[FPS Map] Gunners Conqueror Exiled :: The legend, the truth, the untold ::

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
My FPS map is complete (at least I think it is :D)

It's a really fun FPS (First Person Shooter) that you kill people (lol).

Storyline
The Legend of Ascrias mainly tells the story of the Horrus Military. Eons ago, where technology was simple, Ascrias was the first continent to ever set up the Military, even before the US did. They were known as the Horrus Military (came from: Horrors) 'cause almost everyone avoided them.

During that time, unlike today, people in the military fought for money. They abused their power to command guns. As long as a passerby has even a penny, blood will spill. No one killed the military, however. Because of this, everyone decided to join the military.

The original Horrus Military did not know about it, until day by day more and more people joined. It was then Captain Misj suspected something. He conducted a plan to prove his theory. He seperated the military into two different groups, the White Team and the Black Team. The White Team had more people; since it contains all of the newcomers. The Black Team contains its original members.

He walked over to the base of the White Team; where he was greeted by smart uniforms all over the place.

Misj picked up a book from his bag, and in it found the name of the newcomer who joined after the last original member of the Horrus Military. He read his name aloud, Homer.

"Yes, sir!" Homer replied with ultimate respect. Misj asked him a few questions, before using a rifle to shoot his leg. He demanded for the truth. Homer replied once again, but after that Misj killed him. Many of the other White Team members were shocked; they regretted joining the Military. As one by one they were checked (fortunately, only 30 of them were killed, since there was no time to check), the remaining White Team members decided to rebel against Misj and his Black Team members.

In the White Team Base, they researched on the weakness of Misj, but couldn't find anything. They tried to remember how Misj and his Black Team tortured them in the past. They knew that the Black Team was all greed, money, murder and blood.

Then they knew. They decided to have a bait. They used all the money they could find to buy guns, and equip the remaining amount to the bait - a female known as Saphrine.

Saphrine was prepared. She rushed to the Black Base, along with the White Team members following secretly behind. The Guard System was alerted; many guards rushed out to eliminate the enemy. Misj came out to find out what's happening.

All of a sudden, bombs exploded everywhere, gunshots, gunbangs, a few headshots, explosions, and more gunshots. 7 of the Black Team members were dead, but their target has been reached - killing Misj.

Of course, one part of their plan failed - if the White Team didn't set up that trap, who did? That's why the Black Team knew it was the White Team. Revenge was 'of course', but it lasted only for a short period, since the White Team escaped into Ashraf, the ancient land.

The Black Team finally found White Team, but couldn't find any members, since they were all disguised perfectly.

88 Years Passed. The Ashraf King died. The White and the Black Team were no longer in cahoots.

With the King down, the citizens of Ashraf have to vote for a leader. The White Team voted for themselves to be leader, yet the Black Team voted for themselves too.

A new conflict is arriving - as two years passed, Ascrias and Ashraf, the land in which the Horrus Military possessed, became what known as HELL..

Who shall win this everlasting war? Who will be crowned as King of Ashraf, or even better, who shall survive?

Features:
Three maps - Prison, Lava and Straight.
Information on the maps
Prison - The prison is where the Horrus Military kept the pathetic citizens in.
Lava - Ashraf and Ascrias were exploded and burnt beyond recognition. This map is either Ashraf or Ascrias.
Straight - Classic killing map. Straight death arena.

Three modes - Deathmatch (DM), Team Deathmatch (TDM) and Elimination (Elim).
Information on the modes
Deathmatch - Revival system applied, Round system disabled, score system applied, team system disabled.
Team Deathmatch - Revival system applied, Round system disabled, score system applied, team system applied.
Elimination - Revival system disabled, Round system applied, score system applied, team system disabled.

GCE (the abbreviation for my map name) is currently in BETA progress. Can you be the Beta Tester?

If you're wanting to be a beta tester (unlimited space), add Lucarius in BNET on Lordaeron. I'm seldom online, unless you tell me to.

If you are already a BETA tester, please test the following:
  • Elimination mode - I couldn't test this mode by myself, so I need you to help me test it - does the round and revival system work?
  • Bugs - Help me find any bugs, I'll solve it right away!
  • Or just simply play it - Just play for fun!

