[FPS Map] Gunners Conqueror Exiled :: The legend, the truth, the untold ::

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
> Good, Ill test new version soon.

You better do. Lol :p

Anyways when I was tring out my third version map (gonna release it today) I discovered that whenever my bomb explodes, it clones myself (wtf) and then it will say ' has killed Ryuu', no killer.

Fixed that.

BETA3 arriving to town soon! - Fixed alot of bugs

Off-topic (sorta):
Darn, I released three versions in just a short week. Is it a little too fast? But I can't help it. Hopefully after releasing my third version there will be much lesser bugs.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting but I'm just here to introduce the biggest update so far - BETA3!

Complete changelog:
  • Fixed bugs:
    • Moving-to-arena bug (at the beginning, some players do not move to the arena)
    • Fixed the cloning bug (whenever you use bomb, it will clone yourself)
    • Fixed the spawning-out-of-arena bug (sometimes when you revive, you spawn out of the arena)
  • Guns:
    • Guns now shoot faster.
    • Pistol, Machine Gun and Shotgun has reduced AoE.
    • Removed Rifle (its exactly the same as Machine Gun and bugs alot; might as well remove it)
  • New things!
    • Added a new arena (Cave).
    • Added a crosshair.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Yeah, true. I suck at terraining and I know it myself. I did the best to my ability though, lol. And talking about this, if anyone could help me terrain, he would get into the credits list, plus a rep too!

Depends...what do i need to edit the map? and in response to that bendy comment...
yes i find that wierd...Bullets shouldn't do that. Unless well....that's how it is in that universe

Ryuu

Reaction score
> what do i need to edit the map?

Just improve on the arenas' terrain, especially the new Cave, and also Lava.

> Bullets shouldn't do that. Unless well....that's how it is in that universe

I think this matter really bothers people that much? I see. Right. Working on finding a bullet model now.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Whats the use of the target thing in the middle of the screen, when you don't allways shoot were it is anyways?

Now I spawned on a cliff, then, a differnt time, I spawned on lava two or three times before I stopped spawning on lava...

I was working on lava terrain abit, but everything looks differnt ingame so its hard to make it look good..here it is so far.

Attachments

• GCE_surgeWar_BETA3terrain.w3x
    151.4 KB · Views: 204

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Instead of using Shockwave, how about using Carrion Swarm? That's what I did on my FPS.

Ryuu

Reaction score
> I was working on lava terrain abit, but everything looks differnt ingame so its hard to make it look good..here it is so far.

I haven't tested it ingame, but from what I saw from the editor, it was.. amazing (I could never do such things).

You want me to credit you?

P.S Did you increase the map size? It looks much bigger.

> Instead of using Shockwave, how about using Carrion Swarm? That's what I did on my FPS.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Now, on to those bullet models..

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
You want me to credit you?

P.S Did you increase the map size? It looks much bigger.
Nah, I don't need credits. I did it pretty fast..

I increased map size, yes. I was planing on useing the extra space to make all of them bigger. I made lava a little bigger allready.

Did you like the volcano? :)

Ryuu

Reaction score
Lol it was splendid.

I'm putting the map on hold, since I'm a little busy with my own personal stuff. I'll get back to it when I'm done.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
to be honest, the camera movement is a bit subpar considering its jass. I lack the knowledge of coding currently, but i may just submit a simple and effective camera system for you when im bored. Its full GUI so you could most likely make it in jass and more efficient but the concept will still remain the same.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
it seems that most people really don't lik your FPS map very much. I luv the idea so im gunna test it now!

EDIT: Other than its boring cos theres no NPC's that wud be quite fun.
It bugs alot with the camera, somtimes the rifleman gose off to the right but the camera dosn't follow
and the last thing when you fire, i don't know what it's called again but when you fire it the whole terrain wobles, a gun couldn't do that!

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
well, im a bit more busy than i thought id be, heres a little bit of what I made last night, what I have done sofar is the basic parts. Fraps + wc3 seemed to lag me bad so aiming was really hard.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjAjK9j1HIs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjAjK9j1HIs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
i wasnt exactly saying his map was bad, i was just saying alot more can be done since he knows jass i would expect far greater results once you get the first person view figured out seeing how it was a third person view on his map.

Edit- Lawl uareanoob :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.