RPG Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

MB-Kiyoshi

Reaction score
Project Staff: MB-Kiyoshi, MB-Reimu
Map Name: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Current Progress: 27%
Bosses: 2/10 Completed
Heroes: 4/4 (Skills are still in tweaking stage)
Dungeons: 2/11 Completed
Items/Equipment: 25%
Magicite: 100%
Quests: 0% (I need some help here)
Custom Models: 0/4 (I can't model to save my life)
Custom Skins: 0/4 (I also can't skin to save my life)

*Currently Recruiting for this Project*
Positions required: Terrainers/Triggers/JASS/Maybe some Modellers for custom hero models?

Introduction:
Me and my friend wanted to make a RPG based off Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles from Gamecube. Although we are both under experienced map makers, we still considered making it. We thought how there are alot of simple RPGs out there will no skill needed to complete (Grind Experience/Gold/Equipment and then kill last boss), so we decided to make our own RPG based of strategy to complete.

Map Description:
The RPG will consist of 4 classes, Clavats/Yukes/Lilties/Selkies, all of which can be chosen multiple times (meaning all 4 players can have Clavats or a mix between all heroes) so they are not restricted to a certain class depending on their Player Slot. The aim is to defeat Raem (the final boss in FFCC) while also killing his minions (Dungeon Bosses & Creeps) and saving the Villagers of Tipa. Players will also be able to buy Magicite and Equipment from the town called 'Tipa'.

This RPG must require a MINIMUM and MAXIMUM of 4 players as it will be difficult for players to complete it without 4 players.

*This RPG has NOT been implemented with a SAVE/LOAD function yet. I might add one in the future if it becomes extremely lengthy*

The Heroes:

• Clavat: This is a defensive class, in which heroes will be as the main tank. Clavats are well known for their good defence.

Skills: Charge Attack/Defensive Stance/3 Slots Taken For Attributes​

• Yuke: The magician and long ranged damage dealer. Yukes are well known for their great magical skills.

Skills: Charge Attack/Siphon Mana/3 Slots Taken For Attributes​

• Liltie: The short, hard-headed race, in which heroes will be the main damage dealers. Lilities are known for their great strength in combat.

Skills: Charge Attack/Rage/3 Slots Taken For Attributes​
  • Selkie: A blissful race, in which heroes are the most agile. Selkies are known for their improved speed in combat.

Skills: Charge Attack/Blink/3 Slots Taken For Attributes​

Features:
  • Players are given an option to buy Magicite at the cost of Crystal Shards (obtained from Bosses, rare drops from creeps and secret locations) and Equipment at the cost of Gold (obtained from killing creeps, bosses and quests).
  • Magicite will be upgraded for every magicite u purchase (i.e A player buys the Fire Magicite, he buys another Fire Magicite and it transforms into Fira Magicite)
  • Equipment will be based of Classes, meaning the Clavats can only used swords, shields and heavy armour. Whilst Yukes are only able to use Staffs and light armour.
  • Bosses will be done strategically, so no hack and slash or auto attack for bosses ^_^. It will require a great deal of teamwork to kill bosses.
  • For Heroes, each hero will have a class specific skill and all heroes will have a charged attack and attribute bonus skills.
  • More features will be added in the future, or if anyone has a request they want to implement.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
considering that he has 3 for atributes, if hes useing something to hide the icons (atribute bonus with the show art checked off, or increase stats via triggers when its learned) for those, he can have more slots made avalible to him.

as for the 5 slots, they are (2,0 2,1 2,2 2,3 1,1 1,2) 1,3 is the learn skill menu, that is hidden when the hero can no longer learn or level skills

MB-Kiyoshi

Reaction score
considering that he has 3 for atributes, if hes useing something to hide the icons (atribute bonus with the show art checked off, or increase stats via triggers when its learned) for those, he can have more slots made avalible to him.

as for the 5 slots, they are (2,0 2,1 2,2 2,3 1,1 1,2) 1,3 is the learn skill menu, that is hidden when the hero can no longer learn or level skills

Thanks for the reply, was hoping to give them 3 attributes bonuses and 2 skills only, so not sure if I'm going use a 6th skill yet. The reason I did attribute bonuses as a main hero skill is because I want people to sacrifice stats for other stats, such as either get damage or armour, these sacrifices will make it more challenging rather than making monsters have supa dupa stats =].

I was also wondering, how would I go about making a dialog teleporter? Something to teleport my heroes to respected dungeons and back, and to also teleport all heroes in a specific region to return to the town after 30 seconds?....

MB-Kiyoshi

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this, but I kind of need help :O

Despite no one tried to answer the previous question I asked, I will ask a different one instead.

Can someone check my icons (that are attached in 1st post), I've tried fixing them, but they still appear as green icons when imported.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score

Hmm...
2djdma9.jpg

Im counting 6?

Even though I only think it's possible to add 5 abilities to the hero in the object editor itself?

-Lindenkron

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You can add skills via triggers?
And even add a seventh skill after the "Learn Skill" button is gone.

MB-Kiyoshi

Reaction score
Need Some Help!

Thanks for the info, but I've ended up just sticking to 4 skills now: 1 active and 3 passives.

If anyone can help me on this, how would I be able to make a active skill, that cleaves in a 500 radius and deals [150%] damage to all enemies around the unit that casts the ability. It has to have a 2 second start-up delay before the damage executes.

Thanks in advance.

MB-Kiyoshi

Reaction score
The terrain looks flat. Needs improvement on that.

I can try improve that later on, hence why I wanted to recruit a terrainer.

I was wondering if someone can help me make an active skill, that when targets an enemy, deals 150% to surrounding units in a 500 range radius (similar to Proudmoore's Cleave but as an active instead of a passive).

And the footman skill 'Defend', is it possible to make it reduce all types of attacks other than magical?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.