When in game, hit Quests (F9) and read the guides there if you really don't know how to play.

Screenshots:
ss1hx3.jpg

ss2gg1.jpg

Changelog:
Code:
26.06.08 - Fixed the moving-to-arena bug, cloning bug, spawning-out-of-arena bug, guns now shoot faster, Pistol, Machine Gun and Shotgun has reduced AoE. Bazooka remains at 300; now you need more accuracy, Ultimatez section now in progress. Removed Rifle, added a new map Cave. Also added Crosshair.
25.05.08 - Smoothened Turning Speed and Improved on the Terrain. Report more bugs please, I know there are plenty more.
23.05.08 - First BETA version.

This is my map:

Attachments

• GCE_surgeWar_BETA3.w3x
    138 KB · Views: 244

TurboJyri

Reaction score
It would be nice to know how many players map it is. Cause it takes hours to find it from map list.

EDIT: Tested: Bad non-smooth controls. And full of bugs. And actually it is 3rd person shooter

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
There's an obvious bug:

Divide by zero error in Trig_Jump_Actions()

Try to fix it.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
rofl, I'll be gone for the next few days (vacation) and I have to go just about now so I don't have time to try it. When I come back, if I have time I'll give it a shot.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
The viewing system was nice, but thats about it. Everything else needs LOTS of work.

For a example, I got respawned of the map. Were I couldn't do anything. And shooting is delayed... Terrain & arenas need work too.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Thanks for all that feedback and complaints :D

TurboJyri said:
It would be nice to know how many players map it is. Cause it takes hours to find it from map list.

EDIT: Tested: Bad non-smooth controls. And full of bugs. And actually it is 3rd person shooter

It is a 10-player map. I'll try to improve on the turning speed.

tom_mai78102 said:
There's an obvious bug:

Divide by zero error in Trig_Jump_Actions()

Try to fix it.

I don't actually have a jump in my map. I gave up on the jump project weeks ago, but I didn't remove the ability and the trigger. That trigger is actually useless.

soulreaping said:
Could you please post some screenshots?

Okay. I'll try to update the post with some screenshots.

swe_suffer said:
update with extended info about the map! :)

Extended info.. I'll try to put in some more information.

Daskunk said:
The viewing system was nice, but thats about it. Everything else needs LOTS of work.

For a example, I got respawned of the map. Were I couldn't do anything. And shooting is delayed... Terrain & arenas need work too.

Okay. When you respawn, you just click on your Rifleman and you can play again.

'Shooting is delayed' > I can't find any ability in Warcraft that can shoot instantly, of course it has to be delayed (based it off Shockwave).

'Terrain & arenas need work too' > Okay.

Expect an update of the post and the map soon.

EDIT: Soon enough. I changed the terrain abit. Lava looks more like a dungeon, Prison looks more like a torturing place, and Straight now looks more like a place where many people died. I improved on the turning speed too, as it is now faster. Test it, report bugs and give feedback ;)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Really glitchy, bad controls, pretty choppy movement system, and the guns always shot off to the side.

Ryuu

Reaction score
> Really glitchy, bad controls, pretty choppy movement system, and the guns always shot off to the side.

Try the new updated version, it's smoother.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Yeah, true. I suck at terraining and I know it myself. I did the best to my ability though, lol. And talking about this, if anyone could help me terrain, he would get into the credits list, plus a rep too!

Daskunk

Reaction score
Okay. When you respawn, you just click on your Rifleman and you can play again.
Normaly, anyways. But no, I couldn't.

'Shooting is delayed' > I can't find any ability in Warcraft that can shoot instantly, of course it has to be delayed (based it off Shockwave).
Ive seen plenty of games with it much, much less delayed shooting, But I haven't made any maps like that, So I can't tell you how they did it..

I haven't tested the new version, but it seemed like the terrain was blank. And just one turn. So I walked to the other end and clicked shock wave. How boring... :( Theres really nothing that made the map interesting..

Ryuu

Reaction score
> Normaly, anyways. But no, I couldn't.

What you mean you couldn't? Everytime I tried when I died all I did was left-click on myself and that's it.

> Ive seen plenty of games with it much, much less delayed shooting, But I haven't made any maps like that, So I can't tell you how they did it..

