General - Modifying the Command Buttons Completely

simonake

Reaction score
Romek, you should do another turorial that tells how to set change the hotkeys of their wc3 to fit with english games if they have another wc3 language used.

Example, it might not be clear.
I have french Wc3 and to hotkey to move is 'V' for A'v'ancer. When i play dota with lich, a hero that has frost no'v'a, i have to click it because if i use the hotkey, ill will make my hero move.

If you don't know how to change it, go in your wc3 directory and open the notepad file called "CustomKeyInfo.txt"

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What would be the point in doing that, if you can change the hotkeys that would interfere (spells) in the Object Editor.
Also, that wouldn't solve anything, as changing the hotkeys from language A to language B would just make people using language A unhappy.
Which, in this case (English), is the majority.

simonake

Reaction score
It change they hotkeys for the user of the wc3 with custom hotkeys. It does not change anything with the custom spells hotkeys. I change the normal hotykeys only for the player who did that.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
What would be the point in doing that, if you can change the hotkeys that would interfere (spells) in the Object Editor.
Also, that wouldn't solve anything, as changing the hotkeys from language A to language B would just make people using language A unhappy.
Which, in this case (English), is the majority.

Speaking of which, wouldn't this tutorial's technique force all the command buttons into the maker's language?

simonake

Reaction score
This tutorial must be in english because the hotkey used on bnet are the English Hotkey (In most case) so if the people want to use hotkey from game that have english hotkeys, this tutorial would be perfect.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
i know you cant remove certain commands, but can you remove patrol? i dont want to remove attack or move cause i know my mouse buttons dies every so often.

simonake

Reaction score
yes you can. Go in your wc3 directory and open a file called CustomKeyInfo.txt, tells you how to do.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
All of the commands are actually abilities. The only one I know how to remove is Attack which can be done by doing this:

JASS:
call UnitRemoveAbility(Unit,'Aatk')

The raw code for attack is Aatk.

simonake

Reaction score
Create a NotePad File called " CustomKeys.txt " and add into it this
[CmdPatrol]
Tip=Patroll
Hotkey=(HotkeyYouWant)
Tip can be anything you want.
Then go into Warcraft, options, game, and check the box "Use custom hotkeys"
And you're done.

Finnaly, i think ill do a tutrorial tomorrow on this.

Btw, Romek very good tutorial, +rep

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
soo i use the txt file from this tutrorial to set the patrol to overlap another command and then make that new CustomKey file and load it up??

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> All of the commands are actually abilities. The only one I know how to remove is Attack which can be done by doing this:
The other being 'Amov', which removes patrol, move and hold position AFAIK.

> Finnaly, i think ill do a tutrorial tomorrow on this.
Well, it wouldn't really be far off from this tutorial, as what you just said seems awfully similar to what's in this tutorial.

Well, I'll look into that CustomKeys.txt file, and add some stuff about it here. Otherwise 2 tutorials on the same thing seems somewhat pointless.

simonake

Reaction score
Oho, instead of doing it all, you could link my tutorial, was already done when i've read your post.
CustomKeys
It would do a Cycle of link, because i linked your tutorial for the Tips.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No thanks, I'd rather do it myself.

simonake

Reaction score
So you will explain all what i explained?
Isn't it just copying my tutorial? Or/and Stealing it?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
So you will explain all what i explained?
Isn't it just copying my tutorial? Or/and Stealing it?
How is he copying your tutorial when this tutorial was posted in March 2008, and yours was posted today... generally, the more recent submitter would be the one to suspect of copying (assuming there was reason to suspect them, they may have entirely different explanations/scripts/whatever, which'd make it hard to classify as copying)

simonake

Reaction score
His tutorial doesn't mention anything that mine contains. Or, he said that he would do the same thing has i did in mine. That's what i want to prevent.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
His tutorial isn't even on the same subject as yours...

simonake

Reaction score
It's what i say, but if you read 4-5 post before, Romek says that he will do the same system on his own. That's what i want to prevent.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, you suggested that I should do it, and I thought "why not".
Then you made your tut, which is awfully short, and looks like part of a full tutorial.
My tutorial looks full, and an update to it won't hurt. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.