks.

I am NOT trying to pour cold-water on your heated enthusiasm
I have only played the GBA version, so I am not exactly too sure about it, but overall I have an overview of what the game is about.

Before you even start mapping, you should decide on the following:

- Single-Player or Multi-player
FFT is meant for single player, are you making a single player map?
If it is multi-player, how would you make it?

- Turn Based?
FFT is a turn-based game, WC3 is more or less a Real-Time engine.
It is not impossible to make (since someone already made Chess) but it would really be trigger intensive, not to mention you need to code AI for the computer players. Also, being turn-based, think about what the player/s would be doing while the computer is moving.

- Game length
How long would you game be?
If it is single player, you can make it as long as you like.... as long as you have enough content to capture the player's attention. If it is multi-player, usually I would recommend around 1 hour of gameplay.

What you actually want to make.
- An Exact duplicate of the game (Fight scene + Global map)
- Modified version of the game
- Just one fight scene (like playing Chess... with all the grids)
- Reduced version of the game: one BIG world where the unit randomly roams, gain levels, change class.... etc ("Legendary Monsters" or "Bloody Pirates")

Ok, here's a doozy.

>>Single-Player or Multiplayer
I'm planning on Multiplayer, as a party. As in, each player would get their own character in a party of 5 (more or less).

>>Turn Based?
This is one of the main mechanics built into the original, and is one of the most iconic systems from the game. So yes, I plan on having this in the game, even if it takes a long time and lots of triggers to accomplish. :)

>>Game Length
This is a multi-player game, however I am hoping to impliment some sort of a party save/load system that the party leader gets so that a group of people can continue to play the game for longer.

>>What you actually want to make.
-Modified version of the game.
I don't want an exact replica of the game, because that would take a ridiculous ammount of time. I am including all of the locations on the global map, and lots of generic battlefields (fight scenes). But not all of the fight scenes. Depending on space, time, and if the terrainer's want to do it.

Thanks for the questions everyone. :)

1337Elite

Reaction score

Sorry for just jumping in here without reading the whole thread, but here's the explanation for that statement: All the Final Fantasy games, as far as I'm concerned, are steampunk influenced. Read on Wikipedia for that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk .

And what game is worth playing, if it's realistic? What fun would it be if you just could take one shot and die? That's something worth considering.

sirjasalot

Reaction score
Well what geoff said about height doing any difference i have an idea. I'm not using TFT unfortunately so i can't help you chessy beefy :'(. I'm jsut a novice but i would have helped with what i can. Actually i have TFT but i don't know if my computer would be able to be good ause TFT is big. Anyways back to topic. about the height having any effect, my ideas are the following if it's possible: if an archer for example is on high grounds and a unit having practically no armor is in range of him, then increase the dmg and critical rate using a trigger. If the unit has armor then just give a dmg bonus. If the unit is in water reduce the atk and movement speed. If in tree type of area, decrease the range. As I said i'm a novice and so i don't know if these things are possible. But if this can help those who will be doing the triggers, then i'm glad i was of assistance :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.