Fortress Survival

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Hello Helper!

After a failed search I've come to ask how the wall system in Fortress Survival was concocted.

As we all know, in many survival games, there is the common issue of the invaders targetting the defenders BEHIND the walls. The solution around this is generally accepted: giving it an attack.

However, after playing Fortress Survival again after many years, it looks like the walls will be targetted even without an attack. How did they manage this?

canons200

Reaction score
However, after playing Fortress Survival again after many years, it looks like the walls will be targetted even without an attack. How did they manage this?
this is not true, you can try to place a wall and a tower next to each other, and see what will happen.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Untested thoughts:
Give it an attack but choose to not show the attack UI? (It's an option in the Unit Editor.)
Give it something like immolation?
Give it Ward classification? (The AI always seems to target Serpent Wards immediately...)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
That could work, but then again, supposed there were units that could exit the fort, then wouldn't the units prefer to attack the towers?

Also question, if I order a unit to attack move to a point in which its route is blocked by a wall. Will it target the wall? Or tower?

Because that's my current movement system, attack move, so i'm not sure if it would work.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I think thats what Fortress Survival might use, either that or the units are attack ordered to the spot where players are.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
That's what I've been using most of the time, but I'm not sure if it works 100% of the time.

Bankde

Reaction score
I think do like Weep said, give wall attack ability or immolation. It will attract the monster nearby.

Risen

Reaction score
I don't think the makers are around anymore, if they are you could ask for an unprotected version (without triggers.)

Or you could deprotect it and look at the object editor. It's unsupported here but who cares.

If you can't resolve your problem and really need it, PM me with a link and I'll do it for you.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I think do like Weep said, give wall attack ability or immolation. It will attract the monster nearby.

Fortress Survival uses neither of these.

As of now, I'm still using the attack move option. But occasionally, when it attack-moves onto higher ground, the unit can't register a direct path.

Perhaps it only worked in FS because it was all flat?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Thats probably true, you could either A, Disable fog of war, or B, disable fog and black mask.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.