Much less delayed shooting? Maybe its got something to do with Channel? I based all of my abilities of channel.

> I haven't tested the new version, but it seemed like the terrain was blank.

No, it's not.

> And just one turn.

What you mean?

> Theres really nothing that made the map interesting..

Play it with your friends.. with other people. Singleplay is usually for.. testing or for.. for the sake of playing or just simple training.

Daskunk

Reaction score
What you mean you couldn't? Everytime I tried when I died all I did was left-click on myself and that's it.
I spawned OFF the map. Were I COULD NOT move. I was stuck. I selected him, my camera and shooting worked, but I could not move. Do you get what I'm saying?

No, it's not.
No its not in the new version, or no it never was?

What you mean?
What I mean is, there was no ramps\tunnels\hallways. You made a flat map with no doodads on it (As a example, you didn't really)But what if you made a map were there was differnt rooms and places, but still no doodads? Do you get what I mean? It would be better, even if not great..

Play it with your friends.. with other people. Singleplay is usually for.. testing or for.. for the sake of playing or just simple training.

In elimination tournament, for a example, theres a large set of weapons you can use different ways that are good at different things, and grenades everywhere, and good level designs you can use too help you, as well as a few other items and stuff. (If you haven't played that, you should :) ) I'm not saying it has to be as good as that, but the game is to simple now. There was nice system were you could look around, Yay, and its a first person view, but that did not make it any fun at all. There was still not much to do. The terrain was boring, and I only had one simple gun that caused the ground to Bend in greatly (Lol..???).

Would you like a map were your gunmen with shockwave on a small bland map, and you cast it on the enemy, die, and revive off the map? No. Simply casting one ability over and over just isn't fun.

Would you like a map were you just look around a fairly blank map? No.

And to tell you the truth, them together isnt fun, it needs more things you can do and more fun terrain and stuff.

I'm not saying thats exactly how your map is, but so far you didn't seem to understand a single thing I said, so I'm just giving examples. I don't think I was very clear the first time... :(

In case you didn't get it, heres another example:
If in footmen frenzy, each hero just had shock wave, no items, buyable units, unit upgrades, or different units then footmen, would it be fun? Not really..

Anyways, do you get what I mean yet? :)

Ryuu

Reaction score
Yep I do.

Okay, I'll answer your every question:

> I spawned OFF the map. Were I COULD NOT move. I was stuck. I selected him, my camera and shooting worked, but I could not move. Do you get what I'm saying?

Seems like my region was a little too big. No problem, I'll decrease the size of it.

> No its not in the new version, or no it never was?

It's full of stuff in the new version.

> In elimination tournament, for a example, theres a large set of weapons you can use different ways that are good at different things, and grenades everywhere, and good level designs you can use too help you, as well as a few other items and stuff. (If you haven't played that, you should ) I'm not saying it has to be as good as that, but the game is to simple now.

I have to agree my map wasn't the tournament standards, but hey, it was just released a few days ago ;)

> The terrain was boring, and I only had one simple gun that caused the ground to Bend in greatly (Lol..???).

The terrain had changed.

Every 20 seconds or so, new guns should pop up, and the 'bending' in was because I couldn't find a suitable model small enough yet visible to the eye. Hence I used the Shockwave effect, and that sloping of the ground represents the bullet :D

I get your point. And thanks for those criticisms. ;)

You can expect an update by today (GMT +8) or tomorrow.

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
Code:
> Ive seen plenty of games with it much, much less delayed shooting, But I haven't made any maps like that, So I can't tell you how they did it..

Much less delayed shooting? Maybe its got something to do with Channel? I based all of my abilities of channel.

you could try to set the spell-backswing and spell-point(sorry dont know the real name) time to 0.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll note that and try it tomorrow.

Not free now :/

Daskunk

Reaction score
Seems like my region was a little too big. No problem, I'll decrease the size of it.
Yes, thats what I ment. :D

It's full of stuff in the new version.
Ok. Becuase you can deney the old version was like that.. :p

I have to agree my map wasn't the tournament standards, but hey, it was just released a few days ago ;)
I was just using that as a example so you got my idea.. :)

The terrain had changed.
Good, Ill test new version soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.