free trigger thread comment

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
ok I tried to comment on a free trigger code and now I was -reped..

but the problem is I saw Shadowy fear do it.. and nobody ever deleted his post or anything...
Since SF is a quite respected guy around here, I though it'd be okay if I commented.... here is SF's post... look around the bottom http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8296&page=3&pp=15

I don't care about the -rep but I don't want to be -rep unfairly...
or does SF have a priviledge that I don't know about?!?

P.S well now I won't comment now that I know but at least don't leave some fake clues that you can around the free trigger thread..

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
This discussion is as old as that thread.
The only clear thing are the rules: Post comments in the forum.

What is slightly less clear is the distinction between a comment and an actual improvement.

On a related note, some day, probably around next life, I'll have a detailed look at each and every trigger and map there,
and delete anything that isn't clear, commented or just plain wrong.
Confusing might also be a candidate.

Of course, because we might have missed one is no excuse.
That's a bit like: This message can not be considered spam, because it says so.

;)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
well thx neway Ace
ne way ill get my rep back o_o (puppy eyes)
lol im just joking.. whatever.. thx

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What really inspired the action was that you understood the guidlines, and chose to ignore them a second time.

I did not see shadows comment.
Two wrongs don't make it right.
Second violation. The rules are pretty clear.

To avoid this in the future is much simple. Post code in tags or a map, and don't clutter the thread.

We have very good reasons for keeping this thread clean.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
second violation!??!
when did I ever violate ne other rules than bumping too early!?!?

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
really??

I never posted anything in the free trigger thread... im not lying.. or I just forgot but im pretty sure I didn't

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah most of the time when we delete a post it is not really deleted rather it just becomes invisible to everyone except for the moderators.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
could you quote it for me plz so I know what was my first time

[edit]
is every1 out there to get me recently!?!
got my post deleted becuz I spelled out the words I said to help some1 understand.. and I said sorry when Ace told me it was kinda mean..
Am I on Th.net's most wanted list or something?

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
BTW can u take off that -rep now :D
:D :D ;)

it looks ugly in my user cp.. unless im still accounted for not following the rules even though its my first time..

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
uhmm to be honest.. I didn't look at the free trigger thread rules carefully :(
I saw the part saying post a comment in the forum and I accidently thought they meant we could post comment... but I get what you mean :(

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
Did you not post a comment in the Free Trigger Code thread knowing it was violating the Free Trigger Code thread guidlines on how to post in the Free Trigger Code thread?

:d

According to most contries laws a criminal that have taking the punishment is not a criminal anymore.

Therefore Krakka has taking the punishmen (-rep) and is now not a rulebreaker. Why should he keep the bad rep?

If not bad rep is a time punishent and not a single one that takes place when the punisher press "ok" (or the rep is updated). But how long does this punishment stay?

And if the punishment is time based. How can you be punished again for the same action? Isnt that like sitting in 2 jails at the same time?

Lol, just kidding. Here is the admins the law and the moderators is there police force. And every member has the right to take the law in his/her hand. Or whatever. Never mind, just a intresting thought.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
"The problem is choice."

I remember a long while back, Mind gave me some -rep for a joke being condescending. Now, while I went on to complain in the Special Member's forum, I had no intention of it getting removed, but Ryoko must have thought I did, because he replied something like that quote there.

People can choose to give you -rep. It doesn't even have to be for a good reason. But they can do it, because that is their choice. The Admin's really shouldn't even consider taking it away, unless it was accidental, like someone confusing your name for someone else's who did something wrong.

Also, I've noticed that a few people have been questioning Admins a lot :rolleyes: Now, I used to be a complete and total jerk to Ryoko (whereas now I'm just a big jerk :D) and he eventually banned me for a day because of it. Well, that didn't really change much at the time, but after becoming an Admin at OM, I sort of "got it"...

The Admins here are kind enough to help you out as best they can, and they're trying very hard to keep you guys happy. They shouldn't really have to explain themselves in detail, or go back on something they did. They have their reasons, whether or not you agree with them.

Basically, after all that, here is my message:
Deal with it ;)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
The more pressing question:

Who really cares about rep anyway?

It's just a bunch of green bars (or red :p ). What really matters is how you act. I've gotten -rep before for reason I believe to be unjustified, but like Alex, I realized that it is the decision of the person who gives it. That what makes it a good system. Besides, what really matters is the way you act, not how much rep you have.

So, I recommend you just move on.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone at all. But really, what is it but a number and some colored bars?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
SilverHawk said:
The more pressing question:

Who really cares about rep anyway?

It's just a bunch of green bars (or red :p ). What really matters is how you act. I've gotten -rep before for reason I believe to be unjustified, but like Alex, I realized that it is the decision of the person who gives it. That what makes it a good system. Besides, what really matters is the way you act, not how much rep you have.

So, I recommend you just move on.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone at all. But really, what is it but a number and some colored bars?

It's ironic that this statement just earned you more numbers and green bars ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.