Future President

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
And I'm betting that this unconstitutional part is directed more toward the individual Income Tax rather than taxes as a whole.

That's exactly what it is. I remember seeing that interview.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
> Perhaps you can fill me in on why?

Ron Paul has always been a strong proponent of a limiting of the government through a return to more constitutional policies. Paul wants increased civil liberties and free markets. This is something you will not find with any of the Democratic candidates, nor in great amounts with the other Republicans.
Basically, Ron Paul is for lower government and bigger economy.

> (interview with Ron Paul)

I would love to see that.
However, whether or not he said that, the fact remains that his policy if he became president would be to lower taxes, not abolish them.
And I'm betting that this unconstitutional part is directed more toward the individual Income Tax rather than taxes as a whole.

I'll see if I can find it. I'm pretty sure he was talking about taxes in general. But he was wrong either way because he said that it's not in the constitution that the government can take taxes. So... no vote for him.

I don't think we need a smaller government. Bigger economy, but when you weaken the government it'll become more like a confederation, and confederations don't work very well.

OFF TOPIC: Did you by chance ever see him talking about why disagreed with Lincoln's choice to go to war with the CSA? I may just be a complete warbird, but that's another one of things I dislike about him. I don't know what his policy on other wars are, but people that say the civil war wasn't worth it... they don't seem like they would be too good at leadership during such times.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
^

Like 600k people died in the Civil War. The Northern capitalism was like slavery, with its lack of unions and rights.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
^

Like 600k people died in the Civil War. The Northern capitalism was like slavery, with its lack of unions and rights.

Yeah, so we should just definately just let the Southern states secede and eventually probably have other nations intervene on their behalf and ultimately never have slavery constitutionally abolished... this is why we should restrict voting rights. Although it wasn't Lincolns intention to free slaves, it was nonetheless effective in doing so and probably wouldn't have happened otherwise, at least not for a long time.

Response to esb:

Yeah, most of the major wars that we weren't supposed to have gotten into were under democratic presidencies... and didn't go so well.

Since when were the Iran Hostage Crisis or Boxer Rebellion wars? And some of those were NATO and military operations, not wars.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Quote from Varine as he -repped me for the post I wrote on page 4 of this thread:
You're incrediably misinformed. The Cuban Missile Crisis would have been World War III had Kennedy reacted as he intended after our plane was shot down, and the Soviets were supposed to shoot nuclear missiles at us.

First of all: The Cuban Missle crisis would NOT have resulted in a nuclear war, because noone wanted one and
Secondly: Russia would CERTAINLY NOT attack the US because they knew they could not match up to the firepower of America back then.

Quote from Wiki:

It is now known that in 1962 the U.S. had more than eight times as many rockets as the USSR: 27,297 to 3,332. [8]

Before being arrested on the Crisis's first day, KGB Colonel Oleg Penkovsky was a British-American spy. Historian Melman notes, "the proceedings of his trial in April 1963 revealed that he had delivered 5,000 frames of film of Soviet military-technical information, apart from many hours of talk with Western agents during several trips to western Europe"; the Soviets concluded "that the U.S. then possessed decisive advantage in arms and intelligence, and that the USSR no longer wielded a credible nuclear deterrent".

[8] Archive of Nuclear Data, National Resources Defense Council, <http://www.nrdc.org/nuclear/nudb/datainx.asp>. Retrieved on 4 August 2006

So you see, it is not I who is being ignorant, but in fact it is you who should have done a little research.

Next time you -rep someone for telling his opinion in a debate (That's what debates are all about, no?), think twice, because you have just made yourself look like a complete fool.

-rep for complete lack of respect for freedom of speech,
after all: why take part in a debate if you're just going to harass, insult and/or -rep anyone who doesn't share your opinion?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This debate is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.