Get which player is controlling a Unit (and using skill with that unit)

love_helper

Reaction score
I mean can we get info about which player make a unit uses skill?
My problems is:
-Unit X has skill HEAL
-Player A own unit X
-Player A share control unit X with player B
-When X use HEAL, I wanna check if it's A or B used. If it 's B then somehow stop the HEAL ability (btw, is there anyway to do so?).

Please help :D

Smitty

Reaction score
The only way I can think is to check when a player selects a unit. But then if both players select it, you've got a problem.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Unless you prevent two players from selecting a unit at once by temporarily removing shared control of the unit.

Smitty

Reaction score
That's kind of annoying. But it might work if the situation is right. What kind of game?

MP®

Reaction score
I would check wether Player A is selecting the triggering unit or not. If he does, don't stop the unit, if he does NOT stop the unit.

Now when both player A and B are selecting, A can still cast the heal spell, but B can also.

If you don't like that, just make a trigger like: Player A selects unit (of type) X -> then stop shared control to Player B, until Player A deselects the unit: grant shared control to Player B again.

Now when both players select the unit: only player A can control it. When just 1 player selects it, he can control it, but only Player A can cast the heal spell

love_helper

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I think that should work :D
Oh, and more questions, just small ones so I dont wanna create an other topic
-Can I stop a unit action, like when Unit X use heal, Is there anyway to stop X from doing that action (stop the action of using heal)?
-This is more important: what is the variable type of Hero/Ability/... ID ? For example, what is the type of 'AIsi' ? Integer or String? If it 's a integer then what is its value in Dec ?

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
For your first question this should work fine.
Trigger:
  • Log 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Healing Wave
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

I don't think that'd work for autocast heals, though.

EDIT: On the subject of the original question, Dota's courier system of transferring items to heroes detects who used the ability and orders the courier to the player's hero. Not sure how that's done but figured it was worth mentioning.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The above method will not work if the cast time and cast backswing time for the casting unit is 0. In that case the casting will happen immediately and cannot be stopped.

MP®

Reaction score
The above method will not work if the cast time and cast backswing time for the casting unit is 0. In that case the casting will happen immediately and cannot be stopped.

but backswing time is almost always more than 0

love_helper

Reaction score
I think buildings have 0 backswing T_T
Ascii Form

1 or 4 ascii characters surrounded by ' '. This form is used for ids in the object editor.

integer x = 'hpea'
integer x = 'Aloc'
integer x = '0' //also works
integer x = '00' //does not work
I found this, and still have no clue what is 'Aloc' in number forms? is it 6510811199 :D?

Edit: nevermind, I found it
Unit data id's are numbers in base 256, where the cyphers are ascii signs. For example: the ascii sign '1' is the number 49.
The ascii number '11' would then be: 49 * 256 + 49 = 12593
So 'Aloc' would be 1097625443

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Is it not possible using GetTriggerPlayer()? Or will that simply return GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.