Fire orb ranged attack could work vs ground units?

shadowvzs

Reaction score
Fire orb ranged attack could work vs ground units?
i mean only with object editor and triggers could make a melee unit after pick up a item do ranged attack?

Love-Nature

Reaction score
Yes... use any orb item, like lightning orb or fire orb or frost orb and your hero will use attack 2 also and from object editor of your hero to attack 2 you can change Target Allowed : Air with Ground or whatever you want

Hope it helped. :D

shadowvzs

Reaction score
i thought same too but there Target Allowed is Air, Ground, Structure, Debris, Item, Ward without any change too ...

also fire orb ability got Ground, Air, Ward option too

shadowvzs

Reaction score
absolute no difference (yes, i tryed but dont changed at all, allways go close to ground unit)

shadowvzs

Reaction score
try it urself, if u tryed then i belive i readed something wrong, coz i tryed more times but i doubt u tryed it too

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Hav you tried using the eagle eye ability? It increases range by a set ammount, may be perfect for this but idk if it works on melee

GFreak45

Reaction score
hmmm maybe im wrong, but its an ability in custom hero line wars and iv seen it used as an orb effect, it increases the range of the units with the ability
i think its a basic unit ability (ie an upgrade) that is used as a hero ability or item ability

i believe it would be under either human or night elf abilities (i dont remember what race has an increased range upgrade but i believe its for either riflemen or archers

johnnymra

Reaction score
It's for rifleman for sure, a human upgrade that increases attack range, no matter the unit is ranged or melee, as far as i know. I am sure it works...

Just make an item or some ability that when the hero acquires/learns it he will be also given the upgrade. The idea is also used in DotA for the Rifleman hero and in some other maps i have seen.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
That also comes with the drawback that it's permanent. Dropping the item won't forget the upgrade, nor will anything else.

GFreak45

Reaction score
that is unless he creates an upgrade thats the same with negative values, and just has many many ranks of it

merlinds

Reaction score
If you play the campaings, you will se that there are Fire Orbs, Ice Orbs, etc. In the description of the items says that allows ranged attacks vs air units.
If you check, the defaul heroes has 2 attacks setted but just one activated.
The second attack allows attaking air units. And the item Fire Orb, has a Skill that activates the 2 attacks.
You dont need triggers, just the common items.
If you want to see it, just create a new map, place some enemys, a defaul hero and a fire orb. It has to work like that.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Yes, but what you want (as far as i have seen) is to make the unit attack ground units with a higher range than melee (100)... such thing will not be possible with only 1 item like those orbs, due to the fact that the unit is already set to have a normal attack as melee with range 100.

keychup

Reaction score
When you give a hero an orb of fire , its secondary attack can be activated and thus allow it to attack from a distance (flying units). Here's your problem: by enabling attack 2 you've allowed the hero to attack from a distance but since attack 1 is still enabled and has the same targets allowed (ground) you will still attack ground units using attack 1. If you want orb of fire to attack ground units using attack 2, then attack 1 should not be allowed to attack ground units either.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
keychup has a point. Try disabling attack 1 and see if that works.

Love-Nature

Reaction score
Just do this

Attack 1: Ground,item,ward blabla...

Attack 2: Air only

or reverse, depending on what you need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.