GDD Help.....

0WN3D

Reaction score
I jus installed GDD(Weep's GUI Damage Detection System)in my map.... I remade two skill that i previously use unit is attacked event.... Now the skill bugs up when any unit is being damage....
1st trigger:
Trigger:
  • Heavy Blows
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Life of GDD_DamageSource) Greater than or equal to (Life of GDD_DamagedUnit)
      • (Level of Heavy Blows for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (GDD_DamageSource has buff Rage ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing ((Real((Agility of GDD_DamageSource (Include bonuses)))) x (((Real((Level of Heavy Blows for GDD_DamageSource))) + 1.00) x 0.25)) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (GDD_DamageSource has buff Rage ) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing ((Real((Agility of GDD_DamageSource (Include bonuses)))) x ((Real((Level of Heavy Blows for GDD_DamageSource))) x 0.25)) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of GDD_DamagedUnit using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

This problem is that the effect happens on any unit being damaged...

2nd:
Trigger:
  • Shadow Strike
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Shadow Strike for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • If - Conditions
          • (GDD_DamageSource has buff Rage ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing ((Real((Level of Shadow Strike for GDD_DamageSource))) x 10.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
          • Set Temp_Point = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)
          • Set ShadowStrikeLoc = (Temp_Point offset by 50.00 towards ((Facing of GDD_DamagedUnit) + 180.00) degrees)
          • Set ShadowStrikeLocIllu = (Position of GDD_DamageSource)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ShadowStrikeLocIllu using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageCaster.mdl
          • Unit - Move GDD_DamageSource instantly to ShadowStrikeLoc
          • Unit - Order GDD_DamageSource to Attack GDD_DamagedUnit
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ShadowStrikeLocIllu)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ShadowStrikeLoc)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (GDD_DamageSource has buff Rage ) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Less than or equal to (Level of Shadow Strike for GDD_DamageSource)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing ((Real((Level of Shadow Strike for GDD_DamageSource))) x 10.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
              • Set Temp_Point = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)
              • Set ShadowStrikeLoc = (Temp_Point offset by 50.00 towards ((Facing of GDD_DamagedUnit) + 180.00) degrees)
              • Set ShadowStrikeLocIllu = (Position of GDD_DamageSource)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ShadowStrikeLocIllu using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageCaster.mdl
              • Unit - Move GDD_DamageSource instantly to ShadowStrikeLoc
              • Unit - Order GDD_DamageSource to Attack GDD_DamagedUnit
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ShadowStrikeLocIllu)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ShadowStrikeLoc)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Same Prbolem as the 1st... It happens when any unit attacks the hero instead...

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Strange, your conditions should keep that from happening. Can you post the map?

0WN3D

Reaction score
Here ya go.... Use the hero blade master and add either shadow strike or heavy blow...

Attachments

• Copy of Rise Of Rebellion.rar
    2 MB · Views: 61

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I think the problem is because you based the ability for Shadow Strike on Spiked Carapace. Even though you made the Returned Damage Factor 0.00, that's still a damage event. So, these skills are activating whenever the Blademaster takes damage, because it also is returning damage.

Base the ability on something else.

Also, be careful when using damage detection - as you can see, many things count as damage that you might not be aware of. For example, right now, the bonus damage from Heavy Blows would give Shadow Strike a second chance to proc, since that's a second damage event when you apply the bonus damage. Another example, if any of your items let you cast a spell (eg. finger of death) then that damage would trigger these abilities as well. This is common to all damage detection, and you can work around it using a combination of buff-placing attack abilities and testing for the presence of a buff, or triggering all your spell damage.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Oh dood thank you for answer both my questions and being the creator of that system ^^ dam .... 2 +rep in queue....

Jedi

Reaction score
if Damage greater than 0.00

that condition also protect you from buff apply damage.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Not sure if Reopening the case is allowed if another comment is made....
Well anyway, the problem suddenly arise from me..... how do i detect if the damage is from a normal attack, as in the damage is not from a skill ike cleave?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Not sure if Reopening the case is allowed if another comment is made....
Well anyway, the problem suddenly arise from me..... how do i detect if the damage is from a normal attack, as in the damage is not from a skill ike cleave?

Use a dummy caster to deal all spell damage. Then detect if the damage source is your dummy caster. As far as I know thats the best way.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Erm what about i add another trigger that activates when a unit is attacked and add a buff to the attacked unit and in the GDD chek if the unit has the buff?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.